say it ain't so, Danny?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tannchise, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Tannchise

Tannchise A True Fan

WSVN just reported that in the NY Post, Marino admitted to a love affair with a baby. With all the scandals in sports, I hate to say that I'm not shocked. I guess I am becoming numb. Marino was my idol, still is. I hope his family stick it through

2. nate

nate Scout Team

the man likes to score

3. rickd13

rickd13 Scout Team

Marino had an affair with a baby? Wouldn't that make him a pedophile?

4. kitt23

kitt23 Starter

5. Danny68

Danny68 Dolphins on 3! Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

He's still and will ALWAYS be my hero..

6. jerry denny

jerry denny Active Member

just goes to show you , when we put people on a pedestal , some can handle it, and some forget their obligations to their Family and do stupid things. So do we pat him on the back and say that ok for you to cheat , Lie to his Family. Just as other future men that are going in the Hall, , Drug Use, Dog Killing , Rape, Murder cover up, < lets not forget we are all Human. we Do Make mistakes. I hope he can keep his Family , but I am Disappointed in him.

7. Steveo 90

Steveo 90 Pro Bowler

not approving of what he did but before we move forward in out thoughts lets not forget we do not know anything of his home life and relationship with his wife

8. Robonious

Robonious Active Member

this happened seven years ago,and apparantly his wife knew about it and stayed with him. No news here.....other than the new york post trying to embarass him.

9. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan

Why are affairs still shocking to people? Hell, I'm more shocked when I see a couple manage to stay together and faithful for 40 years..... It would be wrong not to be dissappointed in Dan, but he's only human.

10. Bopkin02

Bopkin02 Seasoned Veteran

What always baffles me about these things, celebrities and their love-children, is that Marino has a mountain of money, this woman had a job, they're educated, probably worldly, they each can't afford or be bothered to concern themselves with obtaining proper birth control? Speaking from ONLY a PRACTICAL point of view, if you were going to enter into an affair, when you're a public figure, wouldn't you think to take every precaution to protect yourself, your money, and your reputation? If there's no child involved, this is a heresay incident and no one would ever know about it. I can't imagine the pressure of being a celebrity, good-looking guy like Marino, famous athlete, I'm sure he gets tempted more often than we can imagine. I don't judge someone like that too harshly about an indiscretion because I can't relate to his life, though I do understand the act of drawing a line regarding absolutes as far as this goes, but as I said, from just a common sense point of view, I'm stunned at the inability to protect themselves.

11. nate

nate Scout Team

what i want to know is do the kid have an arm

12. Robonious

Robonious Active Member

Truthfully, she probably saw a lottery ticket.And cashed in........

13. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

I wonder if that little bastard can play football like his ol' man!

14. fish_fan

fish_fan Rookie

The matter is between him and his family. Doesn't affect me or my outlook on him at all.

15. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

The kid is a girl.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

This is sad to hear, it just shows no matter what the reputation unless you actually know these guys you really don't know them. Dan had a great reputation and this soils it. I hated facing him but I admired everything about marino on and off the filed, now it's just on the field.

17. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

I know Marino is revered around here as a messianic legend, but the man is an ahole. I have heard several stories of fans and other people meeting him and being treated like trash by him.

To have an affair that results in a love child and cover it up is a scumbag move. Especially considering the family he has, and the struggles he and his wife had with an autistic child. This is a major betrayal to highly supportive wife.

18. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

It would be more scumbag if his wife didn't know about it. The fact that his him and his wife decided to work through their marital issues inspite of this "love child" tells me Dan isn't above the everyday problems normal people face in the game of life and marriage. Doesn't make it right, but I guess it gives people on message boards, the news and the water cooler something to talk about. Fact is, this happens every day to a lot of people. I have also heard he can be a real jerk . . . but that isn't the issue here and I don't know the man personally so I can't comment on that.

19. SkapePhin

There is also the issue of the little girl. Its good that she is being supported financially, but it seems like her father (Marino) is not in her life at all.

I wish guys would think with the right head, because ****-thinking leaves a lot of hurting people out there in the world.

20. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

It can't be said any better than this.

21. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

Of course I was shocked when I heard it, but honestly, it changes nothing for me. He was my one and only sports hero and that's not going to change because neither my childhood or my memories have been changed. If his wife has forgiven him then far be it from me to hold this against him. I couldn't care less.

I do echo the sentiment that Dan should be a lot more careful re. birth control. A vasectomy wouldn't have been a bad idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
  22. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Disappointing to hear this. He will always be a great football player but off the field this is just messed up.

