say it ain't so, Danny? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

say it ain't so, Danny?

I didn't say he's a scumbag. Of course people slip. Of course he's human.

But you gotta be better than that when you have a family that you can affect. Now there's a little girl in this world that he's financially responsible for, but not sure if he'll be the father she needs.

Not buying this, "We kept it private to protect all parties involved." He kept it private to cover his ass. More selfish acts. What about the little girl? You want to slay other women behind your families back then so be it. But be prepared to accept the responsibilities that may come with that.

Dog, scumbag? What is the diff?

Yeah, he kept it private to cover his a**, bc he knew that there was a chance he could lose his livelihood over this. Which is ridiculous, but that's how society is in this country. No understanding of the male condition.

Yeah, he kept it private to cover his a**, bc he knew that there was a chance he could lose his livelihood over this. Which is ridiculous, but that's how society is in this country. No understanding of the male condition.

I don't understand why you are so content to have humanity wallow in their base instincts. Humans, especially males, are prone to absurd bouts of violence. These traits, although considered negative in a modern civilized society actually served a purpose in the evolutionary history of mankind, but as the species has progressed, it has become a detriment to the fitness and survival of the species. Should we continue to be content being cavemen because "that's just the way it is"? Or should we strive to break from the limitations of our ancestral genetics and become something greater than the sum of our parts?

This world is being ravaged by the effects of a caveman mentality in a modern world. I don't think we should be content to let it remain that way.

I am shocked. Hopefully the girl in question wasn't a skank waitress, hotel cleaning girl, or prostitute. That would look even worse for him.

For me, it's not even that I give my childhood hero a pass, not in the very least, but this isn't something he wrote the book on. It's immoral and wrong no matter what, and it is definitely disappointing to think about, but what he did off the field wasn't a concern of mine was I was 7, and it isn't a concern of mine now.

Dog in the sense that every man has a dog in him.

Just like you said every man has the urge to ****. That's the dog in him.

He should have followed the example of Pastor Ray Lewis. Oh wait, he's got six kids with four women and married to none of them.

True. They all get publicity eventually. With the media, there is no privacy.
While I was in indianpolis on vacation last year, I was told that the rumor is that the Peyton Manning regularly scored around town.

I am shocked. Hopefully the girl in question wasn't a skank waitress, hotel cleaning girl, or prostitute. That would look even worse for him.
​Interesting that you lump waitresses and prostitutes together. People have to make a living.

There is also the issue of the little girl. Its good that she is being supported financially, but it seems like her father (Marino) is not in her life at all.

I wish guys would think with the right head, because dick-thinking leaves a lot of hurting people out there in the world.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions. Just because you & I didn't know he had another child by another woman doesn't mean it's a scumbag move. It's a private matter. I'm sure there are things in your life that are personal & no one or no one outside your family knows about. By the sounds of all the articles out there it looks like the lady saw a $10-20 million lottery ticket & cashed in.

My problem with these situations, as shallow as this sounds, is that these women never seem to be that hot. I mean, the bizzy that tore down John Edwards was at best 6-10. Marino's mistress might be a 6.5 out 10. So when you see these mediocre broads score these married celebrities, it definitely seems as if these were real love relationships. Marino must've really liked this woman as a person first and piece-of-ass second, IMO. This was an affair of the heart and I think that he gave her his seed as a gift. I'm also surprised at how similar to Claire in appearance she is as well as being a downgrade from Claire. Claire was freakin' hot back in the day, even with the bad 'mom-hair'.
Also keep in mind that Marino is pretty old-school Catholic, so I'm not that surprised that he brought a child into the world. We definitely know that abortion was never a possibility.

The man lived in NY much of the football season, and his family probably lived in Miami. His kids are just about grown up, even 10 years ago I think Daniel was at least 18. Marino just met someone at work and sparks flew and so did bodily fluids. I'm not disappointed and if you're judging this you're a douche.

I don't understand why you are so content to have humanity wallow in their base instincts. Humans, especially males, are prone to absurd bouts of violence. These traits, although considered negative in a modern civilized society actually served a purpose in the evolutionary history of mankind, but as the species has progressed, it has become a detriment to the fitness and survival of the species. Should we continue to be content being cavemen because "that's just the way it is"? Or should we strive to break from the limitations of our ancestral genetics and become something greater than the sum of our parts?

This world is being ravaged by the effects of a caveman mentality in a modern world. I don't think we should be content to let it remain that way.

Agree largely w your premise.

But we are talking about f****** here, not waging war or engaging in violent acts. Don't think you can lump them together as you seemingly did.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions. Just because you & I didn't know he had another child by another woman doesn't mean it's a scumbag move. It's a private matter. I'm sure there are things in your life that are personal & no one or no one outside your family knows about. By the sounds of all the articles out there it looks like the lady saw a $10-20 million lottery ticket & cashed in.

No doubt I have made many mistakes in my life, and yes, many involved the dick-thinking variety. However, I hope to think that I have learned from those situations that occurred in my youth, when I was not responsible for the lives of other people that I have brought into this world. I would hope that by the time I am in my late 40s with 6 children and a wife I have been married to for more than 2 decades, that I would have gotten past the phase of making such mistakes, especially when there is much more on the line than just one's reputation.

Listen, it is definitely good that he is financially supporting this girl, but I think we can safely assume that he does not have a complete "father" relationship with this girl if he has had to cover it up for 6 years and he has his own family to deal with. I come from a situation where my dad wasn't a major part of my life growing up, and trust me, it has an impact.

I wonder if the sports media will defend him like they have defended Ray the murderer Lewis, and Tom " Knock woman up, dump her for super model" Brady

Back
Top Bottom