Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

Yeah whatuh bust. I mean can u believe he made Moore drop that bomb he dropped on his ****. Or that other "miss"bomb that hit Hartlines hand last week.

Brady only missed one, Welker dropped the other.
Lolol you didnt watch the game im guessing.. he had Hernandez for a touchdown.. and edelman wide open and over threw him by a mile.. lmao back up your statement please

So who are Russell Wilson's weapons? Tanny doesn't have a number 1 wr, but he has a good running game, a pretty solid pass catching tight end, a decent slot receiver.

The problem is he misses a ton of throws every single game. You can say lack of weapons too, but what is the dropped ball stat? Does anyone have it?

I was at the game. Paid good money to see that missed play with my own eyes. My criticism is warranted.

But if that's not good enough for you, he missed Hartline twice last week too. He's leaving touchdowns on the field weekly.

Not sure about you, but I'm not exactly thrilled watching 13 points, taking a miraculous one handed grab by Fasano to actually punch it in on 4th down.

This is the the issue that people with your opinion is missing. EVERY QB MISSES OPEN RECEIVERS. Brady missed two wide open receivers for TD's in the same game you're referring to. The difference is that, Brady has way more opportunities to hit open receivers than Tannehill does because his receivers get open more. It's a struggle for our receivers to get separation, so when they do there's it seems a lot worst when our QB whoever it is, misses them. Just saying. I've also seen Tannehill hit open receivers, the issue isn't that he can't its that their not getting open ENOUGH!

Tom Brady = Super Bowls

You guys crack me up every time you bring up legends and attempt to draw a correlation.
..you dont make sense, we are saying even great Qbs miss the plays also.. is he tom brady no.. No one even said that but even the greats miss throws -__-

I thought Tannehill was ok yesterday, but he doesn't really make the elite throws.

However, last week, he was very subpar and may very well have cost us the game. So he was worse than a game manager.

He has the tools, but I wonder about the "it" factor.

My fiance is a physician and not really a football fan other than just watching while I do. Her random observation was that Tannehill is a gentleman and looks like a med student (she loves that he majored in biology). But she doesn't see the "cut your throat" attitude that the great qb's have. Problem being he is a "gentleman."

You gotta love the 6'4, the footwork, the good arm, etc. I'm not sure if he is true gym rat but supposedly he stays late. The question is, will he improve his accuracy, make some elite throws, and win games. He hasn't been good on 3rd down or in the 4th quarter. He has gotta get that "it factor" up and be a winner.

Cant say I disagree with Schefter. We just dont know yet. Thats all he is saying.

Lolol you didnt watch the game im guessing.. he had Hernandez for a touchdown.. and edelman wide open and over threw him by a mile.. lmao back up your statement please
Forgot about the Hernandez one, bottom line is Brady has 3 rings and made the plays when they counted.

He's not performing as well as Luck, Griffin or Wilson, regardless of supporting cast. That's a simple fact.

Let's put it this way: Trent Dilfer, who played the position in the league for over a decade and won a SB, and who has since become one of the more respected analysts around when it comes to breaking down QB play, thinks Tannehill will be a 'rock star', to use Dilfer's words. I'll go with that educated opinion, formed after studying the tape, with the professional credentials to back it up, before I'll go with the opinion of a guy who once threw a football growing up on Long Island.

Let's put it this way: Trent Dilfer, who played the position in the league for over a decade and won a SB, and who has since become one of the more respected analysts around when it comes to breaking down QB play, thinks Tannehill will be a 'rock star', to use Dilfer's words. I'll go with that educated opinion, formed after studying the tape, with the professional credentials to back it up, before I'll go with the opinion of a guy who once threw a football growing up on Long Island.
Dilfer said the same thing about Chad Henne.

Back
Top Bottom