Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

I'm praying that Tannehill will be a great QB but when the game is on the line, he chokes. He doesn't have the "It factor" the other rookie QBs have. Hell, even Kirk Cousins led a come from behind drive to score a TD and 2pt conversion against the Ravens to tie and win in O.T. Tannehill has had numerous opportunities for winning games against the Jets and Cardinals in back to back weeks, the Colts, the Bills, the Pats, and even the 49ers this week. What did he do??? Nothing but incompletions and interceptions. I know we dont have a #1 WR and hartline probably shouldn't be the #2 WR but damn. Make some plays for once and the media will get off his back.

I'll compare Tannehill to Brady once Tannehill can stand in the pocket like a statue for 5 seconds without any d-lineman close to touching him. Lack of serious protection and a suspect supporting cast are hurting his progression. So he misses a few throws, give a me a QB who doesn't. The roster needs a lot of work and Tannehill will benefit if the right choices are made.

The lack of patience on this board is hard to stomach sometimes.

Is this the same Adam Schefter that said he was 90% sure we were getting Jeff Fisher even though we had no chance at the veteran coach?
Is this the same Adam Schefter that said Brian Schottenheimer was on our short list?
Is this the same Adam Schefter that thought he had breaking news about Sean Payton being a FA coach that turned out to be false?
Is this the same Adam Schefter that just wrote in his Ten Spot article that said the were in trouble because Jake Long was going to have to hit the open market?

Blah, blah, blah. I noticed how he left out the strong Seattle game he had.

I have said it once, I will say it again: Ryan Tannehill will have ups and downs. He will develop at his own pace.

Read the wisdom of Trent Dilfer for the proper take on what to look for in a QB as opposed to some rumor peddler like Adam Schefter.

U dont judge a rookie by his first year in the league. Wait til next year schef before makin dum statements like this.

So who are Russell Wilson's weapons? Tanny doesn't have a number 1 wr, but he has a good running game, a pretty solid pass catching tight end, a decent slot receiver.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic here or what, but Russell Wilson's weapons are Marshawn Lynch, Golden Tate, Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin all of whom are significant upgrades over our any of current starters. I'm very sure that if Russell Wilson were here he wouldn't nearly have the success he's had in Seattle, and he'd be running a lot more trying to make a play himself (which he's admittedly better at than Tannehill).

Having said that, I have to agree that Tanny really hasn't demonstrated the improvement we've hoped for over the last 5 weeks, given the potential we saw in the first 5. At the beginning of the season, we'd see his poise, his arm and his great throws, and they would offset his few inaccurate ones. We'd say "Oh, just a few bad throws - but you have to expect that from a rookie." Trouble is it's not getting better - it might actually be getting worse as the season progresses. I hope (and think) it will get better, but there is a long list of failed QB's whose tendency to make a few bad throws every game doomed their careers.

Bingo Schefty! About time people start talking about RT17 not being the QB answer. Great QBs instantly make the players around them better, no excuses for who else may or may not be on the roster.

that is some of the weakest analysis i've seen in a while...i know that much..stick to what you know sheft which is reporting news...not evaluating talent

Tom brady missed two tds last game.. whats your point? if you think tannehill is going to light it up against everyone you're mistaken.. does he miss some throws.. yes but was it his fault when he threw it to hartline and he fell by his own that guy barley touched him and he fell lmao. Tannehill has a lot of help..

This is a non starter... Tom Brady is a HOF QB that might go down as THE all time greatest.

Tanny is rookie who is regressing weekly and NOT improving.

Que the "Blame everyone but the QB' brigade on my mark... 1, 2, 3.....

Bingo Schefty! About time people start talking about RT17 not being the QB answer. Great QBs instantly make the players around them better, no excuses for who else may or may not be on the roster.

See, now people like you shouldn't be allowed to watch football without taking classes on how football actually works. I'm sorry, but it needed to be said. This is one of the all-time dumbest posts I've ever read. I think I'm actually dumber for having read it.

I agree. You can't compare Ryan Tannehill missing a couple throws to the 1 or 2 games a season guys like Brady and Brees play mediocre and miss similar throws. These guys light it up for the rest of the year so when they miss or have bad games its excusable. Tannehill has done virtually nothing to warrant a pass at this point.

Dude, did you seriously just say that Brady and Brees only miss open receivers 1 or 2 games a SEASON??? Wow. That's one of the dumbest statements i've read in a while. EVERY QB even great ones will miss on average at least 2 open receivers a game. Passing the ball with all of HARD MAN!

This is a non starter... Tom Brady is a HOF QB that might go down as THE all time greatest.

Tanny is rookie who is regressing weekly and NOT improving.

Que the "Blame everyone but the QB' brigade on my mark... 1, 2, 3.....

You're actually making the point for him. Brady is a HOF and even HE misses open receivers EVERY WEEK! it happens. Difference is, his TEAM is good enough to overcome those misses, the dolphins aren't. Case Closed. Next Question (in my drew rosenhause voice)

You're actually making the point for him. Brady is a HOF and even HE misses open receivers EVERY WEEK! it happens. Difference is, his TEAM is good enough to overcome those misses, the dolphins aren't. Case Closed. Next Question (in my drew rosenhause voice)

Difference is he makes up for his misses when it counts and he makes the offense better around him by simply being in the game.

I'm praying that Tannehill will be a great QB but when the game is on the line, he chokes. He doesn't have the "It factor" the other rookie QBs have. Hell, even Kirk Cousins led a come from behind drive to score a TD and 2pt conversion against the Ravens to tie and win in O.T. Tannehill has had numerous opportunities for winning games against the Jets and Cardinals in back to back weeks, the Colts, the Bills, the Pats, and even the 49ers this week. What did he do??? Nothing but incompletions and interceptions. I know we dont have a #1 WR and hartline probably shouldn't be the #2 WR but damn. Make some plays for once and the media will get off his back.

Actually if my memory serves me correctly Tannehill actually put us in position to win late but Carpenter missed the FG's in both games no??? Oh but that doesn't count because we didnt' win, regardless of what actually happened in the Game! Don't let facts get in the way. Point is, football is a team game.

Back
Top Bottom