Schedule Makers had it in for the Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schedule Makers had it in for the Fins

WesternNYDolfan

Club Member
Reaction score
Not only have we played the Steelers, Jets, Pats, GB, Minny, and Cinncy, as well as preparing to play Baltimore and Tennessee

But, we played Cincy coming off of their bye, will play Baltimore coming off of their bye, and will play Tennessee coming off a bye....is it just me or does that 3 games in a row vs. teams coming off of byes seem a bit unfair?

I doubt the schedule makers care whether the Dolphins win or lose.

Really I only think the bye week thing matters when your facing great x and o's coaches like Belecheat and Rex Ryan..

Fisher and Harbaugh are not that..

They are just great motivators..

I could see a few trick type plays on special teams from Harbaugh tho.

that is a little bit unfair, but honestly coming off a bye does not mean ****. if anything they teams can be a little less focused since they had a week off and maybe were not as focused.

we are playing real good football, and riding momentum. a bye can mean a team comes out real strong, or they can come out real rusty. look at the jets this past week, 2 weeks off at home vs a banged up team to prepare, and get shutout.

coming off a bye does not guarentee anything.

The bye can help or hurt, it clearly didn't help us last week.

I think too much emphasis is placed on a bye. It could be a good thing in terms of getting healthy, but the downside can be rust. It is tough to simulate the speed of the actual game in practice. It can also slow teams momentum that are coming off a couple/few wins.

Didn't Cincy lose to the Falcons the week before us?

yes. the 2 teams we play coming off a bye r the ravens, and the titans next week. u can argue that the minn game was like a minny bye for them since they had 10 days to prepare playing the opening thursday night game of the season.

Really I only think the bye week thing matters when your facing great x and o's coaches like Belecheat and Rex Ryan..

Fisher and Harbaugh are not that..

They are just great motivators..

I could see a few trick type plays on special teams from Harbaugh tho.

Rex lost to Greenbay off his byesexual week

All I know is that this has to be the most brutal schedule in history for a team that finished in 3rd place the previous year.

The good thing about it is the young bucks are learning how to go through the wars early on. Will definitely add some seasoning, and they won't be intimidated. Probably a good thing in the long run.

All I know is that this has to be the most brutal schedule in history for a team that finished in 3rd place the previous year.

The good thing about it is the young bucks are learning how to go through the wars early on. Will definitely add some seasoning, and they won't be intimidated. Probably a good thing in the long run.

All 4 teams in a given division play almost identical schedules as far as the teams they are playing. There are only 2 games based on where a team finsihsed the year before.

This year the AFC East plays:

6 div games
4 games against AFC North
4 games against NFC North
2 games based on previous years finish against teams that finished in same spot in AFC West and AFC South. For us we play Denver and Houston who both finished 2nd in their divs last year, for you guys you face Ten and Oak who finished in 3rd in their divisions a year ago.

All 4 teams in a given division play almost identical schedules as far as the teams they are playing. There are only 2 games based on where a team finsihsed the year before.

This year the AFC East plays:

6 div games
4 games against AFC North
4 games against NFC North
2 games based on previous years finish against teams that finished in same spot in AFC West and AFC South. For us we play Denver and Houston who both finished 2nd in their divs last year, for you guys you face Ten and Oak who finished in 3rd in their divisions a year ago.

Yea but we played at Minny, and at Green Bay, Jets got both teams in NY, Pats got minny at home....we play at Baltimore and at Cincy

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

The NFL obviously wants to keep us down!! :)

this could be more true than I'd like to think....see Fumblegate 2 weeks ago

Back
Top Bottom