Santonio Holmes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Santonio Holmes

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
I am torn between Santonio Holmes and Chad Jackson. I think we will end up taking a WR with the #16 pick. Skip Bayless, of Cold Pizza, said that Santonio should be the 5th guy taken in the 2006 draft. Discuss.....

16. MIAMI DOLPHINSSANTONIO HOLMES

WR | Ohio St. | Scouting Report
clear.gif
So far Nick Saban has made little secret of his desire to add a top wide receiver, bringing in both Chad Jackson and Santonio Holmes for multiple workouts. All indications are that they would prefer Jackson but with him off the board they opt for Holmes, who carries a very similar grade. Even though he isn't the biggest receiver out there or even the fastest Holmes is a big play threat who will also do all the little things such as block and run good routes. The defensive secondary is also a need for the Dolphins, namely a safety because as of now Travares Tillman and Deke Cooper are penciled in as the starters. If they do want to go that route, which is possible considering Saban is a defensive guy at heart, then Jason Allen and Donte Whitner would appear to be two strong possibilities. With Junior Seau gone and only Sedrick Hodge to take his place there is also talk that the team might be interested in adding an outside linebacker who can rush the passer and if that's the case both Kamerion Wimbley and Manny Lawson would be intriguing options at this point in round one. In the end though there is absolutely nothing in terms of depth at wideout behind Chris Chambers and Marty Booker and after making a big splash with their trade for quarterback Daunte Culpepper it only makes sense to provide him with some weapons to throw to so Holmes is the selection. Don't rule out a trade down though either because Saban wants to build through the draft and appreciates the value of additional picks so he might want to makes some moves to accumulate a few extra, especially considering that after this they don't choose again until late round three thanks to their deal with the Vikes.

I think Saban will either go with a WR or OLB, so he can definately get at least one impact player for next year. Since Saban can work his little magic with lesser talent with DB's, I see him going WR or OLB.

So I see Nick taking either:

Chad Jackson
Santonio Holmes
Manny Lawson

I'd be happy with any one of those guys and I think one of them will make a positive impact on the team next year.

My picks would be in this order

1. Santonio Holmes
2. Manny Lawson
3. Chad Jackson

Santonio is alot more polished than Chad Jackson and Manny is just an absolute freakish athlete.

Back
Top Bottom