Sanchez pulled against the Cards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sanchez pulled against the Cards

Looking forward to all the insanity this causes. Should be damn amusing. Best part was he wasnt pulled for Tebow(who yes, was injured). People are going to be all over the place about what to do for the rest of the season.

The Jets benched Mark Sanchez for Greg McElroy in the third quarter of Sunday's Week 13 game against the Cardinals.
Sanchez was almost indescribably brutal, going 10-of-21 for 97 yards and three interceptions. He was picked off on 33 percent of his initial nine dropbacks and failed to move the offense thereafter. When Sanchez was pulled with roughly five minutes left in the third, the Jets had zero points. McElroy isn't the long-term answer, but it's comforting to know that the long-delusional Jets are finally seeing the light on "Sanchize": He's not an NFL starter.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/249799/mercifully-jets-bench-sanchez-for-mcelroy

Looking forward to all the insanity this causes. Should be damn amusing. Best part was he wasnt pulled for Tebow(who yes, was injured). People are going to be all over the place about what to do for the rest of the season.
I think they have to start McElroy and let him play out the season. Mark is clearly not the answer and Tebow cannot be successful long term in the NFL (IMO). Let McElroy play and see what he's got.

Can't wait till the Spin Master puts his two cents in on this. Speaking of garbage. Anyone check Gang Green to see what type of response the benching made over there?

Apparently the roar and general feeling of excitement from home fans when the switch was made were huge.

Let me guess, there's going to be talk that the Jets are still in the playoff hunt? Junc's already said as much b/c they play a "soft" schedule the rest of the year. Look out AFC!

and yet we are in 2nd place!

Mark deserved to be benched, we'll see how he responds but not to make excuses. I had the opportunity to sit dead center behind the EZ so I could see the development of every play, our receivers suck. There's just nowhere to throw the football. That doesn't absolve his poor play but he is in an impossible spot.

Mark deserved to be benched

It's taken you what, 2 years to finally realise this?

we'll see how he responds but not to make excuses.

You said "not to make excuses" .... but then you went and made excuses:

I had the opportunity to sit dead center behind the EZ so I could see the development of every play, our receivers suck. There's just nowhere to throw the football.

Sanchez is just not a good quarterback. He sucked even when he had Santonio to throw to. So, do you ...

1. Think Sanchez is done in NY?

and, if yes,

2. Whats your answer at QB?

If I were a Jets fan I'd be more than slightly pissed after you guys gave Sanchez that contract :lol:

It's taken you what, 2 years to finally realise this?

You said "not to make excuses" .... but then you went and made excuses:

Sanchez is just not a good quarterback. He sucked even when he had Santonio to throw to. So, do you ...

1. Think Sanchez is done in NY?

and, if yes,

2. Whats your answer at QB?

If I were a Jets fan I'd be more than slightly pissed after you guys gave Sanchez that contract :lol:

he didn't deserve to be benchec before yesterday.

I don't want to make excuses and ultimately he is judged on his performance regardless of circumstances but he doesn't have much help.

Back
Top Bottom