Schefter: Ross personally called Bengals about Carson Palmer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Ross personally called Bengals about Carson Palmer

Pretty sure these calls were placed during the summer before the season even started. It is not news that the Dolphins first choice at QB this summer was Palmer, with Orton the second choice. It was probably something like Mike Brown not moving on his desire not to trade Palmer. So the Dolphins think maybe if there is an owner to owner talk, something could move forward. Sounds like the Bengals called last week but the Dolphins pretty much laughed and hung up.

Pretty sure these calls were placed during the summer before the season even started. It is not news that the Dolphins first choice at QB this summer was Palmer, with Orton the second choice. It was probably something like Mike Brown not moving on his desire not to trade Palmer. So the Dolphins think maybe if there is an owner to owner talk, something could move forward. Sounds like the Bengals called last week but the Dolphins pretty much laughed and hung up.

That is not what the ESPN report said...

can you imagine if the Dolphins traded even ONE first rounder?

even our FUTURE would look ruined. hard times for fins fans

Sounds like Ross looked at how the Glazers are running the Buccs and following their model.

Build thru the draft and probably hire a bright young coach instead being the "over-the-hill gang".

why would we trade the first pick for palmer. If we did trade it away we wouldnt have any LUCK.

Good thing we didn't get him, Palmer just may have been good enough to save Sparano's job. Clean freaking house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Ross' involvement because it signals his distrust for Jeff Ireland. First Orton and now Palmer. Both the Broncos and Bengals wanted to much and we are much better off with Ross' decision.

Meddlesome owners can do much more harm than good. Let's hear you back him when he screws us big time.

I like it that Ross plans on being aggressive. Who knows whom or what they were offering.

All speculation. No surprise Ross, Ireland or whoever in the Fins organization called about Palmer. One first rounder was too much, let alone 2. I think Miami was probably thinking conditional 2nd at most.

I like it that Ross plans on being aggressive. Who knows whom or what they were offering.

Any discussion they had would undoubtably have involved a 2nd round pick. If Ross had multiple conversations with the man, it wasn't like Ross was offering 3rd or 4th rounders. As well, Brown made it clear(even before the Raiders trade) that he wouldn't entertain any offers other then first rounders. I could see Ross trying to talk him down to a 2nd, much like what happened with Kevin Kolb.

All that said, i can't be the only poster who remembers the Culpepper trade.

can you imagine if the Dolphins traded even ONE first rounder?

even our FUTURE would look ruined. hard times for fins fans
If 0-5 Miami had ponied up 1 first rounder for washed up, pop gun armed, bad decision making Palmer and had wrecked our chances at a QB in a rich upcoming draft in the process...I'd have to just throw my hands up.

Meddlesome owners can do much more harm than good. Let's hear you back him when he screws us big time.
Exactly my point. Ross does not interfere if he has someone he trusts. He left Parcells alone and initially left Ireland alone. His getting involved signals the end of Ireland.

Exactly my point. Ross does not interfere if he has someone he trusts. He left Parcells alone and initially left Ireland alone. His getting involved signals the end of Ireland.

I think it is almost clear that Ireland won't be here next year. At this point I would be rather shocked to be honest with you.

Back
Top Bottom