Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

Actually if my memory serves me correctly Tannehill actually put us in position to win late but Carpenter missed the FG's in both games no??? Oh but that doesn't count because we didnt' win, regardless of what actually happened in the Game! Don't let facts get in the way. Point is, football is a team game.

Ryan is that you?

Look, I don't understand why people just can't keep an open mind about opinions on RT17 open to debate (good nickname by the way) and why make silly comments like we don't know anything about football.

No one on this board can predict whether RT17 will be a "rockstar" or another "Chad Henne" type of QB.

I want RT17 to be the next coming of Marino and I get it may take some time, but thus far as the season wears on, he hasn't really shown any real big improvement.

d-1

Difference is he makes up for his misses when it counts and he makes the offense better around him by simply being in the game.

I'm not implying that Tannehill is Brady, but it's a lot easier to make those plays when it counts when you have play makers around you that can MAKE THOSE PLAYS WHEN IT COUNTS. Wes Welker stays open, Hernandez is a nightmare and Gronk is a MAN! come on dude, we don't have nothing close to that here. I agree that Great QB's can make people around him better but Tannehill isn't a great QB yet. He's a rookie with 19 college starts. He NEEDS help. This is football not tennis or golf.

Bingo Schefty! About time people start talking about RT17 not being the QB answer. Great QBs instantly make the players around them better, no excuses for who else may or may not be on the roster.

Game 13 of his rookie season, Peyton Manning lost to AtL 28-21 for his his 11th loss, threw for 159 yds with 2 TDs and 2Ints (11 ints in the last 7 games) with a 70QBR ... and that's with GOATs Harrison and Marshall Faulk among others. But it fell on him and the team and fans would have had every right to kick him to the curb at that point, right?

This is getting silly!
Where or who is our TY Hilton, Donnie Avery, Reggie Wayne, or Fleener, or the other rookie stud TE?
Where or who is our Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Braylon Edwards or Zack Miller?
Where or who is our Santana Moss, Pierre Garcon, or Leonard Hankerson?
The only Rookie QB that we can maybe compare to RT is Weeden weeks 1-4. However they drafted Richardson, Travis Benjamin (from the U) and Josh Gordon (who we all wanted in the supplemental draft) to go along with Greg Little and Massiqoui (sp) to give him some nice weapons.

RT has what we had last year at WR and TE minus Marshall. Hell had a weak WR core with Marhsall last year and now you take that away and what are you left with? Really think about this....Brian Hartline is our best WR!!!!! Brian Hartline, Really??? Bess is the next best reciever and both of these guys are under 5-9. Both guys struggle to separate from the cornors each game. So what do we do? Run the Ball with Reggie who by the way steps side to side before hitting the hole and then runs backwards every game for the last 6 games. So we tell our Rookie QB with 19 college starts to win the game for us and for the most part gets us withing a TD or less each week. You want to say a great QB makes others better...heres proof. What would have henne done with this group....Oh yeah, that's right we went 0-7!!

Give the rooke guys that can run and catch the ball like the other guys have and lets see what happens then.

Defend, Defend, Defend. But Schefter is More Knowledgable then Me and Most All on Finheaven Dude. The Classic argument - he has no weapons/playmakers. But Yet he has missed Throws and Cost us Games. We have Lost 5 of 6 and RT has looked Average since the Start of the Season. By the Way he missed a TD to Bess Yesterday and 2 Last Week to Hartline. He is allowed to be Judged. The NFL is a Win Now. I hope he is the Man, but he has not shown it Yet.

Not Mentioning RG3, Luck, or Wlson. RT is not even in that Conversation But....
Rookie QB's Philadelphia's Nick Foles and Washington's Kirk Cousins two rookie quarterbacks, added their name to the list on Sunday.Tannehill has been in those situations plenty this season - seven games now came down to fourth-quarter performance - and he's only delivered one victory in those critical, career defining situations in the fourth-quarter Dude.

I'd like a list of the 'wide open' receivers Tannehill missed for TD's yesterday. And if you even think about mentioning the Bess play, I'll just snuff that one out for ya right now- he was nowhere NEAR being wide open.

Not to mention the fact that a receiver with any kind of speed makes that a TD catch.

Let's put it this way: Trent Dilfer, who played the position in the league for over a decade and won a SB, and who has since become one of the more respected analysts around when it comes to breaking down QB play, thinks Tannehill will be a 'rock star', to use Dilfer's words. I'll go with that educated opinion, formed after studying the tape, with the professional credentials to back it up, before I'll go with the opinion of a guy who once threw a football growing up on Long Island.

ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer, though, doesn’t think that’s a good idea. Dilfer, a former Pro Bowler and Super Bowl-winning quarterback, thinks the Dolphins are good enough to win in 2011 with Chad Henneunder center.
“I think the franchise would take a giant step backward if they started over and went and got another rookie,”

View on Sanchez
"Sanchez is the unique talent of the last five or six draft classes because he has that Alpha male personality. He has that 'it factor.' Then physically he has the sudden feet, plenty of arm, is highly accurate, was mature beyond his years as a college player. He has a distinct advantage because of his makeup, the total package, and they're supporting him in such a great way.

Oh, so Shefter thinks there is a chance Tannehill isn't the answer. Now, he's not saying he won't be the answer, but there is a chance he won't be the answer. Shefter thought he was the answer 6 weeks ago, though now he isn't so sure. Though, he isn't saying he isn't the answer.

Defend, Defend, Defend. But Schefter is More Knowledgable then Me and Most All on Finheaven Dude. The Classic argument - he has no weapons/playmakers. But Yet he has missed Throws and Cost us Games. We have Lost 5 of 6 and RT has looked Average since the Start of the Season. By the Way he missed a TD to Bess Yesterday and 2 Last Week to Hartline. He is allowed to be Judged. The NFL is a Win Now. I hope he is the Man, but he has not shown it Yet.

Not Mentioning RG3, Luck, or Wlson. RT is not even in that Conversation But....
Rookie QB's Philadelphia's Nick Foles and Washington's Kirk Cousins two rookie quarterbacks, added their name to the list on Sunday.Tannehill has been in those situations plenty this season - seven games now came down to fourth-quarter performance - and he's only delivered one victory in those critical, career defining situations in the fourth-quarter Dude.

More knowledgable about what exactly? Reporting news? Because that's what he is, a news reporter. All of a sudden now he's a talent evaluator? If you don't mind I'll let the guys that have played and scouted as well as my own observations tell me if RT is the answer or not. I don't need a news reporter telling me that.

Thanks.

I can't disagree with anything he is saying. I remember feeling that RT was a reach in the first round, and that fan pressure dictated that we HAD to draft a QB at that point. I'm not pretending to be some great evaluator, just going on what I read. Unfortunately, spending a first round pick on a QB doesn't guarantee that you get a great QB. Sadly, my confidence that he is "the guy" is really declining. I don't mean to bash him and I hope he turns out to be a great one, but lately he isn't showing me much. At all.

What worries me is that Wilson, Luck, and RG3 DID IT to a certain extent in college. They were gamers then, gamers now. Is Tannehill a natural like those guys or does he just run this west coast system well?..remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom