Seattle Safety fined $15K for hit on Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seattle Safety fined $15K for hit on Tannehill

I will not be on the "we shouldn't of won that game" crew because I have seen 8 million calls go against us and it was our turn to get a gift.... however that call was bad and this fine is even worse. Perhaps one day when the players have jet packs they can go in reverse and keep from hitting the QB in mid air.

Agreed that was a ticky tack foul and to slap a fine on top of it is ridiculous. The NFL really does put skirts on quarterbacks. Sheesh.

$15,000 for that?? where the hell does Goodell come up with these absurd amounts? his ass maybe?

Agreed that was a ticky tack foul and to slap a fine on top of it is ridiculous. The NFL really does put skirts on quarterbacks. Sheesh.

You could argue the rule is bad but you can't say its a bad call. I think the tuck rule is dumb too but I don't blame the refs for following the letter of the law.

Personally, I think they should adjust the rule to the QB is only deemed defenseless as long as he's in the pocket. He needs to take some responsibility for his own protection at some point and if he chooses to leave the pocket he should be treated like a running back at that point.

$15,000 fine to a guy who makes MILLIONS? Fines are a complete joke. Some of these high-paid players spend that much going out to dinner. $15,000 may be a large sum of money to You and Me, but not to Them.

I think the penalty was appropriate. He didn't jump straight up to block the pass as some are contending, he jumped/launched himself towards Tannehill at an angle and struck him in the head and that is illegal. I have seen pass rushers get called for illegal hits just by brushing a QB's helmet.
With respect to the fine, it is typical of Goodell. Everytime a player gets called for a personal foul, they are always fined later on that week.

garbage his intent was not to hit tannehill he was jumping to knock the ball down Nfl is getting rediculous

Doesn't matter what his intent was. Only the outcome of the action. BTW, how the heck does anyone know what his intent was??

He hit his head even though he barely touched him. The fine is the league more of less backing up the refs on the call.

Back
Top Bottom