Sean Smith... "the most coveted" free agent? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith... "the most coveted" free agent?

IMO Sean is very good in press coverage.

True. Sean plays taller WR's very well IMO in man coverage.

He's also a good redzone CB - even though he did get beat once for a score in the clutch this year.

No one is unbeatable - even Revis (or my favorite from back in the day Lester "the Molester" Hayes) can be beat.

Dont be surprised if the Tag is used on him, instead of Starks or Long.

I'd rather see them work out a deal, but I don't think it's in Miami's best interest to lose him in the offseason. The franchise option is definitely an option and that could lead to a longer term deal prior to the season starting.

Most coveted FA? What a laughable crock of sh**. The guy is the opposite of a play maker. He never has made them, and he never will. These days you need your DB's to have SOME KIND of ball hawking ability. He has none.

Hope he goes.

Haha wow, the funny part is that they call this a "good" CB free agent market. Not that good of a CB market if Sean Smith is the most highly sought after. He has size....and thats about it, zero play making ability

Sean Smith has elite tangibles. It's the intangibles and instinct that he lacks IMO.

Truth is, odds are against Miami that they find 2 CBs in the draft that are equal to Smith and Davis, let alone an improvement.
Why on God's green earth would you covet players who are lazy, and lack heart? Guys that leave plays on the field while having no desire to be great? Dudes who are weak minded that require either Grandma's approval or that of the Twitter world? Why would a GM look to get equal value for those qualities? What type of backwards decision making must a GM have that would make him fearful in their ability to replace people who have displayed a consistent ineptitude for the game?

My friend, you are a person who's logic (on this topic . . .) makes absolutely no sense.

In my book, you either swing for the fences in this life or don't act and watch other people be great behind the fences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why on God's green earth would you covet players who are lazy, and lack heart? Guys that leave plays on the field while having no desire to be great? Dudes who are weak minded that require either Grandma's approval or that of the Twitter world? Why would a GM look to get equal value for those qualities? What type of backwards decision making must a GM have that would make him fearful in their ability to replace people who have displayed a consistent ineptitude for the game?

My friend, you are a person who's logic makes absolutely no sense.

In my book, you either swing for the fences in this life or don't act and watch other people be great behind the fences.

Ok, so my opinon on a players talents is a direct result of the type of person that I am . . . am I getting this correct? You don't know me, so don't assume anything about me . . . my friend.

When you say players are lazy and lack heart . . . . who are these players and how personal do you know them to where you believe they are lazy or lack heart? Does a players personality mean more than the talent on the field? Because there are a bunch of UDFA's who are probably Jeff Ireland / Joe Philbin guys from a personality standpoint but can't sniff the field on Sundays. In this league you need talent, and in 5 years of being the GM, the 2 best CBs that Jeff Ireland have brought in were Vontae Davis and Sean Smith . . . . this is from Free Agency and the draft. We have seen guys like Eric Green and Gibril Wilson receive solid contracts only to **** the bed (in Eric Green's case literally) yet we are expecting to get rid of our 2 best Cbs from this regime in less than a year and magically replace them with draft picks and free agents like the past never happened? I'm a realist and your disdain for Vontae and Smith for whatever reason has messed with your perception of reality.

The fact that you call out Vontae because of a Hard Knocks episode where he wanted to call his grandma just shows you that you have no respect and no idea about his life and his circumstances and you clearly overlooked his playmaking ability he flashed for the Colts . . . something this team certainly could use right now. Is he squeaky clean . . . no . . . is he immature . . . yea he is . . . who gives a damn, the kid can play and the kid is physically gifted . . . but I guess we'll settle for Carroll, Wilson, Patterson and Marshall next season and hopefully those guys can swing for the fences together. So Sean Smith was outspoken on Twitter early on in his career . . . what does that have to do with anything?

I can tell you obviously put Jeff Ireland on a pedastool so we will never agree, but what in his tenure has he shown you to give you confidence that he'll get the right skill position personnel, both on offense and defense, to field a solid team? I'm hopeful, but I haven't seen it . . . however the list of free agent busts and draft pick failures probably quadruples the list of solid finds.

Ok, so my opinon on a players talents is a direct result of the type of person that I am . . . am I getting this correct? You don't know me, so don't assume anything about me . . . my friend.

When you say players are lazy and lack heart . . . . who are these players and how personal do you know them to where you believe they are lazy or lack heart? Does a players personality mean more than the talent on the field? Because there are a bunch of UDFA's who are probably Jeff Ireland / Joe Philbin guys from a personality standpoint but can't sniff the field on Sundays. In this league you need talent, and in 5 years of being the GM, the 2 best CBs that Jeff Ireland have brought in were Vontae Davis and Sean Smith . . . . this is from Free Agency and the draft. We have seen guys like Eric Green and Gibril Wilson receive solid contracts only to **** the bed (in Eric Green's case literally) yet we are expecting to get rid of our 2 best Cbs from this regime in less than a year and magically replace them with draft picks and free agents like the past never happened? I'm a realist and your disdain for Vontae and Smith for whatever reason has messed with your perception of reality.

The fact that you call out Vontae because of a Hard Knocks episode where he wanted to call his grandma just shows you that you have no respect and no idea about his life and his circumstances and you clearly overlooked his playmaking ability he flashed for the Colts . . . something this team certainly could use right now. Is he squeaky clean . . . no . . . is he immature . . . yea he is . . . who gives a damn, the kid can play and the kid is physically gifted . . . but I guess we'll settle for Carroll, Wilson, Patterson and Marshall next season and hopefully those guys can swing for the fences together. So Sean Smith was outspoken on Twitter early on in his career . . . what does that have to do with anything?

I can tell you obviously put Jeff Ireland on a pedastool so we will never agree, but what in his tenure has he shown you to give you confidence that he'll get the right skill position personnel, both on offense and defense, to field a solid team? I'm hopeful, but I haven't seen it . . . however the list of free agent busts and draft pick failures probably quadruples the list of solid finds.
Sensitive much?!

LOLOLOLOLOL! That is some funny ****, seriously is this a prank? Is Sean Smith getting punked?

Back
Top Bottom