Sanchez or Tebow? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sanchez or Tebow?

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
Jets fans (others may feel free to answer too), who would you rather have to finish out this season?

Sanchez sucks, I wish we had Tebow, Moore, Fitz or any other # of the great biog game QBs this league has to offer.

Sanchez sucks, I wish we had Tebow, Moore, Fitz or any other # of the great biog game QBs this league has to offer.

It was tebow running the ball down your defense throat on the last drive. It was Sanchez getting picked off for 6. I can understand why you feel that way.

It was tebow running the ball down your defense throat on the last drive. It was Sanchez getting picked off for 6. I can understand why you feel that way.
Don't forget Revis, who talked **** all week about Tebow, didn't want to tackle him in crunch time. :lol:

Reading this, I can detect your sarcasm. But you are finally beginning to realize the truth. Nacho is no better than any of those QB's.

we lost to a abd QB last Dec too when Chad henne beat us, it happens. We'll survive.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Reading this, I can detect your sarcasm. But you are finally beginning to realize the truth. Nacho is no better than any of those QB's.

he's MUCH better than those QBs.

we lost to a abd QB last Dec too when Chad henne beat us, it happens. We'll survive.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

he's MUCH better than those QBs.

Is he really?

In completion percentage: Moore and Fitzpatrick are better
In QBR: Moore and Fitzpatrick are better

Your Sanchez man crush is scary. Hope you don't get in trouble with good ol' Rex.

Oh yeah that BAD QB (Henne) you mentioned. Henne and Sanchez are even in completion percentage and Henne trailed Sanchez by a mere 0.9 in the QBR department. :chuckle:

If Henne is bad, so is Sanchez. But we all knew that already.

Is he really?

In completion percentage: Moore and Fitzpatrick are better
In QBR: Moore and Fitzpatrick are better

Your Sanchez man crush is scary. Hope you don't get in trouble with good ol' Rex.

Oh yeah that BAD QB (Henne) you mentioned. Henne and Sanchez are even in completion percentage and Henne trailed Sanchez by a mere 0.9 in the QBR department. :chuckle:

If Henne is bad, so is Sanchez. But we all knew that already.

comp % and QBR:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

comp % and QBR:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

So how do you determine how well a QB is doing, since you are so condescending to anyone who brings up the widely used methods? I'm curious as to how you've justified to yourself that Sanchez is a good QB. You can't really say wins, because then you'd also be saying that Tebow is a good QB, which is just crazy...

So how do you determine how well a QB is doing, since you are so condescending to anyone who brings up the widely used methods? I'm curious as to how you've justified to yourself that Sanchez is a good QB. You can't really say wins, because then you'd also be saying that Tebow is a good QB, which is just crazy...

Silly Locke! It's the back to back AFCC games, duh! :lol: Although, Neil O' Donnell went to back to back AFCC games, and Kordell Stewart went to 2 AFCC games. They weren't back to back, but still. :ponder:

Watch games, watch when teams need their QB to make plays most and if that QB comes through. This year mark has not come through, he has taKen a step back(as have many young QBs) but last year he came through more often than not and he has played his best in January which many QBs do not do. I don't look at #s only, some guys put up great #s early in games or in garbage time and can't play under the brigfht lights- that's not the case w/ Mark.

Silly Locke! It's the back to back AFCC games, duh! :lol: Although, Neil O' Donnell went to back to back AFCC games, and Kordell Stewart went to 2 AFCC games. They weren't back to back, but still. :ponder:

The AFC was a complete joke back then and was O'Donnell a 1st and 2nd yr QB?

By the way, you guys love #s so much yet never post any when they favor mark such as in January(you can't understand everything by looking at the #s but I saw all 3 of these QBs play in every playoff game and Mark was vastly superior to the other 2).

Sanchez(6 games as starter): 95-157, 1155 yds, 61%, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 4-2 record including 4 road wins
O'Donnell(7 games as starter): 158-273, 1690 yds, 58%, 9 TDs, 8 INTs, 3-4 record including 2 home losses
Stewart(4 games as starter): 68-131, 52%, 2 TDs, 8 INTs, 2-2 record inclduing 2 home losses

The AFC was a complete joke back then and was O'Donnell a 1st and 2nd yr QB?

By the way, you guys love #s so much yet never post any when they favor mark such as in January(you can't understand everything by looking at the #s but I saw all 3 of these QBs play in every playoff game and Mark was vastly superior to the other 2.

Sanchez(6 games as starter): 95-157, 1155 yds, 61%, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 4-2 record including 4 road wins
O'Donnell(7 games as starter): 158-273, 1690 yds, 58%, 9 TDs, 8 INTs, 3-4 record including 2 home losses
Stewart(4 games as starter): 68-131, 52%, 2 TDs, 8 INTs, 2-2 record inclduing 2 home losses

I have also seen all 3 of these QBs play and Mark might be superior to Stewart (who made more plays with his legs than his arm). I agree that numbers do not always tell the story, but I've watched Mark play. I see a QB that is carried in the playoffs by the D and running game. Maybe he can get better, but call him what he is right now. Not a franchise guy!

Sanchez 2 year playoff #'s are better than Kordell Stewart's, and Neil O' Donnell's playoffs careers. Impressive. :lol: I've posted Mark's playoff numbers before, and they show exactly what I saw. A QB that must have an excellent running game and D. The Jets only have 25 fewer rushing yards in the playoffs wins than they do passing yards.

Give Sanchez a few more years, and we will see what the playoff numbers look like, if they make it. :up: If the Jets can't get back to having a top 5 running game, and D, I'm willing to bet they are closer to Stewart's and O' Donnell's .

Watch games, watch when teams need their QB to make plays most and if that QB comes through. This year mark has not come through, he has taKen a step back(as have many young QBs) but last year he came through more often than not and he has played his best in January which many QBs do not do. I don't look at #s only, some guys put up great #s early in games or in garbage time and can't play under the brigfht lights- that's not the case w/ Mark.

By your logic, Tim Tebow has come through for the Broncos and made plays when it counts, making him a good QB. No one outside of the most delusional would agree with that assessment. Ignoring numbers completely is disingenuous at best. YPA is an excellent barometer of how a QB is playing, for example. You can't ignore Tebow's pathetic YPA because he made a few plays with his feet at the end of a game to win a squeaker. You're taking your stance to an extreme. If you were being reasonable, you would say you should take stats with a grain of salt. Such as, higher completion % due to lots of screens and check downs, or a skewed INT stat due to tipped balls, etc. You can't just say stats don't matter at all, because they do. They tell a partial story. You look at the tape to see where the stats are lying, you don't discount them completely...

Back
Top Bottom