Same Old Story!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Todd347347, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Todd347347

Todd347347 Well-Known Member

Yep, its another year and another offseason where the fins are crying out for a huge FA splash in Drew Brees. Unfortunately for these fans they again will be disappointed and think the sky is falling, which it won't be. I just don't see us getting brees. He is going to cost a ton and his health is a question mark, I just don't see saban spending the farm on brees or any FA. All I am saying is if we don't sign him, please don't cry "the end of the world", there are always options.

2. HelloMotto

HelloMotto unknown quantity

I'm sure we will do a creative deal with easy to reach incentives. Brees will be a fin. no question.

3. SoDakDolfan

SoDakDolfan Land Locked Dolfan

I would like Brees but I'm not going to pull a 'Chicken Little' if we don't get him. I also have a few reservations but I think the upside outweighs them. If we can get Brees without breaking the bank then lets do it. If not, then we will continue to look for a QB through the draft or other low level FAs that could be developed. I'm not worried, but I sure would rather have the comfort of a franchise QB to count on year after year!!

4. Todd347347

The only way we get him is if we break the bank, I just don't see another way. And what bothers me more is he rejected SD last proposal because it was incentive based and he wants more garrenteed money regardless of his injury.

5. josekareh

josekareh Finfansince75

Brees is good, no doubt, but I still believe there are better options and besides we need a good rookie to develop... let's hope for a 12-4 years this coming year

6. PhinBeck

PhinBeck Perennial All-Pro

well I actually think it is more likely we get Brees now, we have to. We are gonna cut Gus which leaves us Lemon as the only qb on the roster. We arent going to trade for Culpepper and they wont release him, you dont just cut someone like Culpepper IMO. He wouldnt be cheap either. The other qbs like JM or Ramsey arent any better than Gus and have been reported the Fins dont see Ramsey as anything other than a backup. JM hasnt shown that he is a more viable solution than Gus, he may be, but his play hasnt backed that up. Go with what you know vs the gamble potential may be reached simply by changing teams. he hasnt shown the mental maturity that good qbs show.

Unless we just cant work a contract that suits Brees, he will be here. JMO

7. Todd347347

I'll be shot for this, but I beleive Kitna is a better option. I always thought he got the raw end of the deal in cincy. He isn't injuried, and he will be more reasonable.

8. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

They won't let him go since Palmer got hurt...they need Kitna.

Ozzy rules!!

9. inFINSible

inFINSible Don't believe everything you think.

Two time probowl QBs on the short side of 30 don't hit the market very often.

I'd be very surprised if Brees doesn't blow into Miami very soon after free agency begins.

10. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral King of the Wild Frontier

Wouldn't you? Look, Brees has also said that the SD offer didn't include much, if any, signing bonus. That tells me that depite Marty Schottenheimer's objections, their GM, AJ Smith, really doesn't want Brees back and is making him an offer he knows Brees will refuse just to try and save some face.

Personally, I doubt any team will want to just give him a large contract without some form of protection. And it wouldn't suprise me if Miami lets him shop a little before offering a contract.

11. badfoot

badfoot nonpredictor Hammered

Yes the title of this thread is right on....same old ...this has been disscussed more times than it should have been I cant believe someone started ANOTHER Post like this ..maybe a better title would be..Another stupid thread started by someone who doesnt think we get brees.

12. Troysif

Troysif A True Fan Donator

shoot bang ur dead

13. Todd347347

yea unless they are damaged goods...

14. LarryFinFan

LarryFinFan Left So Fla, never the Fins...

While not signing Brees won't be the end of the world as we know it, but I dissagree that Saban won't go out and spend the farm on him (assuming a new CBA is done...all bets are off if not)...Brees represents what his system needs. A guy that is a winner and can get the job done, but at the same time doesn't overpower the rest of the team with his star power...While at LSU, he had issues with Rohan Davey because he thought he was the star on the team and Saban didn't build the team to rely on one star player...

There are other options, and guys like McCown and Ramsey or even Brooks are the worst options for us if something isn't worked out with Brees, but make no mistake, Brees would be Saban's first option...

15. Motion

Motion Banned Hammered

They just signed Doug Johnson to be their primary backup, for some unknown reason, Kitna will be elsewhere next season. I've heard New Orleans.

16. thecoordinator

thecoordinator Banned Hammered

i'm glad youre not the GM :lol:

thank god brees and his shredded shoulder won't be a fin.

17. inFINSible

inFINSible Don't believe everything you think.

....or unless there's a 20 million dollar back-up QB forcing them to do something drastic because they can't pay both of them without weakening the team somewhere else.

18. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral King of the Wild Frontier

I've heard the Jets are very interested also. There were strong rumors that Cincinnati didn't think Kitna was all that great of a backup, so it wouldn't be surprising if he's allowed to test the free agent market.

19. FinsDontGiveIn

FinsDontGiveIn Well-Known Member

Any good QB is gonna cost a lot of $$. We just have to find a way to make it happen.

20. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP

What I find kinda funny is that people have no problem paying any defensive postion a ton of money, but want the cheapest QB they can find.
    But hey, they will always say "Baltimore won with Dilfer" as an excuse to not get a good QB

21. snook

snook Active Member

good post, and I can see this happending around here if we don't land Brees.

But what is different for me, is we have a coach I totally trust is going to make the best move for the team. So if doesn't happend, I can take it better then years past disappointing moves.