Schad: Boston injury | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schad: Boston injury

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
A couple of interesting quotes found in this one.

First report:
"You don't walk on a ruptured tendon," Charles Poliquin, Boston's personal trainer said by phone as tests were being conducted. "I'd guess he's out a week."

Family reaction:
In Texas, not far from where Boston rested Friday night, Byron Boston Jr., David's brother, was working when he took the call. Informed his brother's season was over, Byron Jr. cried. There was two minutes of silence. And then this:

"I can't talk right now," he said. "I'm so sorry."

Derrius Thompson:
"That's crazy," Thompson said when told that Boston won't play this season. "This whole thing is crazy."

Boston's best friend:
Told the news Friday night, Daryl Perkins, Boston's best friend was stunned.

"He was so excited," Perkins said. "He's a strong guy, but I'm worried for him."

Unusually pessimistic BLOG from Schad today....

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/custom/blogs/Dolphins/

thats the worst report he has written yet, where do you got all these quotes from, i can´t find them in the article

but your post is great ZOD :up:

I have not been one to defend the Dolphins FO, especially Wanny, but blaming them because of Ricky and Boston's injury seems a bit stupid. We all knew Ricky was a head case but who wasn't absolutely stunned that he retired? Also, ANYBODY can tear a tendon in their knee at ANY time on the football field! You just pray like hell that it is someone that you have a good backup for. If Surtain tore up his knee would this Bozo be lynching Spielman for that? I agree that coaches, GM's, etc. need to have foresight but a frigging crystal ball is absurd! Every FO takes chances, the "geniuses" are the one's whos gambles pay off or at least break even.

I disagree with Schad.

RW - A gamble yes. A lost gamble - maybe not. We got one very good year and one good year out of him. We could recover some $$$ and sraft picks if we can trade him to Oakland.

DB - A good move. We gave up JF who would have not made the team even healthy, for a starting caliber receiver. A gamble? I don't think so. Any player can get hurt.

you can blame the FO for the lack of depth in offence that's for sure even now who else will olay left tackle should something bad happen.
Years of neglect have come to roost.
The offence looks like an expansion teams offence and by getting Ricky we lost two first round draft choices.
Ricky's carried the team for two years and during that time Wanny built depth on defence.
Who would you rather have now one of the receivers available last year or Moore.
It took 4 years to get to this point,it is poor management.

Back
Top Bottom