SENIOR BOWL NORTH SQUAD WR DBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SENIOR BOWL NORTH SQUAD WR DBs

fanfin

Active Roster
Reaction score
watching the first practice live here a are a few players I thought stood out at key positions, I could see us potentially drafting them
Aaron Dobson Marshall WR
Markus Wheaton Oregon State WR
Johnathan Cyprien FIU Safety
Jordan Poyer Oregon State CB
Philip Thomas Fresno State Safety
Desmond Trufant Washington CB

Last edited by a moderator:
Some real possibilities in that group.

I've liked Poyer for a while. I hope he's sitting there in the second when Miami picks, but have a feeling he won't be.

CB's are like gold now. you need like 4 good ones these days. Cheaper too for first contract.

Wouldnt be suprised to see Ireland double up on CB. Jonathan Banks is a serious possiblity IMO at 12.

Would be nice to see them finally sniff around FIU for prospects. Finally returned to UM last year with Miller and Vernon.

I have heard alot of good things about Cyp.
Considering that Ireland did want TY Hilton I wouldnt be shocked if he took a hard look about Cypren.

I'm excited to see the Senior Bowl again this year. The insight into the practices and interviews is always interesting as well. I suspect we will grab a CB in round 2 or 3, so some of these guys are definitely on the radar.

Philip Thomas is going to be a stud, grrrreat instincts. Reminds me of jarius Byrd, not speedy but has range and great closing speed, would love home in the 3rd if he last

Just off the NFL Network coverage, aside from the guys I mentioned, Barner looked awesome; Long looks interesting as LG option (depending on where you can get him); Okafor looked solid; and D. Jones from UCLA looked pretty explosive. I'd be interested to see where I can get him. Fisher from Central Michigan also looked really good. Not an advocate of drafting him in the 1st, but he looks to belong in that area.

Poyer and Trufant, though, are really brash with excellent feet. Wheaton did beat Trufant across his face, causing Trufant to hold him, but once Wheaton gets down the field, you're going to have a hard time checking him without sneaking some contact in there.

Back
Top Bottom