San Antonio Spurs Run To The Title..Go Spurs Go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

San Antonio Spurs Run To The Title..Go Spurs Go

dreday

future of the funk
Reaction score
Ok it looks like theres a few of us Spurs fans on this site.So guess what?Im gonna start a new thread for our quest for the championship.

The Spurs tip off the season tonight against the Dallas Mavericks.Remember them?Of course you do.Last year there was an amazing 7 game series featuring the two teams.Everybody remembers the bad seeding (including David Stern) and of course the classic series.After losing to the Mavericks in a heart-breaking Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals last season, the Spurs won't say that revenge is on their minds. (But you all know it is)
"We believe that we should have won it (last season)," said Tim Duncan this week. "We are going to try to go into Dallas and get this one and get a boost to start this season."

Bruce Bowen says it's not about making a statement to the Mavericks, but about starting the season off on the right foot.

"I don't know if it's about sending a message per se," explained Bowen. "But we want to go out and play the best basketball we can in a difficult environment."

Well tonight the Spurs are still unsure if they will have their starting point gaurd in the lineup."It's pretty sore, pretty sore," said Parker after Wednesday's practice. "But I think I'll be alright. I'll see how I feel tomorrow."

Even if Parker feels he's ready to go tonight, the final decision will be made by head coach Gregg Popovich.Im feeling pretty confident he'll go..

Tipoff is at 7:00pm at the American Airlines Center in Dallas.

Lets rejoice Spurs fans..And to the rest of the fans of the NBA,I say in the immortal words of TO,"Get your popcorn ready" ANNNND

thanks for the schedule Dre....:wink:

Spurs are my pick to take it all this year :wink: :wink: :wink:

I see a cavs-spurs final going to 7 games...with lebron seriously playing but just coming up short against a superior team

not to mention one of my favorite players is manu ginobili :yes:

Giiiiinnnnnnnnnoooooooooobbbbbbbllliiiiiiiii !!:lol: Lets hope he can stay healthy and at least play 75 games.

yup, Ginobili is my favorite NBA player currently... The Admiral is my all-time favorite however.:D

SpurzN703 said:
Thanks for the invite Flames.

We'll take the first 2 games of the year. Book it
It was actually I who invited Spurs fans,but I wont take it personal.:lol: Anyways yeah I see us getting off too a hot start.We usually handle the Cavs well and the Mavs have some changes that theyll need time to gel with.

Dre3000 said:
It was actually I who invited Spurs fans,but I wont take it personal.:lol:

:wink: lol...we all know Dre, he's just referring to the PM I sent him letting him know this thread now existed thanks to you...Spurs fans UNITE!

:allhail:

In_Flames said:
:wink: lol...we all know Dre, he's just referring to the PM I sent him letting him know this thread now existed thanks to you...Spurs fans UNITE!

:allhail:

Just thought about that.No problem.:lol: Go Spurs Go !!!!!

Dre3000 said:
Ok it looks like theres a few of us Spurs fans on this site.So guess what?Im gonna start a new thread for our quest for the championship.

The Spurs tip off the season tonight against the Dallas Mavericks.Remember them?Of course you do.Last year there was an amazing 7 game series featuring the two teams.Everybody remembers the bad seeding (including David Stern) and of course the classic series.After losing to the Mavericks in a heart-breaking Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals last season, the Spurs won't say that revenge is on their minds. (But you all know it is)
"We believe that we should have won it (last season)," said Tim Duncan this week. "We are going to try to go into Dallas and get this one and get a boost to start this season."

Bruce Bowen says it's not about making a statement to the Mavericks, but about starting the season off on the right foot.

"I don't know if it's about sending a message per se," explained Bowen. "But we want to go out and play the best basketball we can in a difficult environment."

Well tonight the Spurs are still unsure if they will have their starting point gaurd in the lineup."It's pretty sore, pretty sore," said Parker after Wednesday's practice. "But I think I'll be alright. I'll see how I feel tomorrow."

Even if Parker feels he's ready to go tonight, the final decision will be made by head coach Gregg Popovich.Im feeling pretty confident he'll go..

Tipoff is at 7:00pm at the American Airlines Center in Dallas.

Lets rejoice Spurs fans..And to the rest of the fans of the NBA,I say in the immortal words of TO,"Get your popcorn ready" ANNNND

[URL="http://s2.simpload.com/1102454a326e3069a.gif"]http://s2.simpload.com/1102454a326e3069a.gif[/URL]

That's 6pm Mountain Time here in Colorado!!! 8 EST....don't want you to miss the first hour! Should be a great game. I got my MGD ready and I think I will barbecue a nice steak. I use to be able to listen to Spurs games on WOAI as a kid...I think the signal still reaches Colorado. I loved listening to Sam Smith calling Spur's games back when Doug Moe was their coach. The Spurs and Nuggets were my two favorite ABA teams, before they joined the NBA. But my team will always be the Sixers...they looked good last night beating Atlanta. Good luck Spurs. Manu Ginobli is really Freddie Prinze Jr. :lol:

Manu_Ginobili__San__215796s-1.jpg
clear.gif

Good Game Tonight...

Man this Elson kid looks to be something spectacular.A few more games like tonight and he could be the real deal.Frontcourt looks tough.Nice to win those division games on the road.

The bench played solid.Beno had 13 points and NO turnovers.Niiice.Elson 8 points and 3 rebs, cant complain.

I figured Parker would start.You could tell his ankle bothered him a lil bit,but he was hitting his jumper with touch tonight.Cant ask for a better victory, especially one without injuries.W'ell see these guys again on the 24th.Tim needs to step up.Hes the only one I didnt see play well.Anyways I expect him to.More analysis tomorrow.Cavs Fri night.

Back
Top Bottom