See Vernon Carey in action | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

See Vernon Carey in action

I saw something that confused me and may contribute confusion to others who watch the same type of play.....On a pass play, Florida's D line looked like this....DE-LB-NT-LB-DE.....with a LBer knee to nose with Carey.....when the ball is snapped carey completely ignores the LBer and double teams the nose tackle with the C.....the LBer shoots the gap...(get's picked up by the R-back).....The whole line actually blocked to the right which I assume was by design....My thoughts are that Carey was following his assignment because there is NO way that he didn't "see" the LBer even though it looked like he missed a blitzing backer. Does that sound correct?

Al13 said:
but i haven´t heard anything from him in camp

Your not gonna hear anything about him except how he looks physically,
you can't tell anything from these minicamps about the dline or oline,
cause they have no pads so you gotta wait till July to see who emerges.

Who blocks the DE then if everybody slides to the right??? I don't know maybe I need to draw it up... was Carey playing guard? If it was a 3 step drop, then I understand.

Dr.Rad said:
Who blocks the DE then if everybody slides to the right??? I don't know maybe I need to draw it up... was Carey playing guard? If it was a 3 step drop, then I understand.
Carey was at LG.....the tackle blocked the DE and they swung wide the opposite way.....It was a quick pass although I can't remember now whether it was three steps or not.

Back
Top Bottom