SBNation mock with interesting trade down scneario | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SBNation mock with interesting trade down scneario

roy_miami

2020 cant get here soon enough
Reaction score
SBNation mock with interesting trade down scenario

They have Bortles as the only QB off the board before our pick which should generate a lot of trade opportunities for us and in their mock they have Cleveland trading 26 and 35 to us to take Manziel (maybe we should just take Manziel?)

they have us selecting:

TRADE 26. Miami Dolphins - Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA
TRADE 35. Miami Dolphins - Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State
50. Miami Dolphins - Joel Bitonio, OT/G, Nevada

Personally I would prefer to go with Marqise Lee and Morgan Moses at 26 and 35 if the draft plays out as they suggest but their picks aren't bad either. Lewan and Martin are still on the board when we take Su'a-Filo btw.

I like the trade down idea, not the players selected...especially with those 2 tackles still there!

Saw this today, definitely interesting. If I'm picking:
26. Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio St.
35. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi (or ASJ, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Niklas, Moses)
50. Joel Bitonio, OL, Nevada

Saw this today, definitely interesting. If I'm picking:
26. Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio St.
35. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi (or ASJ, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Niklas, Moses)
50. Joel Bitonio, OL, Nevada

If Shazier is on the board at 19, I'm not betting that he'll be there at 26, so I'm staying put and drafting him, but . . . that'd be pretty sweet.

Love the trade scenario and the first pick of XSF but not the other 2 selections.

In fact if there were takers and the value was there to pick up more slots in the 2nd and 3rd I'd trade down again from 26. Come out of both trades with 3x2's and 2x3's would give Hickey an opportunity to develop a good nucleus for the future and with the talent level this year there's going to be some real good football players in rounds 2 and 3.

As for Shazier - I know J - you've been on that bandwagon for a while now and I do like it, have watched more tape on him since your comments and he's certainly a talent, but I don't see them going away from the trio of Misi/Ellerbe/Wheeler for at least this year. So I doubt they pull a Dion Jordan selecting Shazier for him to share reps. Ideally what I'd like to see them do if they went Shazier is have him at WILL, Misi at MIKE and Jordan at SAM. But we'd need to get better run defence from the front 4 to help protect the backers for at least this year.

following on from my previous post, if it was those three picks, I'd go with.

26. XSF as previously noted
35. Austin Sefarian-Jenkins at TE
50. Martavis Bryant - WR - like Hoops, I wouldn't be keen on Adams.

Personally don't think Bitonio is there at 50. Wouldn't mind the first two picks though.

I don't think Bitonio will be there at #50 and actually think he could sneak into round one. No way is Cleveland giving up the 35th pick with the 26th to move up 7 spots. I know the draft value chart is dated but that's not even close. They would probably offer a third round pick with the 26th but I highly doubt the 35th pick and the 26th.

I would be bouncing off the wall to get 26 & 35! Way more value than should happen. In reality, if Cleveland wants # 19 it should only take #26 & #71.

at 35....Moncrief or Robinson

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

at 26 I would rather go Lee or Cooks if they were still available and Moses. Sua Filo at 35

Back
Top Bottom