Seats full again......Ross has done an excellent job

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by WhatsUp, Oct 13, 2009.

1. WhatsUp

WhatsUp Rookie

At first when Ross took over I was like "ok" he's trying to do what he thinks is right on the business side. Never going to work.

At first I thought it was kind of stupid that he brought in Gloria E, Mark Anthony & J-low, the Williams sisters, Jimmy Buffet. I'm Not really of fan of any of them.

But now after watching the Monday Night game with all the stars at the game It works.

Seats were full crowd was into it.

Parcells and crew did their end of the deal bringing the players and the winning attitude while Ross is bringing the Limelight back to Miami.

The excitement was in the stadium even after a 0-3 startReally fun to watch again....It's been a while since Miami had a game like that.

2. etsudolfan

etsudolfan A True Fan

3. TKAllDay

TKAllDay Seasoned Veteran Donator

Ross must have been pumped last night. I wonder what ochocinco thought of the game

4. 72TributeBike

72TributeBike A True Fan

I'll be there with my daughter on 12/6/2009 against the Patsies!

GO FINZ!

5. rob19

rob19 Soul Rebel Finheaven VIP Donator

....but I thought this was supposed to be a distraction or a circus or some other ridiculous ****... I never understood the apprehension to the minority owners..

6. jvw

jvw Starter

I agree, it has the Knick laker feel to it having guys like D wade and Ocho Stinko hanging out watching the game. It turning into the place to be......the more we win the more prime time games we get the more the place fills up. We already had 2 games on Monday Night in the first 5 weeks and we have another prime time game with NE later, not sure if thats Monday or Sunday.

7. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

I noticed more woman and kids at the game from the camera shots. I think that could be the difference. Like I said before, they are going family affair marketing.

8. WhatsUp

WhatsUp Rookie

The sidelines were also very busy....seems like the are a ton of people around the playing field. They look like they added field seating in the endzone.

Looks like the added a mini wall the people were standing behind watching the game.

9. SRM

SRM Scout Team

I seriously can't help but read your posts in my head in Lil Wayne's voice :lol:

10. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

Word has it that he is courting Fergie to buy in as a limited partner.

11. SR 7

SR 7 Banned Hammered

its extremely smart bc it makes it look like wow place to be kinda liek what Dallas is doing up there. Its great for bringing in money, getting TV time, primetime games, all this helps our team get more money and spend more and become one of hte best teams in the country.

it is great for the organization no one should ***** one bit.

we had one of the most boring, lame, quiet, and eldered stadiums/team atmosphere in the world in any sport almost until Ross came about.

Just watch Laker games, it is insane, its the Lake Show, ppl love it, spend money, get prime games etc, does nothingbut help the team/organization financially.

12. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

there are a lot of older members that thought it was corny. And I know a lot of people were saying that Ross was just doing things to do things ala Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder. Plus, a lot of people aren't fans of the new partners so they thought Ross was out of touch.

I liked from the beginning what he was doing because 1)All the partners are very successful in the business world not just the entertainment world and 2)It created a buzz about the Fins that got fans excited.

Look at some of the other people he hired. Mike Dee is one of the best advertisers in the world.

13. coalesce

coalesce Dolphin Fan since 1974

Advertising is great.

Celebrities are great.

Winning trumps them all!

Michael

14. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

Ummm its a Monday Night Game, we never had any issues filling seats for a monday night game. Its the day games that we have issues filling the stadium when the Fins arent playing well. Our last Sunday game against the bills was not tecnically full, i saw alot of empty seats. Again Miami is very "Your playing well and we show up" kinda town. THe fins have the luxury of being the sports darling of the town so we atleast never have less then 75% full no matter what our record. Cant say the same for the other sports teams.

Either way I have no issues with what Ross is trying to do.
    Chubbs

15. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

Ocho tweeted during the game that he thought it was the best Monday nighter so far this year. Thought the game and energy was awesome.. He showed pics of his kids with J-Lo

16. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

No embarrassing sea of empty orange seats and an enthusiastic "12 man" who's actually rooting us on; that's a breath of fresh air, especially remarkable considering our losing record. Ross is doing fine and making WH look like a slug by comparison.

17. Lorenzo Rules

Lorenzo Rules A True Fan

Ocho probally thought , man i didnt try hard enough to get traded and he probally thought , hey, " i would look cool in that shade of orange"

or he thought this

"plus seeing as I once sent Joey Porter a case of pepto bismal maybe i can motovate him again."

