Senior Bowl 2014: Weigh-In Results | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl 2014: Weigh-In Results

I don't know about 4th round for Thomas. I guess, depending on what's left on the board, if there is not much talent left at some point he becomes a legit option. My concern with Thomas is what everyone has, he was not a winner like Kaep, Wilson, Newton, RG3, and he is not a good pocket passer/decision maker. My favorite late QB for a project is Tom Savage.

As far as DTs, I like Hageman. I am warming up to Deandre Coleman as well, even Will Clarke. I like the explosiveness of Donald, and motor of Anthony Johnson and Easley. But I like that Hageman and Coleman play with hands in the air to redirect passes. I am partial to that.

I am looking forward to hear more about Barrow. I think he is a playmaker, I like his smarts, athleticism in coverage, angles.

no doubt logan thomas tape is ugly the last few years...so if someone said hoops your nuts i wouldn't blame you...im just saying instead of taking some mid level at best career guy who you know can't get you over the hump take a shot with a later round pick and see if you can develop him and coach him up...

if i needed a qb and i didnt like the options otherwise or i couldnt get the one that i wanted i'd throw a bone at him later on provided the owner understood that i was not hanging myself over it...the physical skill set is well worth it

no doubt logan thomas tape is ugly the last few years...so if someone said hoops your nuts i wouldn't blame you...im just saying instead of taking some mid level at best career guy who you know can't get you over the hump take a shot with a later round pick and see if you can develop him and coach him up...

if i needed a qb and i didnt like the options otherwise or i couldnt get the one that i wanted i'd throw a bone at him later on provided the owner understood that i was not hanging myself over it...the physical skill set is well worth it

I agree. As a late round qb, I'd definitely take him and see how he improves.

Hoops, what do you think/know about Stanley Jean Baptiste DB from Nebraska. I know a lot of people are trying to throw the R Sherman comparison cause of his size. He's a wr convert and has a knack for finding the ball. Seems like recognition and just lack of experience could hurt him. Would need a good db coach in the NFL to get him playing at a high level. Most places I've checked have him going rnd 3

I agree. As a late round qb, I'd definitely take him and see how he improves.

Hoops, what do you think/know about Stanley Jean Baptiste DB from Nebraska. I know a lot of people are trying to throw the R Sherman comparison cause of his size. He's a wr convert and has a knack for finding the ball. Seems like recognition and just lack of experience could hurt him. Would need a good db coach in the NFL to get him playing at a high level. Most places I've checked have him going rnd 3

he almost fell down when a wr made a cut on him in off coverage...hips very stiff on that rep...i think mayock got it right press man guy...not a fit for our scheme hips wise...i'd expect him to fare better in press reps the rest of the week...not that any of those wrs showed much either

Nice, I can't watch any of the practices so appreciate that. As my girl Shakira says, hips don't lie

Nice, I can't watch any of the practices so appreciate that. As my girl Shakira says, hips don't lie

we'll see tomorrow but i have a feeling those stiff hips will still be there...thats a big damn corner...i would be concerned with quick twitch explosion and cod...32 inch arms too...will be interesting to see what his bench number is...if it's in the 20's he could physically maul guys at the los and redirect em...

but off what we have seen with coyle i don't see it as a fit...i'm looking for guys with good awareness and even some route recognition good in off coverages solid ball skills fluid hips and cod can put their foot in the ground and fire forward to the ball good feet no wasted movements etc...like brent grimes but preferably in a little larger package...

is miami in the corner market though with davis and taylor waiting their turn??? i doubt it...unless we get robbed in free agency at the position

is miami in the corner market though with davis and taylor waiting their turn??? i doubt it...unless we get robbed in free agency at the position

That's what I was gonna ask too. I guess it'll all depend on who the GM is and what he sees in Taylor/Davis. Maybe he liked them as well coming out or he thought they weren't as good as Ireland did. I personally like Taylor and hope he stays healthy through camp to show us what he's got. I'm not sold on Davis, wasn't when we drafted him. If he does want to upgrade, could see a mid rnd pick on a db. I'm gonna comb through some of those mid rounders and see what pops out.

That's what I was gonna ask too. I guess it'll all depend on who the GM is and what he sees in Taylor/Davis. Maybe he liked them as well coming out or he thought they weren't as good as Ireland did. I personally like Taylor and hope he stays healthy through camp to show us what he's got. I'm not sold on Davis, wasn't when we drafted him. If he does want to upgrade, could see a mid rnd pick on a db. I'm gonna comb through some of those mid rounders and see what pops out.

my guess would be if they do use a pick on a corner it would be with the thought process of upgrading the slot...but this whole thing could be fluid if we lose a few guys this offseason in free agency cuts etc

the one good thing i will say is davis and taylor looked best to me in off coverages in college...although davis has never done anything for me...taylors got some nice physical tools and good strength...big camp for both these guys i'd say...davis has to come in stronger so he can get his hands on guys and use them more to hide his long speed a little and his poor tackling...otherwise he will always wear a target

I think Martin could play tackle, I havnt seen his arm size holding him back, and lucky for us, we need a guard anyway, he would be a complete monster there. I'm all for drafting him.

Aaron Donald flat out dominated Cyril Richardson. I've seen that guy compared to Geno Atkins...

McGill is going to get a lot of attention with that length. Its a copycat league and more teams are going to copy what the Seahawks look for in a cornerback.

Logan Thomas ... I'd like to see him move back to tight end.

I heard the NFLN guys talking about Zack Martin too. No harm to try him out at tackle, but he'll be a pro bowl guard.

Looking at the list makes you realise how poor the senior class is compared to the quality of the underclassmen. It'll be a big draft this year, a lot of guys with only a year or two of play in the bank, so plenty of buyer beware.

On the other hand, next season none of these stellar underclassmen will be there, so you better load up this year. Evaluators are going to earn their corn this offseason.

I like Aaron Donald a lot and I'm pleasantly surprised to see his measurements coming out where they did. I was expecting him to be smaller. He's now a contender in Round 1.

Looking at the list makes you realise how poor the senior class is compared to the quality of the underclassmen. It'll be a big draft this year, a lot of guys with only a year or two of play in the bank, so plenty of buyer beware.

On the other hand, next season none of these stellar underclassmen will be there, so you better load up this year. Evaluators are going to earn their corn this offseason.

I like Aaron Donald a lot and I'm pleasantly surprised to see his measurements coming out where they did. I was expecting him to be smaller. He's now a contender in Round 1.

I'm not very concerned by Donald's lack of size at the next level. As long as they don't ask him to be a 2-gap player (highly unlikely), I think he'll continue to be a great. I like the Geno Atkins comparisons. If i'm a team looking for a 3 that plays in the backfield, he'd be at the top of that list.

Coincidentally I have Martin as the #19 rated player in this draft. I have mentioned a few times in other threads players I would like to see picked over him, but it be a good value pick and fill a need at the same time. I think Martin should be a starting Left Guard, and if a teams Left Tackle goes down bump him to the outside and have him fill in there.
Yeah, I think he's a good fit. You don't necessarily want him to play LT, but I think he could hold his own there. That's valuable. I woudn't mind him at #19.

Back
Top Bottom