Sean Smith update: Sean Smith meeting with imaginary teams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith update: Sean Smith meeting with imaginary teams

I'm sure most of his "interested teams" hooplah was his agent leaking stuff out to drive his price up on the Dolphins. He probably called all those teams and told them Sean would love to play for your team and they said "Word? That'd be cool." And he blew it up. I think Rosenhaus was on WQAM last week acknowledging that agents do most of that leaking to drum up interest for their players. Sean Smith thus far having himself some good ole humble pie lol

I'm not going to laugh because my best guess is that Sean Smith winds up right back here in Miami, getting juked out of his cleats and making terrible plays on the football for at least one more year.

Don't you even suggest it! Grr....

Darlington made a comment yesterday that he got a "scoop" from his Dolphin source that unveiled Ireland's draft plan and found it equally as "intriguing" as the first day surprises of FA. By looking at our strong pursuit of filling TE with FA and intent to either re-sign Long or sign a RT in FA as well...it seems to show a leaning to maybe surprise us with say a trade up for Milliner maybe and also a drafting of a new Mike LB.

It seems to me like Smith's market was inflated by ignorant sports writers, reading into agent hoopla, and less by actual GM's who have probably watched tape of this guy and realized just how much of a non-factor he really is.

If we also sign a "veteran" pass rushing DE don't be shocked seeing Dee Milliner as our 1st round pick and Manti Teo or Kevin Minter at 42.

CB's are slow to sign and many think it is b/c of Revis. So much hate for Smith here and I think he is so much better than the other two CB's we have here making 4-6 mil.

Oh well...

CB's are slow to sign and many think it is b/c of Revis. So much hate for Smith here and I think he is so much better than the other two CB's we have here making 4-6 mil.

Oh well...
I agree, I mean everybody says how bad his hands are but if he's dropping catches that mean the opposing WR is not touching the ball, and some of these other guys were interested like captain, yea he is gonna do nothing against today's WRs and TEs. I say bring him back, give him another year in this system and see what he can do.

On NFL Network, Mike the great Tannenbaum, was shocked Sean Smith was still on the FA board. With all his tools and size.

With such a endorsement, I'm surprised he's still available.:rolleyes2:

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

If we also sign a "veteran" pass rushing DE don't be shocked seeing Dee Milliner as our 1st round pick and Manti Teo or Kevin Minter at 42.

Teo's size and speed will regulate him to mediocre status. Something I don't want.

I'm not going to laugh because my best guess is that Sean Smith winds up right back here in Miami, getting juked out of his cleats and making terrible plays on the football for at least one more year.

I was about to LOL till I read your post. Great point :)

I am getting tired of Florio writing this in every article about Fins signings or possible signings. The signings were good football moves that improved the team. This wasn't just about selling tickets or swaying the vote on the stadium.

Do you know what else I'm getting tired of hearing from all of these know nothing experts? They keep saying that the Dolphins are spending all this money, but they do not realize that the Dolphins actually saved money on the salary cap over the next two seasons by signing Ellerbe and Wheeler and releasing Dansby and Burnett. They got younger and they saved money.

Why hasn't anyone signed this bum yet? I won't be at ease until he's safely on another roster. Funny if smith is out of the league in 2013.

we cant go into the season with no decent CBs on our team. Smith is young, he still has potential. I dont want to rely on rookies or an average free agent to be our CBs. I'd re-sign him and make him a #2 CB, and then let a rookie take over #1.

Back
Top Bottom