Salguero: Tannehill continues to outplay Moore, likely to start against Carolina | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: Tannehill continues to outplay Moore, likely to start against Carolina

Tannehill played great against the back ups using back up players. A great start. Until he shows that he can play well against the 1's, Moore will start.
The fact that Moore is the starter in practice is a good indicator of what the staff is thinking, but we all want to see more of RT.
I expect RT get most of the playing time after Moore get's in 2 series to start the Carolina game.
Depending on how the guys play, we could see RT starting the 3rd pre season game.

Get rid of Garrard and let last season's second best divisional QB and our top ten draft pick duke it out.

Why I mean according to the coaches garrard was out dueling them both, what do we lose

inb4 next preseason game where Tannehill does average or below average while everyone expects him to be outstanding and everyone makes threads about how Tannehill sucks.

Why I mean according to the coaches garrard was out dueling them both, what do we lose

Brittleness.. and a hit away from back traction: not worth the risk and resulting blow to continuity. Stopgap at best anyway.

Brittleness.. and a hit away from back traction: not worth the risk and resulting blow to continuity. Stopgap at best anyway.

So is Moore (stopgap) He has outdone Moore in practice and seems better suited for this offense. Hell make Tannehill starter and have these guys as backups and we still have spent less at qb than most nfl teams. I mean by your logic might as well cut moore and Garrard

I would play the starters for a half. Start Moore and have him play the 1st quarter. At the conclusion, of the 1st quarter, I would go with Tannehill for the 2nd. Both would play with the starters and we can evaluate from there.

I would play the starters for a half. Start Moore and have him play the 1st quarter. At the conclusion, of the 1st quarter, I would go with Tannehill for the 2nd. Both would play with the starters and we can evaluate from there.
But there would be no guarantee how long Carolinas starters will be in. IMO if Moore starts against Carolina then he will be the starter...it would be tough to name Tannehill the starter without playing another teams 1s...and he said his plan is to have a starter going into week 3 game.

So is Moore (stopgap) He has outdone Moore in practice and seems better suited for this offense. Hell make Tannehill starter and have these guys as backups and we still have spent less at qb than most nfl teams. I mean by your logic might as well cut moore and Garrard

except he's about 6 years younger, healthy and most importantly already established in the players' eyes as a leader. Garrard's back = Penny's shoulder.

The only issue with that is Carolina may pull their starting defense before Tannehill gets a go. I'd like to see him against a 1st string defense.

Vaark;10643 62688 said:
except he's about 6 years younger, healthy and most importantly already established in the players' eyes as a leader. Garrard's back = Penny's shoulder.

Its nice to be looked upon as a leader but if the old man is the superior player as the coaches have seemed to lean Im sure he will be looked upon as a leader. Im not so sure that the players have been around Moore so long that they see him as this fabulous leader or a superior leader to Garrard. Im not advocating cutting either player , it would be wise to carry three qb's and Devlin really doesnt need to be one

Today I would start Matt Moore opening day with no hesitation. Now that view could change do to Ryan's strong play against an NFL starting caliber defense. I haven't seen that yet.

That's why i think start Ryan this week and let's see what we got. He earned it against Tampa Bay.

watch moore start with the 1's this week, then no decision as to who the starter will be. tannehill start with the 1's the third week of preseason, then a decision as to who will start the opener. then we use the 4th preseason game as our "dress rehearsal" for the regular season (all the starters playing into the 3rd quarter) - against the team we are playing's 2nd, 3 and 4th stringers.

Moore is only good enough for an average season...No need to waste another year of Dolphins football.

Back
Top Bottom