Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

In your last post you stated, "some people just dont get it".. Well there ya go

Lmao. Please go learn what the **** 'wide open' is and get back to me. I swear, it's dangerous the level of stupidity this place is host to on a daily basis.

Bess was wide open on that deep pass? Are you kidding me? Davone Bess is not a respectable deep threat, but really, that's not so much his fault as it is the fault of the GM and coaches who put him in the position to BE the deep threat.

Look, I'm not going to blame everything on the receivers, I imagine it's conceivable that he could have completed that pass, but it looked to me like if that ball was thrown catchable for Bess, it would have been catchable for two defenders, as well.

Bess was wide open on that deep pass? Are you kidding me?

Look, I'm not going to blame everything on the receivers, I imagine it's conceivable that he could have completed that pass, but it looked to me like if that ball was thrown catchable for Bess, it would have been catchable for two defenders, as well.

You guys make me laugh with this Bess WIDE open thing. He wasnt WIDE open but open enough for the ball to land in his hands. I forget who was covering him but even if that guy would have stretched his arms out, his hands would not have been in the way of Bess catching that ball. The throw was off. Period. Nothing to do with WIDE open. He was open.

Lmao. Please go learn what the **** 'wide open' is and get back to me. I swear, it's dangerous the level of stupidity this place is host to on a daily basis.

I see both of your views.

Thing is, and I don't want to take sides here because at this point, I am in my 'who gives a f&*$' mode since this is just another lost season....

POINT is, that in the NFL there is never really anyone that is WIDE OPEN. Unless its a busted play or a bad missed assignment, your never really what you can call WIDE open. So you need to have a QB with the skills to hit that small window and get the ball in there.Then obviously you need to have the WR with the skills to keep focus and catch the thing with defenders coming in to tear your head off.

So, regardless of how open or not the WR was, the play was not made and so it just piles onto the crap that is this season.

On another note this is a nice tidbit (being sarcastic):

CHATTER
### Tannehill has only seven touchdown passes (on pace for 9.3), and for some historical perspective on how bad that is, consider: Elias tells us that since the NFL went to a 16-game schedule in 1978, only two quarterbacks have started all 16 games and thrown fewer than 10 touchdowns: Trent Dilfer (four in 1995) and David Carr (nine in 2002).
The fewest by a Dolphins quarterback (minimum 12 starts)? Bob Griese in 1970, with 12 in 14 games.

they fought it out hard yesterday. they haven't given up and they welcome the punishment. the dolphins may not be a premier team right now, but give respect wheres it is due. TOUGH matchup.. those guys are sore today

Im AGREEING with you!!!! Relax!

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

WOW!! 4 more wins!! You just convinced me that there jobs are safe and that 5-8 is good enough.

What do you mean "there"? doesnt make sense.

In two years time i bet your ass we go after Johnny Manziel, if Tannehill doesn't work out...............

Read the wisdom of Trent Dilfer

I'll look for those volumes. I know I have Amazon bookmarked somewhere.

We saw the ability level in preseason. Based on those skills, Tannehill is not making enough wow throws and I don't think he's had one wow game. That should be troubling and I don't see how it's disputed. The league is defensively handicapped yet our quarterback is putting up points like it's 1976. Notice I pick Tampa's year, not ours.

I think he looks like Drew Bledsoe in the pocket, and Danny White when he rolls out or takes off. He's certainly lacking a young Bledsoe's experience and arrogance. Bledsoe had the low delivery and relatively unvaried arc but he'd confidently rifle it.

Too many of Tannehill's deep throws don't allow enough margin for error. He'll have 5 iron loft when 8 or 9 iron is ideal. The throw to Bess was an example.

BTW, the comparisons to legends are indeed inane. Of all the trends in sports analysis I have to say that one baffles me as much as anything. Somebody has a bad game and desperate scrambles are made, to pinpoint struggles from John Elway or Peyton Manning at a similar stage. How is that 1% relevant? They got to be Elway and Manning because they were obvious freak talents from a very young age. That carried over through college and to #1 draft pick status. As Jimmy Johnson always emphasized, you don't treat those players the same. You'd have to be a fool. Yet we've got no trouble pretending the comparisons are valid. I always wonder what price those posters would take, on Tannehill -- for example -- matching Peyton's career? They have no trouble comparing as rookies so what would it take, 3/1 or 5/1? If they take those numbers they are moronic. Yet if they want what they are entitled to, like 50/1 or higher, then how is the initial comparison valid when now you're telling me your guy is 2% the caliber of other one?

Johnny Miller had a great line on Phil Mickelson at Doral a few years ago, regarding Phil's tendency to attempt any risky shot. He said if he caddied for Phil he'd want a buzz collar. That's what is needed around here, whenever somebody attempts one of the simplistic and meaningless comparisons to a legend.

Six weeks ago Schefter was sure we found our answer, six weeks later he's not. He's as fickle as some of the fans around here. Schefter is a good reporter, but just another analyst playing reactionary games. Tannehill wasn't supposed to start this season, everything thus far has been gravy. Next year is the real test.

DOLPNS13. You have no comeback so you correct me on grammer? LOL. You can continue now. By the way, Your D should be capital and your missing an apostrophe as well.

BTW, the comparisons to legends are indeed inane. Of all the trends in sports analysis I have to say that one baffles me as much as anything. Somebody has a bad game and desperate scrambles are made, to pinpoint struggles from John Elway or Peyton Manning at a similar stage. How is that 1% relevant? They got to be Elway and Manning because they were obvious freak talents from a very young age. That carried over through college and to #1 draft pick status. As Jimmy Johnson always emphasized, you don't treat those players the same. You'd have to be a fool. Yet we've got no trouble pretending the comparisons are valid. I always wonder what price those posters would take, on Tannehill -- for example -- matching Peyton's career? They have no trouble comparing as rookies so what would it take, 3/1 or 5/1? If they take those numbers they are moronic. Yet if they want what they are entitled to, like 50/1 or higher, then how is the initial comparison valid when now you're telling me your guy is 2% the caliber of other one?

Johnny Miller had a great line on Phil Mickelson at Doral a few years ago, regarding Phil's tendency to attempt any risky shot. He said if he caddied for Phil he'd want a buzz collar. That's what is needed around here, whenever somebody attempts one of the simplistic and meaningless comparisons to a legend.

np52td-1.jpg

Im AGREEING with you!!!! Relax!

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

What do you mean "there"? doesnt make sense.

My bad dude, I thought you were saying I didn't get it. I'm sorry for jumping on you like that.

I'm praying that Tannehill will be a great QB but when the game is on the line, he chokes. He doesn't have the "It factor" the other rookie QBs have. Hell, even Kirk Cousins led a come from behind drive to score a TD and 2pt conversion against the Ravens to tie and win in O.T. Tannehill has had numerous opportunities for winning games against the Jets and Cardinals in back to back weeks, the Colts, the Bills, the Pats, and even the 49ers this week. What did he do??? Nothing but incompletions and interceptions. I know we dont have a #1 WR and hartline probably shouldn't be the #2 WR but damn. Make some plays for once and the media will get off his back.

Kirk Cousins threw 2 passes for 26 yds and a TD. That isn't exactly leading a come from behind drive.

Add Brandon Weeden to your list of rookie Qbs with no help

If Im not mistaken, he has the Browns at the same or one more win than we have right now and there is more than 1 good team in his division to deal with. We on the other hand have only played the 1 good team in our division once so far. Basically, the Browns schedule was much tougher.

Back
Top Bottom