Sean Smith leading the team in PD's, looking impressive | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith leading the team in PD's, looking impressive

McMichael

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
For a rookie this kid looks like a complete steal and should have went in the first round.... He's leading the team right now in passes defended which means he has been challenged and he has came through and met the challenges. The only play I really remember him getting beat on was a play vs the chargers where he slipped and fell.. he seems to stick to any receiver like glue, and with his size it's hard to fit the ball in..

he also seems intelligent (watched a few interviews) and thats definitely a good thing, makes it easier for him to read receivers and to pick up on what they plan on doing.

He's also an absolute beast in redzone defense due to his height and I doubt anyone even attempts to throw at his side of the endzone this year

He is playing some really solid football, looks like our best draft pick so far, and is on pace for 16 PDs this season...

S.Smith for defensive rookie of the year if he gets a few picks and keeps up with the PDs (which he probably will)

I'm developing a bit of a man-crush on this kid and I'm sure I aint alone. One of the few bright spots on the team thus far IMO.

Yeah, his play will only make Pasqualoni more inclined to blitz and leave him out on an island, which bodes well for our defense as a whole. Evil Ronnie looks like he belongs too...

he is good but it is kinda sad he has 1/3 of the teams PD's with 3.......we really need to start making some plays...more Interceptions, force some more fumbles, more sacks.....

He slips quite often and tackling was never his strong point.
BUT
he looks like one of the biggest steals of the draft and thats something since he was taken in the 2nd not the 5th.
Even when people get catches on him he is right there and contesting it.
He is facing top NFL WR's and playing them very well

Smith is for real. Almost got to jackson in SD. Lookin for more V. Davis and Chris Clemons soon. Yeah, I said it. Clemons.

On basically all of the passes completed against him, it seemed like Smith had near perfect coverage, but like mentioned they were just great passes. Sounds like what Madison said in that one article.

vontae davis has been playing well too when hes in the games, i dont think a pass was completed on him all last game and he was in there for a bunch of snaps...

both of those guys are playing great, sean especially though...

I've been a big Smith fan since before the draft. So far, he's lived up to expectations and then some. It's very tuff for any CB to come in and start immediately. Remember that he is splitting time with Davis, who is just slightly behind him. I believe we're looking at another Dynamic draft duo. Our future at CB looks very bright.

I also like the fact that we're giving him some safety help. I think this will allow him to take a few more chances while he's learning.

I read somewhere that Smith is ranked 3rd amongst all CB's in completion % against.

He hasn't lived up to MY expectations. He played like a true God-King in the pre-season but now he has succumbed to his weaker human form. I will pray so that his true immortal self comes to play on sunday afternoon against the bills.

Back
Top Bottom