Seeing a pattern for Drew Rottenhuase... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seeing a pattern for Drew Rottenhuase...

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
From PFT:

"PACK WANT FIRST-ROUNDER FOR MIKE

Agent Drew Rosenhaus likely is facing an uphill challenge as he tries to find a team willing to give up a first-round pick or a comparable player -- which, per a league source, is what the Packers expect in return for cornerback Mike McKenzie.

It's possible, as we see it, that the Packers have attached this level of compensation to any deal because they sense that no team will be willing to cough up compensation in that range."

Anyone see a pattern here?

Teams don't want to renegotiate deals with his clients? Teams don't want to trade for his clients? His clients seem to do a lot of complaining about lack of respect?

How many Dolphin players does Drew misrepresent? I know of these...

Timbo
Olindo
Zach
Ogunleye
Will Poole

Who else?

IIRC, McKenzie just hired Rosenhaus (like this week). And McKenzie is one of the league's best CBs. I don't know what his contract looks like, but he should be getting good dollars.

Still, I'm not seeing a pattern that is in any way the fault or doing of Drew.

Drew has a lot more respect around the league! Now you want to take about a trend look at the Postons clients! Now there are two guys most teams don't want to deal with!

PhinstiGator said:
How many Dolphin players does Drew misrepresent?

You must be naive to the way this world works, but misrepresent, and Rosenhaus do not belong in the same sentence together.

There is a reason he represents so many NFL players, he's the best, make no mistake about that.

Stamos said:
You must be naive to the way this world works, but misrepresent, and Rosenhaus do not belong in the same sentence together.

There is a reason he represents so many NFL players, he's the best, make no mistake about that.
It was just a playful play on words. In one sense, most agents misrepresent their clients (meaning a misleading representation).

Most of us probably don't believe that Ogunleye is willing to sit out most of the season in order to demand a huge contract. If it came to that, it would likely be harmful for Ogunleye's career.

Gadsden was poorly misrepresented by his Dallas lawyer and it shortened his career.

You love it when Rosenhaus misrepresents his player to another team like McGahee for the Bills...yet, you hate it when he lands a valuable contract for a player such as Yatil Green.

No doubt that Drew is very good at what he does. He has to misrepresent to represent. Yet there is a tight rope that he has to walk because he represents other players on the Miami Dolphins. Should Wale Ogunleye earn more money than Zach Thomas? I don't think so.

Once again, I'd steer of using the word misrepresent altogether. I know what your trying to say, but understand one thing I am one of the few football fans who sides with players and agents in contract disputes.

I myself would squeeze every penny I could out of a team I played for, and thats how I live my life. Just about everyone on earth wants everything they can get their hands on, no reason why athletes should be any different. You've heard stories about players who have taken less to play for a certain team, but you'll never find one story about a player ASKING to be paid less.

Hell if not for Rosenhaus, we might not have been able to make half of the offseason moves we've made the last 3-4 years, Dolphins fans should be thanking the man, not insulting.

PhinstiGator said:

Timbo
Olindo
Zach
Ogunleye
Will Poole

Who else?

This proves the point that you need to blame the player and not Drew. Drew does what his clients want him to. Bowens has always played for a lot less here then he could have gotten elsewhere and that's despite Drew being his agent.

I myself would squeeze every penny I could out of a team I played for, and thats how I live my life. Just about everyone on earth wants everything they can get their hands on, no reason why athletes should be any different.

Yea, screw the sport man. Maybe we should move the phins to New England if we can make a profit there.

Stamos said:
Once again, I'd steer of using the word misrepresent altogether. I know what your trying to say, but understand one thing I am one of the few football fans who sides with players and agents in contract disputes.

I myself would squeeze every penny I could out of a team I played for, and thats how I live my life. Just about everyone on earth wants everything they can get their hands on, no reason why athletes should be any different. You've heard stories about players who have taken less to play for a certain team, but you'll never find one story about a player ASKING to be paid less.

Hell if not for Rosenhaus, we might not have been able to make half of the offseason moves we've made the last 3-4 years, Dolphins fans should be thanking the man, not insulting.

PLEASE!! The man spends every waking moment thinking about his own pockets. That frequently means his players pockets get fatter as a result, but never for a moment think that anyones makes a penny because Drew is a nice guy. I read his book...the man is a scumbag through and through. As for a player taking less money for the good of the team, ask MArino how much he would pay for a ring. Ask him today if given the chance he wouldn't go back and take half the money to win a Superbowl? As for supporting the players and their agents, try not to forget that these guys are being paid to play a game. They are entertainers. They are not saving the world from cancer. Your post sounds like something a die hard Union supporter would come up with. Doesn't matter if the salaries are killing the company, squeeze for every penny until the well is dry. VERY short sighted.

PhinstiGator said:

Timbo
Olindo
Zach
Ogunleye
Will Poole

Who else?

Without looking it up I can add:
Arturo Freeman and Rob Konrad.

He wants to get out of Green Bay because they won't give him a new contract--so yes, it IS about money.

Drew is full of it and everyone knows it!!! He is losing the respect he had by trying these "somebody is going to sign my client" CRAP!!! He does this with every player he represents it seems, and before you jump on me yes I know its his job to over hype his client. But if you keep saying that something is going to happen and NOTHING happens guess what, you look stupid. Not one of the Ogun claims came true, not ONE and Im betting the hold out claim is the same way. So before I give Drew any more credit he will have to say something that isnt over hyped LA LA land talk.

Back
Top Bottom