Sean Smith: "This is definitely where I want to be forever."

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins Own, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Dolphins Own

Dolphins Own Dolphins fan since 2002

2. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

Then sign your name on a 5 year 25 mil contract because your value is not more then that.

3. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I like Sean Smith overall. I would work hard to bring him back.

4. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Smith is lazy and doesn't give 100% on gamedays. If the coaching staff feels they can fix him then I wouldn't mind bringing him back for a clearance price. Otherwise let some other team overpay for him.

5. dcnr226

dcnr226 A True Fan Donator

I wouldn't say he's lazy. At all. The guy has all the measurables and on paper should be Antonio Cromartie. But as talented as he is physically, the confusing part is he is just as lacking in the instincts department.

Vontae was the polar opposite. All instinct.

6. TPD1479

TPD1479 Seasoned Veteran

All I'm concerned with this offseason in regards to our own free agents is Starks. Everyone else can be replaced. I'd like to have Long and Bush back at the right price and Hartline to but they are all expendable as is Smith. Hartline would be great #3 but he needs to realize that

7. slickrickpuppy

slickrickpuppy Banned Hammered

Yeah so you can still get burned.....if this guy goes to another team the fans are gonna rip him a new one..tall corners don't play long guys ..they lack suddeness and can't bend..he will continue to get beat on comebacks..daniel snyder is the only owner dumb enough to give him big money..also are s's have to be perfect in there tackling because this guy offers no help..so blockers key on clemons and jones on outside runs on smith's side ..and that's why guys get big runs outside..

8. normaniii

normaniii A True Fan

I think he will be let go. Coyle in Cinci seemed to prefer good tackling, physical corner, Leon Hall, J.Joseph, Nate Clements. Richard Marshall whom I like and think we missed is of that ilk.

9. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Ireland will sign Mccann to a nice little contract and then your looking at Marshall, Patterson, and Mccann with a new drafted CB early in this draft.

I think they will offer smith a decent contract but maybe not as huge a bonus. ONe that might make his agents walk. Which then puts Irelands focus on getting a second CB.

But I find a delemna at Safety moreso than CB.

10. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

He gets a lot of stick on here but he actually had a pretty good season. Sign him up, draft him a partner and we are set at CB.

Banks and Smith would be a fantastic cb pair.

11. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

This is definitely where I don't want him to be.

12. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

Smith plays off the ball giving up easy 1st downs and is easy beaten by quicker and smaller receivers. He is a decent CB against some of the taller guys. I would offer him a 2 year deal @ 6m to solidify the secondary until his replacement is found.
    I also believe that a long term deal would ruin him. Once he has the money, he will just go through the motions of being a player.

13. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

In Kevin Coyle's press-man scheme he is a perfect fit at 6'4 216.. Coyle is a highly regarded DB coach... he got Gibril Wilson to be serviceable.. he deserves a nobel peace prize for that by the way, but with that being said... I would not overpay for him and I don't think Ireland will.. 3 Interceptions in 62 starts and it's not like the number is low because of targets because at one point (may still be) the most targeted CB in 2012.. I like him as a #2 CB covering bigger more physical receivers but quick shifty WR's kill him... We still need a #1 CB with him on the team so we shouldn't pay him like one and if he doesn't want it go after Derek Cox or Brent Grimes

14. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

Gerbil Wilson...LOL

15. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

didn't read this before my post but glad someone agrees with me

16. retarmyfinfan

retarmyfinfan Brave Rifles Donator

He is not worried about anyhting, just like when he is on the field. This clown actually thinks he is a top CB in the league. Maybe the CFL, but that's about it.

17. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

Why wouldn't he want to be here, where we want to pay him like one of the league's top CB's even though he is not one.

18. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

He's average at best. I'd let him go. I know the tough thing then would be to get two quality corners in the offseason. That would almost dictate Miami taking a corner with it's first pick. I want to win and win big. I want the team to be a dynasty and to reach that height why overpay for average talent? Time to move on.

19. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

We are on the exact same page here. I think fans are becoming so used to average talent that we want to keep guys who are average, like Smith. That's not how you develop a championship team. I know it creates two opening at corner, but that's okay. We can do better than Smith.

I'd bet my money that Long rebounds. He has been a warrior for this team, always with a team first attitude. Starks is a near pro-bowl talent who I'd pay. I've always liked Hartline. Not a superstar, but a good productive player.

20. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Why wouldn't Smith want to stay in Miami? He can turn in sub par performances with poor tackling and no big plays and still make a lot of money.