Second Look At The Secondary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second Look At The Secondary

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
After watching the game a second time, I am going to be feasting on a bit of, after Thanksgiving, CROW, from Gonzo & friends, without much spice. :)

Our safeties were VG yet again vs the run, with Jones giving up one catch for 9 yards, and Clemons giving up one for 4 yards. Well Done by anyone's standards.

On to the CB's. Carroll split time with Stanford, and gave up a couple of catches for nothing. Stanford gave up that 32 yarder but, not because of his coverage, just a great play which happens.

Now to the CROW aka Smith. I cannot fault him on the TD where a backup TE runs across to back of the end zone the width of the field, JMO, However, his coverage on Rice was BAD. He got beat on 3 for 72 yards, and, with a better QB could have been lit up for over 200. He looked lost, and is not the same player I saw earlier in the year. Don't know what happened, in still playing for a new contract but, in this game he pretty much sucked.

So, time for LOTS of mango salsa to put on my crow. LOL

The true test comes this weekend.will Brady go after smith if so we might be in trouble

I'm just waiting for the "Our Defensive Backs SUCK!" threads when the 40something pts avg per game' Pats play well against a young team in the Dolphins :crazy:

I hope people on this board realize that the Pats are still a super bowl team... and we're not, yet.

What I did not like about the TD in the corner was Smith had the "**** it they aren't throwing it there" attitude and quit on the play. We need guys that finish the play. It wasn't that the guy snook by him that got me, it was the way he just gave up on the play when a litte effort could have altered the outcome.

clemons left the game with cramps...had nothing to do with being benched...smith hasn't played a very good game since like the first quarter of the season...the sanford catch against i mean he was in perfect position even got his head around and all to keep from getting called for pi but he lost his footing and was falling...still tate made a rediculous catch inches off the ground after leaping over sanford...just give credit where it's due tate made a terrific play on a ball too far inside that was tailor made for an int...also carroll played a sideline vertical route really nicely getting his head around also after the face guard...pretty textbook stuff and shows growth in his play...

officials will give you a lot of benefit of the doubt even if you're riding a guy out of bounds or cutting off his angle down the field provided you get your head around...

Guys, re watch the play, the tight end was not his man, he tried to leave his responsibility and was obviously late. Not smiths fault on that play

The true test comes this weekend.will Brady go after smith if so we might be in trouble

Smith will likely be vs Lloyd, and "should" be able to contain him, depending on which Smiht we see.

clemons left the game with cramps...had nothing to do with being benched...smith hasn't played a very good game since like the first quarter of the season...the sanford catch against i mean he was in perfect position even got his head around and all to keep from getting called for pi but he lost his footing and was falling...still tate made a rediculous catch inches off the ground after leaping over sanford...just give credit where it's due tate made a terrific play on a ball too far inside that was tailor made for an int...also carroll played a sideline vertical route really nicely getting his head around also after the face guard...pretty textbook stuff and shows growth in his play...

officials will give you a lot of benefit of the doubt even if you're riding a guy out of bounds or cutting off his angle down the field provided you get your head around...

Good post. Smith was the only one I can fault this past week in coverage.

That was a very nice play.

And as much as I think Smith has been overrated this season, that TD was not entirely on him. That was just a total breakdown in coverage.

Guys, re watch the play, the tight end was not his man, he tried to leave his responsibility and was obviously late. Not smiths fault on that play

The TE was over half the field away when he broke primary coverage and hugged the line in the back of the end zone. I don't believe he saw him.

That was a very nice play.

And as much as I think Smith has been overrated this season, that TD was not entirely on him. That was just a total breakdown in coverage.

Does that mean I can keep my crow warm for another week? JK/LOL

Back
Top Bottom