Sanchez or Tebow? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sanchez or Tebow?

By your logic, Tim Tebow has come through for the Broncos and made plays when it counts, making him a good QB. No one outside of the most delusional would agree with that assessment. Ignoring numbers completely is disingenuous at best. YPA is an excellent barometer of how a QB is playing, for example. You can't ignore Tebow's pathetic YPA because he made a few plays with his feet at the end of a game to win a squeaker. You're taking your stance to an extreme. If you were being reasonable, you would say you should take stats with a grain of salt. Such as, higher completion % due to lots of screens and check downs, or a skewed INT stat due to tipped balls, etc. You can't just say stats don't matter at all, because they do. They tell a partial story. You look at the tape to see where the stats are lying, you don't discount them completely...

Locke...it is no use...he is more stubborn than I am..:)

Not even close. Football is about winning games and right now, Tebow is winning games and Sanchez is losing games. Nothing else to be said.

So Trent dilfer must be a first ballot hall of famer to you junc. He won a super bowl!

I have also seen all 3 of these QBs play and Mark might be superior to Stewart (who made more plays with his legs than his arm). I agree that numbers do not always tell the story, but I've watched Mark play. I see a QB that is carried in the playoffs by the D and running game. Maybe he can get better, but call him what he is right now. Not a franchise guy!

Sanchez 2 year playoff #'s are better than Kordell Stewart's, and Neil O' Donnell's playoffs careers. Impressive. :lol: I've posted Mark's playoff numbers before, and they show exactly what I saw. A QB that must have an excellent running game and D. The Jets only have 25 fewer rushing yards in the playoffs wins than they do passing yards.

Give Sanchez a few more years, and we will see what the playoff numbers look like, if they make it. :up: If the Jets can't get back to having a top 5 running game, and D, I'm willing to bet they are closer to Stewart's and O' Donnell's .

How good do you think our D is? this isn't the '85 Bears, '00 Ravens or '02 Bucs. In his rookie year the D and running game definitely carried him to the playoffs, last year he was a main reason we won 11 games as both the D and running game were much worse than '09.

It's not about rush yds or pass yds, it's about making plays and limiting mistakes and Mark has done that. You guys get too wowed by meaningless fantasy #s(except when they are good for mark then you ignore them)

By your logic, Tim Tebow has come through for the Broncos and made plays when it counts, making him a good QB. No one outside of the most delusional would agree with that assessment. Ignoring numbers completely is disingenuous at best. YPA is an excellent barometer of how a QB is playing, for example. You can't ignore Tebow's pathetic YPA because he made a few plays with his feet at the end of a game to win a squeaker. You're taking your stance to an extreme. If you were being reasonable, you would say you should take stats with a grain of salt. Such as, higher completion % due to lots of screens and check downs, or a skewed INT stat due to tipped balls, etc. You can't just say stats don't matter at all, because they do. They tell a partial story. You look at the tape to see where the stats are lying, you don't discount them completely...

Tebow has done it very briefly, if he continues this and they keep winning and make the playoffs I will say no matter what his #s look like tebow had a good year.

Stats do tell part of the story but it's not black and white from a boxscore. We can see 2 QBs in a game, one throws for 300yds and the other 150- does that automatically mean the 300 yd QB was better? No, it's about who made plays and who limited mistakes. Look at the #s in the title game last year, it would appear Mark was much better than Ben but Ben made huge plays to win the game despite having a rating in the 30s.

So Trent dilfer must be a first ballot hall of famer to you junc. He won a super bowl!

No he's not a HOfer but he's a very underrated QB, notice how many SBs the great Ravens D has won w/o him? You still need quality QB play to win.

The defense that year was an all time great defense. They have never been as good on d since then. I'd still rather have flaco than dilfer.

The defense that year was an all time great defense. They have never been as good on d since then. I'd still rather have flaco than dilfer.

Their D's were consitently great the past decade w/ the excpetion of a year here or there, if it is so easy to carry a bad QB why couldn't they win w/o Dilfer?

Flacco has been awful in January, he has held his team back unlike Sanchez. Put mark on Bal the last 2 years and Bal makes at least one SB.

Their D's were consitently great the past decade w/ the excpetion of a year here or there, if it is so easy to carry a bad QB why couldn't they win w/o Dilfer?

Flacco has been awful in January, he has held his team back unlike Sanchez. Put mark on Bal the last 2 years and Bal makes at least one SB.

This is a personal question: do you like the taste of mark's jizz?

Rather than look like a nitwit just walk away when you have no clue what you are talking about rather than dragging the board down w/ asinine posts like this.

Tebow has done it very briefly, if he continues this and they keep winning and make the playoffs I will say no matter what his #s look like tebow had a good year.

Stats do tell part of the story but it's not black and white from a boxscore. We can see 2 QBs in a game, one throws for 300yds and the other 150- does that automatically mean the 300 yd QB was better? No, it's about who made plays and who limited mistakes. Look at the #s in the title game last year, it would appear Mark was much better than Ben but Ben made huge plays to win the game despite having a rating in the 30s.

You'd be the only one who would think that about Tebow then. Outside of the Evangelical Christians who think Tebow can do no wrong, absolutely no one in the sports world thinks Tebow is having a good year, at least not passing the ball. He is setting records in passing futility, and you think there is a chance to categorize this as a good year? Seriously?

I'm surprised, this is the first time you've admitted that stats do tell part of the story. They tell more of the story than you care to admit, but at least it's a start...

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

:lol:

I didn't expect to see that this morning...

You'd be the only one who would think that about Tebow then. Outside of the Evangelical Christians who think Tebow can do no wrong, absolutely no one in the sports world thinks Tebow is having a good year, at least not passing the ball. He is setting records in passing futility, and you think there is a chance to categorize this as a good year? Seriously?

I'm surprised, this is the first time you've admitted that stats do tell part of the story. They tell more of the story than you care to admit, but at least it's a start...

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

:lol:

I didn't expect to see that this morning...

if he keeps winning games and making plays to win games we'd all have to give him credit, I don't expect that to happen but if it did he'd earn praise from me. I don't care how ugly it looks as long as you win.

I have always said stats tell part of the story but I hate when people just post black and white #s w/o context.

if he keeps winning games and making plays to win games we'd all have to give him credit, I don't expect that to happen but if it did he'd earn praise from me. I don't care how ugly it looks as long as you win.

I have always said stats tell part of the story but I hate when people just post black and white #s w/o context.

you will do anything to prop up sachez or your team. thats why people dont take your post seriously. if the stats make the jest look good you post the stats. if the stats arent in your favor you say that they dont matter.

you will do anything to prop up sachez or your team. thats why people dont take your post seriously. if the stats make the jest look good you post the stats. if the stats arent in your favor you say that they dont matter.

The people that know football on this board take my posts seriously, those that don't probably trhink you know what you are talking about.

I don't care about individual stats or rankings, I care about wins and losses.

But, but Sancheezy has won playoff games...

on the coattails of his defense and a running game. Funny now how when those both falter Dirty looks less than lackluster and even downright lost and horrible.

Back
Top Bottom