Sam Knight update (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Knight update (merged)

Originally posted by minus
If the Dolphins sign Knights,the Dolphins on paper will have the best defense in the NFL.

Without a doubt the most talented secondary.

Maybe we should cut Charlie Rogers and send that money Sammy's way... I think Knight would have a bigger impact than Rogers anyway... Plus Rogers is now a player with legal baggage and possible attitude problems... just my thoughts.

Why would they cut Rogers just a few weeks after signing him? His Baggage and attutude problems are not new.

It's not like he just ran into this trouble in Miami. If Wannspeil were worried about this, they would not have signed him in the first place.

Yea, I guess you guys are right, I would just hate to find out that we lost out on Knight because we couldn't come up with an extra half Mill...

Probably won't happen, but I would hate to see it.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Better not make promises they may not be able to keep. Fins are already over the 2004 cap :lol:

Miami can not be over a cap which does not yet exist.

No one knows what the 2004 Salary Cap will be. From the 2001 season to the 2003 season it has increased from $67M to a projected $75M. Nor do we know which of the current players that Miami has contracted will no longer be here or will have their contracts renegotiated.

As of Feb 14 of this year the Fins were $300k over the cap, but are now $4M under and are almost certainly a better squad today than on Feb 14.

Originally posted by 13isgr81
Maybe we should cut Charlie Rogers and send that money Sammy's way... I think Knight would have a bigger impact than Rogers anyway... Plus Rogers is now a player with legal baggage and possible attitude problems... just my thoughts.

Hadn't heard this one. What type of legal baggage does this guy have? I knew Derrick got into that trouble but that's pretty much over other than a 1 game suspension. Why would they go through all the trouble of drafting high character guys but sign someone with legal troubles?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome ZachSeau13...

Using your first ever Finheaven post to start a cap debate with Clump is not something I would advise... But hey, could be entertaining..

Originally posted by fairbanksb

Hadn't heard this one. What type of legal baggage does this guy have? I knew Derrick got into that trouble but that's pretty much over other than a 1 game suspension. Why would they go through all the trouble of drafting high character guys but sign someone with legal troubles?

You know those guys do the dirty work and sometimes make you look good...Got to have a little dirt on the team..keeps the juices flowing..:D

Originally posted by justafan

Sure.:rolleyes:

Okay, in the past 3 years, who's made it to the playoffs more, Buffalo or Miami? Why is it you feel you need to instill you negativity on this board? Just for kicks, I'll start a poll now.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Here is a KFFL blurb...

Bills | Police And Courts - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:24:21 -0700

The AP reports Buffalo Bills WR/KR Charlie Rogers was charged with punching a police officer at a bar and had to be subdued with pepper spray. He is also being charged with spitting on two police officers. He was released several hours later after posting $150,000 bail. Bills spokesperson Scott Berchtold said he was unaware of the arrest and declined to comment.

Back
Top Bottom