schedule for next year can lead to alosing year again. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

schedule for next year can lead to alosing year again.

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
guys now that the season is over, dont get upset but next year can be a BRUTAL year and a losing year as well.

almost evreyone we are playing has a top 10 defense and a very good offense. If we dont improve our offensive line, our passing game espeically with Henne coming in hopefully we are in for another balt time of loss but for the year.

u are talking about texans, pitts, colts, pats with brady, jags, panthers, tampa etc. thats a disaster waiting to happen. So now that we enjoyed a good fun year i hope it didnt end this year cuz next year w/out much talent upgrade we are doomed so to say.

I'll worry about all that next season. Now's the time to take a step back and enjoy life outside of football

very good point

but it is hard to predict who will be good next year

your point is taken though, we will be younger in some respects, our team will be more talented and yet don't be suprised if we win as few as 7 games

a year like this can make us forget what a process it is

guys now that the season is over, dont get upset but next year can be a BRUTAL year and a losing year as well.

almost evreyone we are playing has a top 10 defense and a very good offense. If we dont improve our offensive line, our passing game espeically with Henne coming in hopefully we are in for another balt time of loss but for the year.

u are talking about texans, pitts, colts, pats with brady, jags, panthers, tampa etc. thats a disaster waiting to happen. So now that we enjoyed a good fun year i hope it didnt end this year cuz next year w/out much talent upgrade we are doomed so to say.

You do realize Parcells, Ireland and Sparano are still here right? There isn't a chance we don't improve our offensive line.

Also I think we all need to realize something. Coming into this season most of us looked at the schedule and chalked up a loss for both the Pats and Chargers game. That wasn't the case, proving anything can happen any year.

Miami will be better then they were this season. I really believe it.

I have no doubt in my mind we will be a better team next year . . . whether that means a better record or farther in the playoffs . . . we will see. But we WILL get better talent wise and as a football team . . . . and that is guaranteed.

very good point

but it is hard to predict who will be good next year

your point is taken though, we will be younger in some respects, our team will be more talented and yet don't be suprised if we win as few as 7 games

a year like this can make us forget what a process it is

True. We don't know anything about how those teams will play against us next year. One year ago, I didn't think we had a snowball's chance of beating Denver, San Diego, NE (in NE), etc. etc. Some of the teams on our schedule will be just as tough as they are now... or tougher, but some of them will backslide. It's inevitable, and happens every year. Let's just hope we're not one of those teams.

"Sometimes the <insert dangerous animal> is more afraid of you than you are of it."

Those folks are all looking at us and thinking "crap, that game woulda been a gimme a year ago, now the Dolphins are pretty good".

As I've mentioned in the other threads, there are simply way too many variables that could impact that strength of schedule next year (injuries, free agency, draft, ascending players, players in decline, etc...)

For all we know, the 2009 schedule could end up being softer than the 2008 version.

Yeah it looks tough now, but things could happen to those teams we play next season.

I lol @ you for thinking Pennington won't start next year.

As I've mentioned in the other threads, there are simply way too many variables that could impact that strength of schedule next year (injuries, free agency, draft, ascending players, players in decline, etc...)

For all we know, the 2009 schedule could end up being softer than the 2008 version.

Yep

Steve Smith gets hurt
Matt Ryan regresses
Tampa can't get over losing Kiffin
Saints continue underachieving
Colts still have injuries
Jags dont improve

I mean this is very true . . . because this schedule looked difficult at first . . . . everybody knew Arizona would be tuff . . . . but hell we all thought St. Louis, San Fran and Seattle would be tuff games.

Denver and San Diego

The only real gimme on the schedule we thought was maybe @ KC . . . but that looked to be one of our tougher games as the season went on.

Anything is possible.

Teams go up and down. Nobody knows how good someone's going to be. Everyone penciled us in as a win this year, and 11 times those teams were wrong.

Way too early to start thinking that way. Yes we have what looks like a more difficult schedule. And yes being in first place in the AFC East will also get us the First place scheduling, but we have no idea on how any team looks. First there is no guarantee Brady will be back with the Pats. We don't know what free agency will bring, we don't know about the draft.

After we lick our wounds from today, we can sit back and enjoy this season a little bit. Nobody thought we would come this far. Another year of Sparano, another year of Ireland turning over rocks, Donald Thomas comes back healthy, Ginn keeps improving. Another draft, another round of Free agency. What we did this year is take the first step to winning a Super Bowl. It does not happen overnight - we are building a winner. We have the blueprint in place, we have the FO in place, and we have the coaching staff in place - Way too early to start talking about a losing season.

I think our team will be better next year but since our schedule will be so much tougher i do not see us having as good of a record. I feel we'll be anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. We could do better though, way to early to tell.

Back
Top Bottom