Schefter: Ross personally called Bengals about Carson Palmer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Ross personally called Bengals about Carson Palmer

Casas9425

Club Member
Reaction score
Adam Schefter just said on ESPN that the Dolphins have tried multiple times to trade for Carson Palmer and that most of those phone calls were made by Steve Ross himself who was unwilling to trade a first round pick. It seems like Ross is our new GM...

I can appreciate his effort. at least his is not sitting on his ***.

however, I think we're better having not landed carson palmer.

:bobdole:

Just when i think Ross "gets it".......

The report said that a handful of teams were interested in Palmer post-lockout.

In terms of the Fins, the Bengals made another attempt to ship him to Ross, but the price was too steep.

It is pretty obvious the Fins are going to be aggressive in the coming offseason. I do not know if it will work, but...

Ross is letting Tony tank the season (so far) = good call.

Not giving up a first for Palmer = good call.

Everything else . . . well, it's not looking great.

We'll see how he does with the new HC hire.

I like Ross' involvement because it signals his distrust for Jeff Ireland. First Orton and now Palmer. Both the Broncos and Bengals wanted to much and we are much better off with Ross' decision.

lets also remember we didn't cave to denver's ridiculous requests and ortons astronomical contract demands. no team owner wants his team to lose, but he certainly isn't going to take any drastic measures in season to resurrect us to another dismal 6-10 season. reggie bush was a risk and it wasn't the greatest decisions, however, if our multi-million dollar offensive lined played like a million dollar line, henne would still be in there, daniel thomas would take the load, reggie would get his touches in space and we may actually have a winning record. everyone likes to blame the defense, but if i was busted my a$$ for an offense as crappy as ours, i'd certainly play with a lot less intensity.

In this case, not getting it was better.

Oh, i completely agree. That being said, i dont like hearing that our owner tried multiple attempts at landing a 32 year old quarterback with major injury history coming off a 20 interception season. We've been down that path before, didnt end to well.

I guess I will be the only one to say it.. Carson Palmer would be an upgrade over Henne and Moore and would allow Devlin the time needed to mature..

Back
Top Bottom