Santonio Holmes Interview on NFL.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Santonio Holmes Interview on NFL.com

VAMinnow

Scout Team
Reaction score
On the NFL site, there is an nfl network interview with santonio holmes. Some websites have us taking him at #16. This is because the faster and taller Chad Jackson is already taken before we pick. You might want to check out the video since we could be drafting him. Looking at his picture I thought he was going to be a whack case player, but he seemed pretty down to earth and laid back. He said that he isnt like most players and get offended when critizied.

I personally do not see the Dolphins drafting Holmes because of his size. He is listed at 5'11". Chris Chambers is alreday a smaller reciever, I dont see Saban taken another small reciever for the #2 spot. If the Dolphins take a reciever in the draft, look for it to be a bigger reciever. Possibly one of the Auburn guys.

VAMinnow said:
On the NFL site, there is an nfl network interview with santonio holmes. Some websites have us taking him at #16. This is because the faster and taller Chad Jackson is already taken before we pick. You might want to check out the video since we could be drafting him. Looking at his picture I thought he was going to be a whack case player, but he seemed pretty down to earth and laid back. He said that he isnt like most players and get offended when critizied.

I personally do not see the Dolphins drafting Holmes because of his size. He is listed at 5'11". Chris Chambers is alreday a smaller reciever, I dont see Saban taken another small reciever for the #2 spot. If the Dolphins take a reciever in the draft, look for it to be a bigger reciever. Possibly one of the Auburn guys.

So, if you were starting a team, you would not take Steve Smith, Lee Evans, Sanana Moss, Marvin Harrison or Chris Chambers?
Santonio has PLENTY enough size to be great.

Chad Jackson may be taller, and a TAD bit faster (if he even is faster...), but Santonio is way more polished and ready to play now. Santonio runs precise routes and gets in and out of his cuts faster than any WR in the last 5 drafts.

I know I've said this before, but I'll take the 4.5 guy who runs crisp routes over the 4.2 guy who runs sloppy routes or needs coaching.

Santonio runs great routes and he ran in the 4.3/4.4 area!!! :eek:

There's a reason Holmes is rated the top WR in this draft. It's because he is. And he's my first choice of players who will be available at 16 for the Dolphins to draft.

P.S. Thanks for the heads up about NFL.com.

DolphinDevil28 said:
So, if you were starting a team, you would not take Steve Smith, Lee Evans, Sanana Moss, Marvin Harrison or Chris Chambers?

Chad Jackson may be taller, and a TAD bit faster (if he even is faster...), but Santonio is way more polished and ready to play now. Santonio runs precise routes and gets in and out of his cuts faster than any WR in the last 5 drafts.

I know I've said this before, but I'll take the 4.5 guy who runs crisp routes over the 4.2 guy who runs sloppy routes or needs coaching.

Santonio runs great routes and he ran in the 4.3/4.4 area!!! :eek:

There's a reason Holmes is rated the top WR in this draft. It's because he is. And he's my first choice of players who will be available at 16 for the Dolphins to draft.

P.S. Thanks for the heads up about NFL.com.
All good points but Jackson can practice at getting better running routes yet Holmes can't grow 3 inches. I'll take Jackson's size and speed over Holmes every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Now, that said, I'd take Holmes in a heartbeat and be an incredably happy Phin fan if Jackson is gone.

CubanCulebra said:
All good points but Jackson can practice at getting better running routes yet Holmes can't grow 3 inches. I'll take Jackson's size and speed over Holmes every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Now, that said, I'd take Holmes in a heartbeat and be an incredably happy Phin fan if Jackson is gone.

Once again, let me know when Marvin Harrison, Lee Evans, Santana Moss and Steve Smith will grow 3 inches.

Go get a ruler. Measure 3 inches. Now, tell me. What will make more of a difference? 3 inches, or precise route running and quickness?

That's what I thought.

Yatil Green was 6'1". Larry Shannon was 6'4". Reggie Williams is 6'4". Hell, Herman Moore was 6'5".

There's way more that goes into being a great wideout than being tall.

Santonio Holmes has all of it.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Once again, let me know when Marvin Harrison, Lee Evans, Santana Moss and Steve Smith will grow 3 inches.

Go get a ruler. Measure 3 inches. Now, tell me. What will make more of a difference? 3 inches, or precise route running and quickness?

That's what I thought.

Yatil Green was 6'1". Larry Shannon was 6'4". Reggie Williams is 6'4". Hell, Herman Moore was 6'5".

There's way more that goes into being a great wideout than being tall.

Santonio Holmes has all of it.

[mod] enjoy your time off [/mod]
How tall is Jerry Rice, Lynn Swann, Michael Irvin, Andre Reed, Randy Moss, Chad Jackson, Terrel Owens? For every 5-10 reciever you name I could look up 10 above 6 feet [removed]

CubanCulebra said:
How tall is Jerry Rice, Lynn Swann, Michael Irvin, Andre Reed, Randy Moss, Chad Jackson, Terrel Owens? For every 5-10 reciever you name I could look up 10 above 6 feet [removed]

:rolleyes2

Why the attitude?

You just seem to automatically write off 5-11 wideouts. I'm glad Wanny didn't think the way you do.

If he did, we wouldn't have Chris Chambers.

DolphinDevil28 said:
:rolleyes2

Why the attitude?

You just seem to automatically write off 5-11 wideouts. I'm glad Wanny didn't think the way you do.

If he did, we wouldn't have Chris Chambers.

Well, perhaps we would've had Chad Johnson in round 1 :tongue:

i like holmes he is a better Wr and he is quicker and chad jackson averaged only 10 yards a catch at Florida

dolphindevil28 said:

I wasnt saying that I would not draft him. I even think that there is a strong possiblity that we could draft him. I was saying since we already hace one reciever that is a smaller reciever, I do not see us drafting another one. I think it is good to have a smaller speedy reciever, but you also want that big guy to play jump ball with. And I know that there will be the arguement about vertical height on jumps coming.

VAMinnow said:

..Every team needs a good quality Buckeye!:D

just to let u all know jackson measured in at 6-0 7/8 213 lbs with a 4.32 40
while jholmes was 5-10 5/8 179 lbs with a 4.34

i take holmes. hes proven more, more of a playmaker, more aggressive getting to the ball. to me chad jackson is this years alex smith. anyways all things considered size is preferable, and if they were on the same talent level id take the taller guy. but they arent, santonio has shown what he can do, jackson just has upside

Back
Top Bottom