23. phinschamp45

phinschamp45 Well-Known Member

Nothing new........................... not like we all didnt do it....But used protection. Danny just thought he could pull out the car out the garage in time.................Dam danny whats the matter with you.....................You should be a player........you should be used to these things.

24. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Did he have a son with this chick? If so, maybe in a few years we can field a team of all bastard children starting with Ahnuld's kid and now this one. 3 to go to start an NBA team!

25. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

It always amazes me to think about what kids like this will face in their lives as they get older. Dan Marino is one of the most famous QBs in the history of the league so imagine what this kid will go through. "Who's your dad?" "Uh, Dan Marino".

:snack:

26. 13Dolfan87

13Dolfan87 Scout Team Donator

That's a bad job out of him. You just never know what goes on off the field with these guys.

27. phinman1

phinman1 Seriously now

Well guys, we all know men have an incredible urge to f***, and when you're a celebrity and its thrown in your face constantly, what are you gonna do? Society needs to be way more understanding of the male sex drive. They are in other countries, but America still has the ridiculous Puritan strain.

28. SkapePhin

Hey, if a guy wants to eff everything under the sun, more power to them. But if you are going to get married and claim to be devoted to your wife and the mother of your children, then play by the rules and resist your urges. You know, it is possible not to ACT on these urges. To pull a cliche, you can't have your cake and eat it too, unless this is a mutual understanding.

But seriously, if you want to go be a man and bang random women all over, be single. Otherwise, it's a betrayal of trust that affects the whole family, not just the spouse. I think that's what gets me most, how this kind of thing can destroy the family structure and seriously impair their children's lives.

29. phinman1

phinman1 Seriously now

Well, I don't think he "banged random women all over". Look I see your point. I just don't think this means Dan has bad character, and it shouldn't tarnish his rep, although it will. Guys just aren't meant to be w one woman his whole life, it's unnatural.

If you were a big time celebrity, and a good family man, but had women throwing themselves at you left and right, you sayin you wouldn't slip? It happens. It should also be noted that Dan took care of the woman and child, as he should. He's a good man who simply wanted a piece of strange. Doesn't mean he is of low character. But for the simpletons in America, the media has to put everything as black or white. No in between. I wouldn't even be surprised if CBS fired him.

30. JCane

LOL @ Rationalizing cheating on your wife of 20+ years and his selfishness.

If Marino had an incredible urge to ****, then he should go **** his wife.

This is nothing more than a man being a dog.

31. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

It's disilllusioning and will forever cast a cloud over Dan's post playing career.

However it's not like he was a hands-off or deadbeat dad who banged out 10 or so illegitimate kids with multiple women and needed his team to pay $1/2million just to bring his child support payments up to date. Regardless, while there's no way to put a positive spin on this, it still doesn't diminish the fact that of anyone every playing his position he's undoubtedly one of the GOATs.

32. SkapePhin

I'm sorry, but it's hard to spin this one as "not a character flaw". Having unprotected sex with a strange woman then coming home and making love with your wife like nothing happened? Is he not concerned that he might be passing on some diseases to his innocent wife? You think she signed up for that? We know he was having unprotected sex because there was a baby born out of it. Scumbag move any way you shake it.

33. phinman1

phinman1 Seriously now

LOL at you buying the bs society tells you to believe. Bang one woman for 20 years? Sorry, but that gets boring after a while. Though everyone tells you that's the way it has to be.

A man can't f### just to f###? Doesn't mean he doesn't love his wife or family.

I will say that him having unprotected sex was stupid.

34. WesternNYDolfan

WesternNYDolfan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Good for him

Most Kings have several wives

35. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

:bobdole:

36. JCane

If you don't want to bang one woman for 20 years then don't marry one woman.

This isn't rocket appliances.

Do you want to bang one woman for 20 years?

Yes — Get married.

No — Stay single and freely bang all the women you want.

Anyone heard of Derek Jeter? That dude does it right.

37. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

And there's no defending Marino's behavior, anyone who says it's okay to cheat on your wife I feel badly for. But it is what it is and according to that article Marino has not abandoned that child, he takes care of her. So what ever, it's his business, his issues, no one here should care about it.

38. phinman1

phinman1 Seriously now

Look, you're not wrong in what you say.

The gist of what I am saying is this: Any guy who is in Dan's position can slip. It's human, and doesn't mean he is a "scumbag".

He has done more good for people than you or I ever will.

39. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Apalled and aghast Donator

​So he's human. Lots of people have made the same mistake. Kind of dumb to not use protection in that situation. Personally, it would be hard for me to father a child and then not be involved in the child's life, but then I am not in DM's situation, either.

40. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

Well she had to know with Marino, times would be great, but she would never get a ring.