Sean Smith Agent comments on Sean's Practice Today

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinAtic8480, Aug 5, 2009.

1. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

http://twitter.com/davidcanter

Guys everyone is raving about Sean Smith and Patrick Turner. I mean everyone form local media to fans. These two guys could be huge steals.

2. JT-forpresident

JT-forpresident Believe In Miami

i like it

sean lockdown smith

3. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan Perennial All-Pro

smith might have been a first round pick if he had a better combine

4. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

I think about how Smith has shined and how players say Davis is coming along just fine and just has turn to not be shy when he plays and I think we might have a serious tandem in our hands.

5. Lorenzo Rules

Lorenzo Rules A True Fan

I hope things work out to where they do become stars.

6. ArmyFin7

ArmyFin7 U cry about the $$$, we do the dirtywork

ummm...I like what Smith has done thus far, but come on....it was a twitter from his agent!

7. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Everyone is raving about the kid. The guys here from the local radio station and news say he is something special to watch. The same goes for Patrick Turner.

8. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

WOW could this mean our Front Office/Scouting Department knows alot more then these so called "draft day experts" or most of us here on the message boards including myself?

Chubbs

9. White6

White6 Banned Hammered

Davis will be fine, especially if Smith keeps it up. They both are freak athletes and competitive as all hell. I am really looking forward to these two fighting for that spot opposite Allen. This season will be tough, but without a doubt very exciting.

10. ArmyFin7

If this kid keeps it up and ends up being a starter, with the addition of Davis, we could have a hell of a trio of corners.

11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I don't know who you're referring to but I'd have taken Sean Smith at #25 over Vontae Davis and again at #44 over Pat White, and when their pick came up at #56 I would have taken him instead of trading down to #61, and when they got to #61 I was hoping they'd take him even though they just took Vontae Davis, and when they actually did I finally breathed my first sigh of relief in the whole first day of the draft.

12. finsfan4life

finsfan4life In Dawn We Trust!

Exactly, that's like getting a twitter from your mother saying you're a great son.

13. Shamboubou

Shamboubou THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!

How about.....Shawn the LockSmith??

14. ArmyFin7

15. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

Noone specifc, mostly the masses. If you look at the overall picture of what they did draft day and they did more then ok.

Looks like they hit with Turner, Smith and Davis. Clemons is getting notice.Hartline is getting plenty attention,

If pat white eventually hits, I would say this draft was gold, the rest of the draft pics dont even matter at that point.

16. ArmyFin7

Coming out of a draft with 2 major contributors is a successful draft...we may seriously have come out of the draft with 4! Im guessing Hartline will be a return man and prolly #5 wr...Turner....I seriously think it's going to be hard for the coaches to keep this guy down on the depth chart. Smith and Davis, one will start the other will play nickel....and there were a lot of people that hated our draft...I really liked the davis, White, smith and turner picks....hadn't really heard of any of the rest of them.

17. PhinFan0202

PhinFan0202 Alriiigghht miaaammi!!!

Good to here, let's hope it translates to the regular season.

18. Pinkboy

Pinkboy Banned Hammered

Don't forget Gardner. There is no doubt he will make the team. We need a young OT at backup and he has gotten more reps than anyone on the team so far in camp.

They'll definitely keep him considering the importance of the position, and the fact they are giving him so much playing time already.

19. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

I thought Sean already had a nickname "Legend". That is what they called him in college. Some story about how when he was an incoming freshmen all the new guys were telling stories of how they dominated their HS games and he told the room of upper classmen that his HS boys said he was a "legend" back home. The name stuck as a joke, but before long he had started living up to it. Then he has that sick pick in the endzone that kinda cemented it.

He seems to have a great sense of humor. I see him getting a pick on someone like Moss or T.O. and turning around to them after the play and saying "I am Legend" LMAO. That would be great!!!

20. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

I am hearing good things as well but I'm not really trusting his agents opinion.

21. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Da Dalphins

obviously Smith is doin good, but didnt he get burned by anthony armstrong today?

22. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

Sean Smith will be the best and most important player in this draft class for us... Take that to the bank.

23. Skree

Skree Well-Known Member

EVERY CB gets burned at times. It's part of the learning process.

