scheme blocking question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

scheme blocking question

Tannchise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I know we haven't blocked at all, but if things were better, which back better suits the blocking style we have?

I know we haven't blocked at all, but if things were better, which back better suits the blocking style we have?

Are you assuming that RB is currently on our roster?

I'm no coach, and I never played organized football, so I have to do research to find explanations for coach speak. I think Gase's criticism of Ajayi was that he would ignore his aim point and the proper read in order to try to bounce the big play. I think Drake has a similar problem, but I would argue that Drake may not have the vision to see the proper read. As far as Williams, I haven't seen enough of him toting the rock to tell you what his tendencies are. Perry might be an intriguing option short-term, but he's made himself into a core special teams player and you wouldn't want to wear him down too much.

Bottom line, I think Gase is shopping for a long-term starter in the draft next year.

Stretch the defense, put your foot in the dirt and go. This is what Gase wants from his RB. Patience to let the blocks setup and quickness to get upfield. Also the ability to catch out the backfield.

If you mean the offense as a whole has not blocked effectively. I agree. If you mean the OL as whole unit, fails to achieve any success, then I disagree. I saw at least eight times on Thursday where the five did well enough, but the back made a bad cut or the TEs failed. There are some OL starters that are struggling, but the problem is bigger than the OL.

Back
Top Bottom