Sean Smith: "This is definitely where I want to be forever." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith: "This is definitely where I want to be forever."

Then sign your name on a 5 year 25 mil contract because your value is not more then that.

I like Sean Smith overall. I would work hard to bring him back.

Smith is lazy and doesn't give 100% on gamedays. If the coaching staff feels they can fix him then I wouldn't mind bringing him back for a clearance price. Otherwise let some other team overpay for him.

Smith is lazy and doesn't give 100% on gamedays. If the coaching staff feels they can fix him then I wouldn't mind bringing him back for a clearance price. Otherwise let some other team overpay for him.

I wouldn't say he's lazy. At all. The guy has all the measurables and on paper should be Antonio Cromartie. But as talented as he is physically, the confusing part is he is just as lacking in the instincts department.

Vontae was the polar opposite. All instinct.

All I'm concerned with this offseason in regards to our own free agents is Starks. Everyone else can be replaced. I'd like to have Long and Bush back at the right price and Hartline to but they are all expendable as is Smith. Hartline would be great #3 but he needs to realize that

Yeah so you can still get burned.....if this guy goes to another team the fans are gonna rip him a new one..tall corners don't play long guys ..they lack suddeness and can't bend..he will continue to get beat on comebacks..daniel snyder is the only owner dumb enough to give him big money..also are s's have to be perfect in there tackling because this guy offers no help..so blockers key on clemons and jones on outside runs on smith's side ..and that's why guys get big runs outside..

I think he will be let go. Coyle in Cinci seemed to prefer good tackling, physical corner, Leon Hall, J.Joseph, Nate Clements. Richard Marshall whom I like and think we missed is of that ilk.

Ireland will sign Mccann to a nice little contract and then your looking at Marshall, Patterson, and Mccann with a new drafted CB early in this draft.

I think they will offer smith a decent contract but maybe not as huge a bonus. ONe that might make his agents walk. Which then puts Irelands focus on getting a second CB.

But I find a delemna at Safety moreso than CB.

He gets a lot of stick on here but he actually had a pretty good season. Sign him up, draft him a partner and we are set at CB.

Banks and Smith would be a fantastic cb pair.

This is definitely where I don't want him to be.

Smith plays off the ball giving up easy 1st downs and is easy beaten by quicker and smaller receivers. He is a decent CB against some of the taller guys. I would offer him a 2 year deal @ 6m to solidify the secondary until his replacement is found.
I also believe that a long term deal would ruin him. Once he has the money, he will just go through the motions of being a player.

In Kevin Coyle's press-man scheme he is a perfect fit at 6'4 216.. Coyle is a highly regarded DB coach... he got Gibril Wilson to be serviceable.. he deserves a nobel peace prize for that by the way, but with that being said... I would not overpay for him and I don't think Ireland will.. 3 Interceptions in 62 starts and it's not like the number is low because of targets because at one point (may still be) the most targeted CB in 2012.. I like him as a #2 CB covering bigger more physical receivers but quick shifty WR's kill him... We still need a #1 CB with him on the team so we shouldn't pay him like one and if he doesn't want it go after Derek Cox or Brent Grimes

In Kevin Coyle's press-man scheme he is a perfect fit at 6'4 216.. Coyle is a highly regarded DB coach... he got Gibril Wilson to be serviceable.. he deserves a nobel peace prize for that by the way, but with that being said... I would not overpay for him and I don't think Ireland will.. 3 Interceptions in 62 starts and it's not like the number is low because of targets because at one point (may still be) the most targeted CB in 2012.. I like him as a #2 CB covering bigger more physical receivers but quick shifty WR's kill him... We still need a #1 CB with him on the team so we shouldn't pay him like one and if he doesn't want it go after Derek Cox or Brent Grimes

Gerbil Wilson...LOL

Smith plays off the ball giving up easy 1st downs and is easy beaten by quicker and smaller receivers. He is a decent CB against some of the taller guys. I would offer him a 2 year deal @ 6m to solidify the secondary until his replacement is found.
I also believe that a long term deal would ruin him. Once he has the money, he will just go through the motions of being a player.

didn't read this before my post but glad someone agrees with me

Back
Top Bottom