Scouting The College QB's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scouting The College QB's

I think Leinart is going to be a star. His arm strength is comparable to David Carr so he's got above average arm strength. He's accurate and knows how to win games. I hope the Dolphins can draft him. I think he's going to be great.
The only 2 quarterbacks I like this year are Leinart and Rodgers. Orton doesn't impress me. All the other QB's don't look that great either. If we can't get Leinart or Rodgers than I'd say we should just sign a vetran.

Shamboubou said:
He wasnt benched for poor play, he was benched because Tiller was changing game stratagies. The wind was horrible today and passing was tough so they put in the other QB that is a better runner than Orton. He didnt look good today by any means though, but he is still a good QB.
Then why didn't they put him back in for the final drive? It's not like they were going to run. Orton sucks.

I agree with the LeFors sentiment. I saw him shred my Tarheels earlier this year. He's a good, tough college QB. Not sure if he has an NFL-caliber skill set, but we could likely get him for a mid-round pick and spend our first rounder on a top OT (Barron), DT (Hawthorne), or RB (Benson, Williams).

Truly, I think we should get a more seasoned QB like Kitna through free agency....

sports24/7 said:
You happened to see him in his worst game. I still think this guy is a good QB. There are a few guys I would take ahead of him, but I still think he will be a fine QB.
I saw his past 3 games, not impressed one bit.

KillerBeez said:
Check out some of the QB's the MAC seems to be producing as of late.
Toledo has a senior that is pretty damn good. Very accurate but more of a pure pocket guy. His name slips my mind right now. Bowling Green has a big armed, mobile guy who's leading the 4th ranked offense right now but he wont eligible till next year.

I'm not a big Greene or Orton fan. I think Orton is more of a system QB and he looked terrible yesterday. Greene is very inconsistant on the college level so I dont see him becoming an above average QB on the pro level.

If anybody thinks we're drafting a QB in the first round is sadly mistaken. Leinart and Rodgers are the only two first round possibilities and both have some question marks. If these two were in last years draft neither would have seen the top 32.

imo the team can't pass up the opportunity to get a young franchise guy. rodgers and lienart are both top ten guys, but there is a huge drop-off after that. i'm not sure if the f.o. will draft a qb, but this pick needs to be an impact player- and the only types of positions worthy of top 5 consideration are a qb, a wr, a left tackle, a d tackle, and a cb. we don't need a cb and a wr would help, but a dt, ot, and qb are huge needs. both are expensive f.a. positions so drafting these positions would be more affordable. the question again is rather or not the franchise pass up a rare opportunity to draft a sure-fire qb prospect?

Just wanted to say that I called Orton a fluke weeks ago when they were 4-0 when everyone here was up on his junk..... hes not NFL material

Leinart and Rodgers are the only QB's worth a 1st rounder and they even are not that super lookin.

Back
Top Bottom