24. fins99

fins99 Well-Known Member

Felt exactly the same on draft day. The film I saw pre-draft was impressive. Didn't like the first two picks because I though they would still be there when picking in later rounds, especially White. I was wrong on why on Davis, with the character concerns. I think he is more mature than his brother and will be lighting it up later in camp as he grows comfortable with the scheme. He will begin to take more chances then. I think both of these kids are going to be up there with Madison and Surtain. In time of course.:wink:

25. fins99

fins99 Well-Known Member

I was more skeptical than hate, but I have come to really like it now. i think you are right about all of them including Hartline, who has been catching everything in camp by all accounts.

26. urbanski

urbanski Scout Team

Can i ask you what you have heard since you seem to be objective.

I'm curious what a jets fan has heard.

27. BARF

BARF ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

thats good i guess we have madison/surtain all over again, i hate that twitter crap, it is so annoying, patrick turner is going to be what wilford should have been last year

28. ArmyFin7

I remember seeing Turner do the gauntlet at the combine and watching him run and catch, he is fluid and natural. I was impressed.

29. paskerbrandon

paskerbrandon .

I can't wait to see Smith on the field making plays.

I will admit I was wrong about the Hartline pick thus far.

I was livid when we took him but he is catching everything and looking legit in TC.

30. ArmyFin7

I have been one of few defenders for Hartline. I didn't know who he was until we drafted him and I started doing some research....then I figured I l et his play make up my mind...

31. Finfang

Finfang Finheaven is king!!!

I was listening to an interview by Justin Smiley today and he went on and on about Andrew Gardner. When asked who was the best rookie out there so far Smiley answered Gardner.

Of course he is partial to OL but it was great news to hear. Smiley said he was obviously coached well in college. I love hearing that too being a huge GT fan.

32. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

The day after the entire draft I would have agreed with you that Smith was the best value we got in the draft. There is no way I could touch the type of research that you do but I would have been inclined to pick Davis over Smith at the #25 slot in the 1st round as the safer pick but I sure felt lucky we got Smith at the end of the 2nd round for sure.
    I know we are just into training camp but with Murphy looking to making moves from last years draft class and Harline appearing to shine a bit I am starting to get impressed with our scouting department a bit more.
    It will be real interesting to see if Nalborne and Folsom can stick from this years draft that would almost be a bit amaziing. IMO

Still I hang that the majority of our picks might have been available later in the draft in terms of value which is an argument againt our drafting department. BUT if the majority stick and contribute who really cares at the end of the day.

33. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Just various reports I have read syaing he's looking good in camp. I reserve judgment until I see him but I have heard good reports from camp.

34. jlfin

jlfin old pro

And if he had played for a team that wasn't as disrespected as Utah.
    I'm a Canes fan, so I have no bias, but Utah was the best team in the country last yr.
    Every "expert" thought that a real team from the SEC would expose them. Instead what we saw was Utah take apart a highly regarded Bama team.

35. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I remember when CK posted his draft review. Good post.

But, he had Turner rated higher than just about everyone else on the board, and he gave the selection a "C." I immediately loved Turner's potential and said that the pick deserved at least a "B" and went as far as saying he could be a better pro than Nicks - the player many wanted instead of V. Davis. CK also gave the Davis pick a "D" - largely because he wanted Nicks instead of Davis. As a talent, Davis is far superior to Nicks, and he seems to be making all the right moves in camp - speaking of his "character" as much as his play on the field.

I must admit that I'm still not jumping for joy over the P. White pick, but I'm not yet down on the selection. But, looking at the first four picks, three of them are excelling far beyond their draft positions. Giving our draft preliminary low grades now looks silly.

36. DANTODUPER

DANTODUPER Scout Team

Actually I think Smith, Davis, Clemons and Gardner will be the best picks of this draft, but only time will tell. I think turner will become a Jurevicous type of WR, and Hartline .... I really have doubts about him.

37. NRA

NRA Roll Gypsy Roll

how about LOCK-SMITH!!

sean "LOCK" smith.... the LOCKSMITH!

hope his knee is ok. could let the air out of this
    already. :(

38. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

It's funny, many have said that the best Corner in this years draft might have been Davis, and now it's looking like it might actually be a toss up between Davis and Smith.....Both Miami Dolphins :lol: I like it

39. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

How soon before we start seeing Davis and Smith are better than Revis?

40. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I think Revis could well be the 2nd or 3rd best CB in the league. We will also run a different D, though, so it'll be difficult to compare them in the future. Even if - HUGE IF - either or both end up playing at the level of Revis (thinking down the road), it'll be almost impossible to compare.