Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

Dilfer said the same thing about Chad Henne.

If he did then that's disappointing, but if you can find the article where the words 'rock star' or anything of the like are used about Henne, I'd like to read it just for a laugh lol.

I admit I'm not 100% sold on Tannehill being the answer for us at QB. I'm not even close to given up on him yet either though. When we got the ball with 4+ minutes to go down by a a TD I thought of it in Finheaven terms:
If he ties the game he can build his legacy as the future franchise QB of the Miami Dolphins.
If he doesn't it will be somebody else's fault.

C'mon, thats funny because its the theme here, has been all year.

Anyway my point is of all the pundits I take Shefter's opinion on anything other then scoop extremely lightly. When I first started watching NFL Network back in 2005 he blew it with me. It was Nick Saban's first year as our head coach and Shefter was doing a camp tour on the Dolphins. He said Saban ran tthe most organized practices he'd ever seen and that the Dolphins would win at least 10 games after what he saw. The prediction was actually not bad because we went 9-7 that year. However 2 weeks later in the NFL Network season preview he had us at 5-11. That flip flop killed his credability with me.

So who are Russell Wilson's weapons? Tanny doesn't have a number 1 wr, but he has a good running game, a pretty solid pass catching tight end, a decent slot receiver.

The problem is he misses a ton of throws every single game. You can say lack of weapons too, but what is the dropped ball stat? Does anyone have it?

I think you're using the phrase "A Ton" way too loosely, missing one or two open receivers in a game only SEEMS like a ton because they don't get open that much. For a team with true playmakers, one or two missed open receivers would not be categorized as a ton.

How about

Marshawn Lynch: 1,266 yards and 9TD Compared to Reggie Bush: 622 yards 6TD
Sidney Rice 7TD
Ben Tate 7TD

Compared to D. Bess - 1TD
Hartline: 1TD

Bottom line is - Give us Atlanta's group of receivers and TE and we're easily 9-4 do you not agree?

Tanny is not accurate and is leaving too many TD's on the field because of lack of accuracy. Yes, he has lack of talent but when he has the chance, he is unable to delivered.
He only played 19 games in college, so he needs more seasoning, lets see what happens, but so far, he is not doing a good job and is one of the worse starting QB in the NFL.

Than should we draft another QB if a good one is available? Serious question. If you were calling our shots for us, would you draft someone else in the 1st?

Tom Brady = Super Bowls

You guys crack me up every time you bring up legends and attempt to draw a correlation.

I agree. You can't compare Ryan Tannehill missing a couple throws to the 1 or 2 games a season guys like Brady and Brees play mediocre and miss similar throws. These guys light it up for the rest of the year so when they miss or have bad games its excusable. Tannehill has done virtually nothing to warrant a pass at this point.

Schefter's no fool and he's not calling Tannehill a bust. I get where he's coming from. I believe in Tannehill's future with us. He shows a poise and skillset that far exceeds our last hyped up bust (Henne). But his play now isn't really a confirmation of what we hope his future ability will be. It is what it is. We don't get a clear view of him because he has nothing to work with.

I think you're using the phrase "A Ton" way too loosely, missing one or two open receivers in a game only SEEMS like a ton because they don't get open that much. For a team with true playmakers, one or two missed open receivers would not be categorized as a ton.

How about

Marshawn Lynch: 1,266 yards and 9TD Compared to Reggie Bush: 622 yards 6TD
Sidney Rice 7TD
Ben Tate 7TD

Compared to D. Bess - 1TD
Hartline: 1TD

Bottom line is - Give us Atlanta's group of receivers and TE and we're easily 9-4 do you not agree?

Give the Saints our defense and they're competing for a Super Bowl. You have to score in this league.

Legends make up for it by winning big games, MVP's, championships. You're welcome for the clarity.

Whatever you say there chief. You make tons of sense. How are you not on TV breaking **** down for us?

Cue the angry mob to slander Schefter .....

1258057_o-1.gif

Likewise it's predictably funny how the cacophony of "Usual Suspects" who eagerly chimed in to criticise or dismissthe opinion of Trent Dilfer, a decent analyst and SB winning QB for calling RT17 a "rock star" are now salivating over the opinion of a journalism major from suburban NYC who possibly never played a down of competitive football in his life. Go figure :idk:

droolingdogthumb21975531-1.jpg

He's not performing as well as Luck, Griffin or Wilson, regardless of supporting cast. That's a simple fact.

Come on man you're better than this. Football is a team game and any one player is ONLY as good as the talent around him. On this team, the QB has to be PERFECT and he's not that and will never will be. To complete that throw in the 4th qtr to bess he would have had to drop the ball in a tight window over the corner and in front of the safety in order for a short 5'10" bess to make a play on it. If he threw that very same pass to a calvin johnson or larry fitzgerald they both make a play on that ball. Brady has a 6'7 tight end to throw to, who on our team even comes close to that. Come on man.

funny how BAD colts were last year and how GOOD this year. ****ing owner is a genius who played the broken system to perfection while our moron coachs plays the coach search with flaws but not on a franchise QB.

We ****ed up BIIIIIG time wiht that BS stunt of winning useless games last year.

All we can do is HOPE RT with some good WR is a good QB that can make us win playoff games if otherwise say hello to another 5 years of crap becasue we wont drfat another QB for at least 2 more years.

I'm watching the game rewind. Before the season started on "Hard Knocks" Ireland is quoted saying the Dolphins receivers were 4's, 5's, and 6's. Hes right.

Quite frankly the 49ers DB have better deep ball skills the the Miami WRs.

Ugh. ugly game

Back
Top Bottom