Season grades for Miami's impending free agents | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season grades for Miami's impending free agents

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm a huge fan of PFF, but it's interesting to see how some players were graded.

Verner...57
Fasano...45
Damien Williams...71.8
David Fales...56.9
Landry...82
Cutler...62.5
Jermon Bushrod...40.3
Matt Moore...53.8
Michael Thomas...79.7
Nate Allen...40.2
Sam Young...56.6
Terrence Fede...53
Walt Aikens...48
William Hayes...85.6

I've also underlined who I think Miami should re-sign.

Thanks, interesting. Do you happen to know what a good grade is?

Last edited:
only player I want to keep is Hayes. It's great that Thomas and Aikens are stud special teamers but it does kill our safety depth as both suck playing defense. We can only keep one of them.

I keep Verner on a minimum contract - Fede too. Only changes I would make.

I can probably get behind that. The only reason I would say otherwise is because we have a lot of youth at the position and there are a few guys who are younger and have more potential, like McTyer (who I believe was on the practice squad for much of the season).

Fede maybe at a minimum contract, any more than that and it's not worth it IMO

only player I want to keep is Hayes. It's great that Thomas and Aikens are stud special teamers but it does kill our safety depth as both suck playing defense. We can only keep one of them.

I personally think you need to keep Damien Williams because he knows the system and he's got a similar skillset to Drake. Definitely not as explosive, but he can make plays.

I’d keep Michael Thomas for his ST contributions....

Williams is redundant at RB with Drake, replace with CJ Anderson (or something similar)....

Fede is worth keeping on a cheap deal...so is Fasano (if he doesn’t retire)

Landry has been dissected and discussed a zillion times already.

I think they may need to try and keep Fede depending on how other things go this offseason.

Agree with you on the rest except possibly Thomas and re sign our kicker.

So Hayes is the best player on that list but he's older and would be coming back from injury so I'm on the fence there. No big loss with any of them other than Landry but he can leave too as far as I'm concern.

Ozzy rules!!

That's a nice looking list from my prospective. We could lose everyone of those players and still improve in 2018.

The Landry thing has been beat to death, obviously the team is better with him than without but at what cost?

Aikens and Fede have value at very low prices.

Michael Thomas and Damian Williams have over achieved. Not worth paying them any real salary when you can replace them with 6th or 7th round draft picks.

I'd like to see as money new faces as possible.

Not that I'm a huge fan of PFF, but it's interesting to see how some players were graded.

Verner...57
Fasano...45
Damien Williams...71.8
David Fales...56.9
Landry...82
Cutler...62.5
Jermon Bushrod...40.3
Matt Moore...53.8
Michael Thomas...79.7
Nate Allen...40.2
Sam Young...56.6
Terrence Fede...53
Walt Aikens...48
William Hayes...85.6

I've also underlined who I think Miami should re-sign.
I'd resign the bolded players. A reason why I resign the young DBs, the DL didn't do our cover guys any favors and the off man did even less. those numbers are also the numbers where they are inexperienced, they have room to grow.

Damien Williams was talking holdout after getting tendered at $1.8M last year. An increase from 600k. I would not pay more than that for a backup RB. He's made plays at times but even as a committee back I would not be too thrilled about his 3.6 ypc average. That's not great for a back with 4.45 speed.

We should and hopefully keep either Aiken or Thomas but not both... great ST'ers but add zero value on defense. Would hurt to lose both, though. I think we'd feel it.

I’d keep Michael Thomas for his ST contributions....

Williams is redundant at RB with Drake, replace with CJ Anderson (or something similar)....

Fede is worth keeping on a cheap deal...so is Fasano (if he doesn’t retire)

Landry has been dissected and discussed a zillion times already.

CJ Anderson isn't a free agent and Denver seems to have quite a bit of cap space. Why would Denver release a RB that just gained over 1,000 yards this past season?

Back
Top Bottom