Sam Madison on NFL Network | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Madison on NFL Network

"Come to camp"

Thats his message to Ogun, and he repeats it over and over. Come to camp. They all love Ogunleye but I'm sensing that they are a little baffled over what is going on, because most all of them didn't make a big stink in their RFA year they just took the tender or signed the contract extension.

...and we had a lot of guys that had track records like Ogunleye's too...Zach was awesome his 2nd and 3rd years, Madison too, and Surtain as well. JT was the only one had a good sophomore campaign then followed it up by laying an egg in his 3rd year. But they all played ball.

I am sure the team likes Ogun not only as a player but they are very good friends. This guys seems to be a class act.
Heres a quote from Joe Schad.

I'm sitting at a stoplight on University Drive near the Broward Mall about an hour ago and this car is honking at me so I look over and who rolls down the window of his green Hummer 2 but Adewale Ogunleye?
Considering Ogunleye had just been the topic of a conversation with Dolphins GM Rick Spielman, I found this oddly amusing. (By the way, Rick wouldn't say if the Dolphins plan to reduce their 1-year contract offer of more than 1.8 million to about the $400,000 mark they could tomorrow, Tuesday, according to league rules).
Anyhow, the interesting thing here is that Wale said he expects the Dolphins WILL reduce the contract offer they originally put on his table as a restricted free agent. Does he understand the logic? No. Do I understand that logic? No. The best bet here is that Miami WON'T reduce the salary offer to Wale on Tuesday and will then state it's a "good faith" move in what figures to be - we'll say it again - a lengthy contract negotiation.
Here's the point on Wale. Shaded by tinted windows, the kid didn't have to say hello. But this is the kind of kid Wale is: polite, respectful, intelligent and friendly.

I'm putting my money (no pun intended) on Ogunleye and his work ethic.
And maybe I am biased, but consider this honest moment from this past offseason: my parents and sister fly in from N.Y. to visit me and we're all eating at the Schnellenberger's over here in Plantation. A few tables away, Ogunleye is chowing down with some friends.
As Ogunleye is walking out the door, he stops at our table and proceeds to tell my parents how much he's enjoyed working with me and that I do a nice job. Hey, flattery will get you everywhere. But seriously, the point here is that Ogunleye is a solid, solid individual.
He is a great person who deserves whatever he ends up getting paid.
And make no mistake, he will get paid.

Back
Top Bottom