:rimshot:

18. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

I thought it was great. I loved the mini wall. He's doing everything he can to market the team, and, it looks good so far.

19. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

Goon, what Mini Wall?

20. PorrotheDolfan

PorrotheDolfan Die Hard Fan

hopefully Miami does draw in a bunch of attention, continues to win, and becomes a premier team like the cowboys, steelers, etc. and hopefully this translates to the other Miami teams, the Heat, the Marlins, the Hurricanes,

21. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

During one of the highlights, there appeared to be a mini wall that stretched the seats out right to the back of the end zone. I'll have to watch again to be sure, but I raised my eyebrows thinking.."Wow...I don't remember the seasts being that close."

22. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Bit of a circus atmosphere to me but hey whatever works and get fans out to support the team. Miami has had a fickle fan base for quite some time so maybe some fans need adittional entertainment more than the game itself.

23. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

Hmm i didnt catch that.
    Interesting addition if true.
    chubbs

24. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

So you are saying if he didn't have those B list celebs the stands wouldn't have been full for a Monday Night game against a div ruval? weren't there blackout rumors heading into the Indy game?

25. FINdestructible

FINdestructible Section 211

Right behind the Dolphins bench they have the Ford Sidline Club. For $200.00 bucks you can watch the game from the field. As a club level member i was invited to the field for free this weekend. Pretty cool.

Attached Files:

26. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

we've had 3 home games this year. 2 were on Monday night, the other was against the Bills. I hate to use it as an excuse, but the Bills don't have a a good following and struggle to sell out their own stadium. When we played in Canada last year, you would've thought the Fins were the home team. Besides, it wasn't too bad. There were some empty seats but it looked like a fairly good crowd for a matchup between a winless and 1-win team.

The stadium does look a helluva lot nicer either way. Winning will get fans to show up (and Miami Dolphin fans do travel well to road games), but a big part of it is enjoying the experience. Arizona was good last year and this year, before they stunk. BUT when they got their new stadium (even while being a mediocre team) they started selling out because it was a great experience at the game. Before Ross, the stadium was bland and boring. Now they are doing things to gain interest.

27. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

People have still complained about the stadium's looks on the outside and about the fact that the team celebrated Hispanic culture so not everyone is on board.

I always chalk it up to people being people. They will agree, disagree and talk smack. It is always what it is.

28. Predaphin

Predaphin Predator in the Water

Ross certainly know his stuff....the guy knows which buisness buttons to push...

Keep it up Ross

29. HeartbreakKid28

HeartbreakKid28 A True Fan

Game against the Saints should be too. They're honoring the 1982 and 1984 AFC Championship teams during halftime, that should keep the crowd exciting and pumped through the game

30. WISfinfan13

WISfinfan13 Enter at your own risk...

Cool to be down close to the field but it looks like its hard to see the game. Id rather be closer to the 50 and up about 20-30 rows.

31. FinFan1nDC

FinFan1nDC Rookie

I havent missed a Jets-Dolphins game in almost 15 years and last night was the least amount of Jets fans I've ever seen for a game down here

32. FINdestructible

FINdestructible Section 211

Yeah it's definitely not the best viewing. I just had to go on the field as i've never been there, lol. I didn't watch the game from there, i just went during pre-game warmups.

33. FinsNCanes

FinsNCanes 9-7

No..

It was someone making a thread questioning one that most people failed to actually read outside of the title.

34. WhatsUp

WhatsUp Rookie

The Atmoshphere was great last Monday night.

1st and most important Reasoning is: Parcells/Ireland/Sparano/Players are producing a quality product.

2nd: Ross and his team making great additions to stadium and Marketing! I love the field seating.... brings the fans right in the players touchdown celebrations! Looks fun to me!

Im want to buy a ticket now!

I'm from CT and I usally go once a year.

My next trip I'm sitting on the field!

35. ricky williams

ricky williams peace lover

at 1st i hated the buffet song.

but after listening to the game w/ the crowd rocking it's starting to wear on me after every touchdown.

and you have to imagine when the other team is getting the ball pounded down their throats w/ dolphins power running game that the song gets pretty old fast for them. after the 3rd or 4th touchdown the dolphins score they are probably, "i hate that ****ing song, hate the wildcat, and just hate this place." they probably wont be so excited about returning.

keep the fans coming and turn dolphin games into the events they should be.

36. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

He said on his twitter that it's the best MNF experience he's seen.