sanchez named starter | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

spin it how you want we should have swept you, but early in the season we werent gelling yet and as mentioned Chad almost brought us back and had you gotten a FG then we win the game with a FG and never throw that INT in the endzone intended for ginn who misplayed the ball. so spin it that way and we still win lol. a FG for you puts you up 2 then a FG for us puts us up by 1 for the win, ha!

We were jelled in week 1? Come on, stop w/ the excuses. You got lucky that first game was close. That play happened in the 2nd qtr, you had more than half the game to overcome it but couldn't.

Keep trying to convince yourself of that, bro.

I don't need to convince myself of anything, 17-5 does that for me.

So you're saying they traded for Favre bc they made some other moves and didn't want to waste the season because Penny might get hurt???

Favre was a 1 yr player, 2 at best....any way you try to spin it, it makes no sense....

That doesn't mean they thought they had a SB team. We were 4-12 in 2007 and playing in adiv w/ an undefeated team. There's no way that move was made thinking we were going to the SB especially since Favre couldn't do it the last decade in a weaker NFC in a system he knew.

We were jelled in week 1? Come on, stop w/ the excuses. You got lucky that first game was close. That play happened in the 2nd qtr, you had more than half the game to overcome it but couldn't.

Isn't that what the pre-season is for? So players can jell together??? It's not like the jets were fielding new starters at damn near every position...but either way....in another decade, jets fans will still be clinging to that 17-5.

That doesn't mean they thought they had a SB team. We were 4-12 in 2007 and playing in adiv w/ an undefeated team. There's no way that move was made thinking we were going to the SB especially since Favre couldn't do it the last decade in a weaker NFC in a system he knew.

ok, if not for a SB run, then what was it for??? A publicity stunt? Nothing else makes sense.

OK, we almost swept you w/ Brett Favre.

come on the knife cuts both ways and you know it. I think you could have a very similar season to magina's first if d.sanchez doesn't try to do too much. However, you know there will be some games where you will be reminded sanchez is a rookie......

Isn't that what the pre-season is for? So players can jell together??? It's not like the jets were fielding new starters at damn near every position...but either way....in another decade, jets fans will still be clinging to that 17-5.

So it's a good excuse when a dolphin fan says the team hadn't jelled yet but the Jets w/ a ton of new faces including a QB it's not an excuse? Got it:rolleyes2:

ok, if not for a SB run, then what was it for??? A publicity stunt? Nothing else makes sense.

They thought it made us better but to think SB would have been asinine. I didn't even think it made us better but I understood not trusting Chad's durability.

The dolphins acquired a proven vet in Chad pennington- was it to win the SB last year or b/c they thought he was a better option than the bums they had?

Reactions: MD
come on the knife cuts both ways and you know it. I think you could have a very similar season to magina's first if d.sanchez doesn't try to do too much. However, you know there will be some games where you will be reminded sanchez is a rookie......

Absolutely. I expect around 6-7 wins, if Sanchez is decent and doesn't Favre us w/ TOs then we could be a playoff contender but I expect many rookie moments for him.

Pennington is a lot younger than Favre and didn't just come out of retirement....

The dolphins were about to start a rookie QB when Pennington came availible....

This is comparing apples to oranges...

The FO had to know that Favre was a 1 yr guy....leaving the cupboard bare at the QB position....

[admin]Please keep smack talk in the Depths. Thank you.[/admin]

Last edited by a moderator:

and this convinces me that when all is said and done, the pond scum invariably finds its way back to the bottom
2dv4whj-1.jpg

Absolutely. I expect around 6-7 wins, if Sanchez is decent and doesn't Favre us w/ TOs then we could be a playoff contender but I expect many rookie moments for him.

The Jets will not make the playoffs.....book it.

IMO, they get swept by the pats, at best split with us, though I think they'll get swept, and probably split with the Bills....thats 4 losses at a minimum within the division.

Can you do me a favor and not associate the Jets with my state in your sig please? That upsets me greatly. It's a great sig, but I'm serious- Can you please change it? They are the NY Jets, and they suck balls. Thanks.

sorry bro....no one can blame you for how you feel....but it is truth in advertising.. at least for now (as well as probably a pain in the butt to redo).

nyjunc, let's just wait and let the games take care of themselves, then and only then we can say who is better or not. In the meanwhile I understand you need to fireback with everything you can, after all you are in a Fin site. Now with that said dont bring back the past that best fits your needs, if we go back we need to go all the waaaaaay back, from the start, and you know what that means for your beloved jets. Anyways lets look to the future and hope you guys lose when we meet.

sorry bro....no one can blame you for how you feel....but it is truth in advertising.. at least for now (as well as probably a pain in the butt to redo).

It's bad enough they moved their training facility from Hofstra to 25 minutes from my front door... I don't ask for much. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom