Sam Knight update (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Knight update (merged)

aquaman

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sam Knight update

Guys, Lastest on Sam Knight is the following: The Dolphins have offered Knight a little above the league minimum. Sam has offers from other teams that are giving him much more money. Dave and Co have promised knight that if he signs this one yr deal he will be taken care of next yr. Sam and his agent have a concern that if knight gets hurt hes out a few million dollars. Both sides really want to get this done and it may have to be that our money guys get creative.

thats all i have for now.

Ps

Before the draft Jr, Jt, zach all took sammy out and talked to him about the team and our vision. I hope he bonded with them and it pushes him in to signing one of those incentive deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
DAMN IT, hope they work something out.

we need to get this done...imo we need to sign knight, griese,another wr and a veteran lt...if we have to cut somebody or restructure somebody to free up some money than we need to do it as quickly as possible...

Todd Perry was willing to restructure his deal before the draft and the Dolphins backed off once they figured they had enough cap money to do what they were going to do..maybe he's still willing so we can get knight.

We can not drop the ball on this one! this is a big signing . some of you may not see it as such but it truly is. I am a huge knight fan and think he can step right in and be the big hitter we need in our d backfield.

If the Dolphins sign Knights,the Dolphins on paper will have the best defense in the NFL.

I'm really getting tired of our standard league minimum contract offer. I know that's what has kept us in such good cap shape, but I worry about the reputation we may be gaining as lowballers.

Re: Sam Knight update

Originally posted by aquaman
Dave and Co have promised knight that if he signs this one yr deal he will be taken care of next yr. Sam and his agent have a concern that if knight gets hurt hes out a few million dollars.

IS Dave himself assured he'll be here next year to push through with his promise? Knight needs to get that in writing signed by Spielman.

Spielman is not responsible for Dave's job. It's Wayne Huizenga. Wayne is very happy with Dave, and everybody here thinks he's doing a pretty good job.

yeah .. so you buffalo fans can go to your own board and ponder the eternal question.. no not what is the meaning of life? its the other one.. why did we draft willis mcgahee.

Doesn't sound too good for the home team. He was supposed to make something like 1.3 mil with N.O. this year. Is he worth that. Who don't we trust, our D-line, our corners? With the 3rd ranked defense last year, what kind of incentive package could possibly entice him to sign for a league minimum and how can we afford to pay him over 1 mil?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Better not make promises they may not be able to keep. Fins are already over the 2004 cap :lol:

So what? alot fo teams are clump.. that's what happens in the nfl with these backloaded contracts.
I'm sure you will say we will be in cap hell next year.. yet we will still manage to go out and get new players and still be better then the bills :lol:

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Better not make promises they may not be able to keep. Fins are already over the 2004 cap :lol:

Huh? They were already over last year too!! So what?

You keep hinting cap hell to these guys when in fact it can be avoided. Look at what the Raiders did this year, having all that dead money.

They look like they will be very competitive!

Hey it was not our fault Billy had a numnut running their program back then. Spielman is no numnut and be lucky you have a TD, maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom