Same Old Story! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Same Old Story!

Todd347347

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yep, its another year and another offseason where the fins are crying out for a huge FA splash in Drew Brees. Unfortunately for these fans they again will be disappointed and think the sky is falling, which it won't be. I just don't see us getting brees. He is going to cost a ton and his health is a question mark, I just don't see saban spending the farm on brees or any FA. All I am saying is if we don't sign him, please don't cry "the end of the world", there are always options.

Saban2005 said:
Yep, its another year and another offseason where the fins are crying out for a huge FA splash in Drew Brees. Unfortunately for these fans they again will be disappointed and think the sky is falling, which it won't be. I just don't see us getting brees. He is going to cost a ton and his health is a question mark, I just don't see saban spending the farm on brees or any FA. All I am saying is if we don't sign him, please don't cry "the end of the world", there are always options.

I'm sure we will do a creative deal with easy to reach incentives. Brees will be a fin. no question.

I would like Brees but I'm not going to pull a 'Chicken Little' if we don't get him. I also have a few reservations but I think the upside outweighs them. If we can get Brees without breaking the bank then lets do it. If not, then we will continue to look for a QB through the draft or other low level FAs that could be developed. I'm not worried, but I sure would rather have the comfort of a franchise QB to count on year after year!!

The only way we get him is if we break the bank, I just don't see another way. And what bothers me more is he rejected SD last proposal because it was incentive based and he wants more garrenteed money regardless of his injury.

Saban2005 said:
Brees is good, no doubt, but I still believe there are better options and besides we need a good rookie to develop... let's hope for a 12-4 years this coming year

well I actually think it is more likely we get Brees now, we have to. We are gonna cut Gus which leaves us Lemon as the only qb on the roster. We arent going to trade for Culpepper and they wont release him, you dont just cut someone like Culpepper IMO. He wouldnt be cheap either. The other qbs like JM or Ramsey arent any better than Gus and have been reported the Fins dont see Ramsey as anything other than a backup. JM hasnt shown that he is a more viable solution than Gus, he may be, but his play hasnt backed that up. Go with what you know vs the gamble potential may be reached simply by changing teams. he hasnt shown the mental maturity that good qbs show.

Unless we just cant work a contract that suits Brees, he will be here. JMO

I'll be shot for this, but I beleive Kitna is a better option. I always thought he got the raw end of the deal in cincy. He isn't injuried, and he will be more reasonable.

Saban2005 said:
I'll be shot for this, but I beleive Kitna is a better option. I always thought he got the raw end of the deal in cincy. He isn't injuried, and he will be more reasonable.
They won't let him go since Palmer got hurt...they need Kitna.

Ozzy rules!!

Saban2005 said:
Two time probowl QBs on the short side of 30 don't hit the market very often.

I'd be very surprised if Brees doesn't blow into Miami very soon after free agency begins.

Saban2005 said:
The only way we get him is if we break the bank, I just don't see another way. And what bothers me more is he rejected SD last proposal because it was incentive based and he wants more garrenteed money regardless of his injury.

Wouldn't you? Look, Brees has also said that the SD offer didn't include much, if any, signing bonus. That tells me that depite Marty Schottenheimer's objections, their GM, AJ Smith, really doesn't want Brees back and is making him an offer he knows Brees will refuse just to try and save some face.

Personally, I doubt any team will want to just give him a large contract without some form of protection. And it wouldn't suprise me if Miami lets him shop a little before offering a contract.

Yes the title of this thread is right on....same old ...this has been disscussed more times than it should have been I cant believe someone started ANOTHER Post like this ..maybe a better title would be..Another stupid thread started by someone who doesnt think we get brees.

Saban2005 said:

shoot bang ur dead

inFINSible said:
Two time probowl QBs on the short side of 30 don't hit the market very often.

I'd be very surprised if Brees doesn't blow into Miami very soon after free agency begins.

yea unless they are damaged goods...

Saban2005 said:

While not signing Brees won't be the end of the world as we know it, but I dissagree that Saban won't go out and spend the farm on him (assuming a new CBA is done...all bets are off if not)...Brees represents what his system needs. A guy that is a winner and can get the job done, but at the same time doesn't overpower the rest of the team with his star power...While at LSU, he had issues with Rohan Davey because he thought he was the star on the team and Saban didn't build the team to rely on one star player...

There are other options, and guys like McCown and Ramsey or even Brooks are the worst options for us if something isn't worked out with Brees, but make no mistake, Brees would be Saban's first option...

Danny said:
They won't let him go since Palmer got hurt...they need Kitna.

Ozzy rules!!

They just signed Doug Johnson to be their primary backup, for some unknown reason, Kitna will be elsewhere next season. I've heard New Orleans.

Back
Top Bottom