Season (this and next) Thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season (this and next) Thoughts

Turnaround 06

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
An accurate QB would have us in the hunt for the division. I'm sorry but one good game doesn't make up for the 2 months of clunkers Gus has given us. He's a 50% passer who doesn't hit receivers enough. We should have big play opps every game and Gus consistently screws them up.

Linehan's system doesn't work for this personnel group and it leads to bad personnel moves ie Gus and Heath Evans. They presumably wanted a better blocking FB in Barnes but don't run the ball in the second half anyway despite the fact that their 2 best offensive players are their RB's.

The O line could use one more vet in FA to firm it up. Hutchinson would be nice. Maybe a better center if he pops open. Still not totally sold on Seth.

We need 2 new corners (one FA and one high pick) next year. Madison has to go and the jury's out on Poole and Daniels. I think they should both be OK but there's no guarantees. You shouldn't go into a season having to play stiffs like Reggie Howard b/c there's nobody better you can play.

I still maintain that Howard was the worst thing Spielman did. Feeley wasn't awful every game he played here.

Our LB's aren't as good as advertised. Crowder could be but Seau is just a waste now and Zach is getting old and not making the plays he used to. There's no way Heath Evans should rush for that many yds behind a very young OL. Our LB's were as bad as Chambers last week.

Miami needs at least two more big backers next year as E Moore and Seau should be shown the door.

On a more general note, I really thought we would be much better but it appears now that many of the players Saban saw on tape either haven't fully absorbed his system or are never going to fit. Specifically, I think if Gus had delivered early on (consistently) that it might have resulted in more confidence for the team as a whole and a little winning and confidence can go a long, long way. It looks, sometimes, that there is too much thinking about where they should be and not enough knowing and reacting.

Back
Top Bottom