schedule for next year can lead to alosing year again.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SR 7, Jan 4, 2009.

1. SR 7

SR 7 Banned Hammered

guys now that the season is over, dont get upset but next year can be a BRUTAL year and a losing year as well.

almost evreyone we are playing has a top 10 defense and a very good offense. If we dont improve our offensive line, our passing game espeically with Henne coming in hopefully we are in for another balt time of loss but for the year.

u are talking about texans, pitts, colts, pats with brady, jags, panthers, tampa etc. thats a disaster waiting to happen. So now that we enjoyed a good fun year i hope it didnt end this year cuz next year w/out much talent upgrade we are doomed so to say.

2. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

I'll worry about all that next season. Now's the time to take a step back and enjoy life outside of football

3. lbmclean_sj

lbmclean_sj Banned Hammered

very good point

but it is hard to predict who will be good next year

your point is taken though, we will be younger in some respects, our team will be more talented and yet don't be suprised if we win as few as 7 games

a year like this can make us forget what a process it is

4. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

You do realize Parcells, Ireland and Sparano are still here right? There isn't a chance we don't improve our offensive line.

Also I think we all need to realize something. Coming into this season most of us looked at the schedule and chalked up a loss for both the Pats and Chargers game. That wasn't the case, proving anything can happen any year.

Miami will be better then they were this season. I really believe it.

5. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

I have no doubt in my mind we will be a better team next year . . . whether that means a better record or farther in the playoffs . . . we will see. But we WILL get better talent wise and as a football team . . . . and that is guaranteed.

6. Myles Fynch

Myles Fynch durka durka

True. We don't know anything about how those teams will play against us next year. One year ago, I didn't think we had a snowball's chance of beating Denver, San Diego, NE (in NE), etc. etc. Some of the teams on our schedule will be just as tough as they are now... or tougher, but some of them will backslide. It's inevitable, and happens every year. Let's just hope we're not one of those teams.

7. Longshot

Longshot FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

"Sometimes the <insert dangerous animal> is more afraid of you than you are of it."

Those folks are all looking at us and thinking "crap, that game woulda been a gimme a year ago, now the Dolphins are pretty good".

8. hugoguzman

hugoguzman FinHeaven VIP

As I've mentioned in the other threads, there are simply way too many variables that could impact that strength of schedule next year (injuries, free agency, draft, ascending players, players in decline, etc...)

For all we know, the 2009 schedule could end up being softer than the 2008 version.

9. Dors156

Dors156 He's Backkkkk

Yeah it looks tough now, but things could happen to those teams we play next season.

10. CaSh

CaSh Nothing bigga than the B

I lol @ you for thinking Pennington won't start next year.

11. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Yep

Steve Smith gets hurt
    Matt Ryan regresses
    Tampa can't get over losing Kiffin
    Saints continue underachieving
    Colts still have injuries
    Jags dont improve

I mean this is very true . . . because this schedule looked difficult at first . . . . everybody knew Arizona would be tuff . . . . but hell we all thought St. Louis, San Fran and Seattle would be tuff games.

Denver and San Diego

The only real gimme on the schedule we thought was maybe @ KC . . . but that looked to be one of our tougher games as the season went on.

Anything is possible.

12. Kdawg954

Not crazy to think that . . . . BP/Ireland loves Henne . . . .that QB spot is an open competition.

13. TarHeelFinFan

TarHeelFinFan Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire

Teams go up and down. Nobody knows how good someone's going to be. Everyone penciled us in as a win this year, and 11 times those teams were wrong.

14. SnakeoilSeller

SnakeoilSeller Scout Team

Way too early to start thinking that way. Yes we have what looks like a more difficult schedule. And yes being in first place in the AFC East will also get us the First place scheduling, but we have no idea on how any team looks. First there is no guarantee Brady will be back with the Pats. We don't know what free agency will bring, we don't know about the draft.

After we lick our wounds from today, we can sit back and enjoy this season a little bit. Nobody thought we would come this far. Another year of Sparano, another year of Ireland turning over rocks, Donald Thomas comes back healthy, Ginn keeps improving. Another draft, another round of Free agency. What we did this year is take the first step to winning a Super Bowl. It does not happen overnight - we are building a winner. We have the blueprint in place, we have the FO in place, and we have the coaching staff in place - Way too early to start talking about a losing season.

15. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife F-A-L

I think our team will be better next year but since our schedule will be so much tougher i do not see us having as good of a record. I feel we'll be anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. We could do better though, way to early to tell.

16. cornell

cornell Starter

You never know how tough the schedule will be.. and how good the teams we play will be year to year... look at us... 1-15 to 11-5....... cleaveland 10-6 to 4-12 .... Jacksonville 11-5 to 5-11.... Dallas 13-3 to 9-7.....Green Bay 13-3 to 6-10 .... Detroit 7-9 to 0-16..... Seattle 10-6 to 4-12.... so this years other playoff teams could be a lot worse and those tough games may not be tough.. and those "easy" games may be not so easy... that's why we play the games.

17. zach8111

zach8111 Pro Bowler

yes we are facing some good teams (and they are good almost every year) and there are some teams that are usually good and are losing some key guys (colts-possibly tony dungy, TB-Kiffin...)it is hard to guess who will be good and healthy when we play them but this is "on paper" a tough schedule.

it will help us facing buff and jets twice a year before they are done (jets in cap problems now after signing all these underacheving old guys, and buff just not acheiving any more)

18. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

You have no idea how those teams will be next year.

19. Shogun Samurai

Shogun Samurai WildPATOffense

IMO we overachieved this year and that will only set us up for disapointment if we have high expectations. I think this off-season is very important and we need to bring in some solid players in order to continue to be successful.

We need to definitely upgrade our WR's and get some explosive players on defense

20. juniorseau55

juniorseau55 The Finheaven Intimidator

Good point my friend kdawg. This year we did not have the most talented team out there and we managed to get some wins. I just hope that Wilford comes to play for us next season and we can also search for studs through free agency.

21. Dolphins7273

Dolphins7273 Banned Hammered

They MIGHT have a worse record next year, tomorrow I MIGHT die, and the world MIGHT end this week.You don't know what's gonna happen and whatever happens, happens...

22. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Seasoned Veteran

You never know what a schedule brings ... just look at how our division played out during the year.

You have to assume that the PHINS will get better during the offseason - with a draft and some FA signings .... it gets harder now though, as we have specific areas of need - and answers are not always available (such as being stuck with Roth as an OLB). Specialty shopping is always harder than filling a bare cupboard.