Sam Young is back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sam Young is back

But doesn't that put us at 54? the kicker for the kicker and Young for Larsen but we also got that LB so who was let go to make room there?

Ozzy rules!!

So what was the purpose behind his cut originally if we resigned him and his full salary?

Young played pretty well for Miami last year. Solid backup.

I imagine the fact they needed to get down to 53 and had to include Larsen?

Ozzy rules!!

Larson had to be on the original 53 man squad before being put on IR.
Someone had to be cut temporarily until they can place Larson on IR and bring back Young.
Just an NFL technical issue

From what I understand, Larson had to be on the 53 in order to be on the IR return list. Basically he's swapping spots with Young

Thanks. :thumbsup

But doesn't that put us at 54? the kicker for the kicker and Young for Larsen but we also got that LB so who was let go to make room there?

Ozzy rules!!
I think Reilly, the LB got cut to make room for March-Lilliard.

Another do right moment by Adam Gase and company.

Adam Gase is just so impressive this way.

He makes moves with players he trusts and who trust him and then he comes through.

The Dolphins theoretically got better at every position this offseason. Kicker, punter, special teams, corner, safety, linebacker, Dline, quarterback (despite the reality that for most teams the injury to a franchise QB means your season) wide receiver, running back (Ajayi comes into the season beast) tight end, only question left is offensive line - which I have to believe will prove doubters very wrong.

People are just under-estimating the Dolphins right now - which I am actually very glad about - because always before they were overhyped and we paid the price! I'm good with the world underestimating the fist that is about to hit Tampa in the face!

So what was the purpose behind his cut originally if we resigned him and his full salary?

We needed to have Larson on the team at the end of cuts if we wanted to designate him IR return. I am assuming Sam got cut because he didn't have to go through waver and the plan all along was to bring him back.

Back
Top Bottom