Sean Smith worth $10.7 million guaranteed for one year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith worth $10.7 million guaranteed for one year?

The big thing with this is that CB is the THIRD highest paid position in the NFL . . . meaning these guys get paid, so I still have to laugh when I see people say Sean Smith at 2 or 3 million a year. The positive, if any, is that if he completely blows next year, you are only the hook for one season and you don't have to fill his spot in FA. Negatively . . . 10.7 for a guy that isn't a QB or isn't elite at his position is never a great idea . . . and if he does turn into an exceptional CB next year you will have to come out of pocket and give him that salary long term when you probably can get him at a more average salary of 6 to 7 million long term now. I'm not a fan of franchising him.

I'd franchise Long before I would ever consider placing the tag on Smith.

A injured, older Jake Long plays his position better than Jake Long and is a far bigger asset IMO.

Let all our FAs walk. Hartline you can sign for a discount. If not, eff them.

If we managed to trade up for a guy like Dee Milliner - someone capable of excelling at press - Sean Smith would be worth keeping (Smith is ELITE in press). Coyle had Smith in zone (where he is mediocre) too often, and supposedly that was due to Nolan Carroll's limitations and inability to play press on the other side.

But $10 million per year...no way. If he came down to the 6-7 million range I'd consider. He might lack instincts, but its hard to find his physical tools.

I think the bigger story with this blog is that Armando continues to throw Ben Volin under the bus for his early January article saying that tagging Smith was an option. This isn't the first time Armando has attacked Ben for this and he continues to do it. The following line I find very unprofessional by Armando:

I have been told it will not happen by well-placed team sources, who even mocked the suggestion to my face.

I am glad Ben finally confronted Armando on Twitter about the constant attacks.

I think the bigger story with this blog is that Armando continues to throw Ben Volin under the bus for his early January article saying that tagging Smith was an option. This isn't the first time Armando has attacked Ben for this and he continues to do it. The following line I find very unprofessional by Armando:

I am glad Ben finally confronted Armando on Twitter about the constant attacks.

Armando is nothing more then a smart aleck punk imo

If we managed to trade up for a guy like Dee Milliner - someone capable of excelling at press - Sean Smith would be worth keeping (Smith is ELITE in press). Coyle had Smith in zone (where he is mediocre) too often, and supposedly that was due to Nolan Carroll's limitations and inability to play press on the other side.

But $10 million per year...no way. If he came down to the 6-7 million range I'd consider. He might lack instincts, but its hard to find his physical tools.

Really good post. I wasn't aware of the zone-because-of-Carroll thing.

I'd rather have Brent Grimes for that kind of money.

One word.....................................NOPE!

Back
Top Bottom