senior bowl week and game thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

senior bowl week and game thread

mark ingram with his vision would run for more yards than ronnie and ricky behind this suspect line...i'm very confident of that...i think if we gave him 20 carries per game that even with this oline he'd go for over 1200 yards rushing and double digit tds...and give us 300 yards receiving as an every down back

we have got to get some youth and fresh legs at rb...got to

i'll be surprised if he runs anything better than late 4.7's...he sure doesn't play very fast

I think he'll clock in around 4.5 or so. His strength (from what I've seen, granted against lesser talent) is running good routes and having above average hands. To me, he comes as more of a possession receiver as opposed to a true threat. But if a team needs a reliable 3rd or 4th option, I think he could fit in that role pretty well. Dolphins don't need that, so I hope they don't draft him.

J, Hoos, I like the thinking. I do think Ronnie doesn't seem to hit the hole fast enough and Ricky just hits the hole if that makes sense. Ronnie would sometimes dance his way out of a gain. Ricky would just run into the wall sometimes. I love ingram and would not be upset with the pick. I wouldn't be upset with Oline either. I just hope they make the right choice and get us a special player. If Ingram is as good as many believe, how on earth is he going to last til 15 when Matthews was gone at 12 last year. I just don't think he will be there. I don't think any of the top 3 qbs will be either. Too many new Head coaches and teams who need Qbs ahead of us. If that is the case what would you 2 favor, trade back, take the best Defensive player at 15 or take oline or TE at 15?

I think he'll clock in around 4.5 or so. His strength (from what I've seen, granted against lesser talent) is running good routes and having above average hands. To me, he comes as more of a possession receiver as opposed to a true threat. But if a team needs a reliable 3rd or 4th option, I think he could fit in that role pretty well. Dolphins don't need that, so I hope they don't draft him.

4.5 yeah i'll be shocked...possession wr with some red zone abilities imo...plus you could use him on a lot of specialty/trick plays...i just don't think the kids gonna separate at the nfl level all that well

J, Hoos, I like the thinking. I do think Ronnie doesn't seem to hit the hole fast enough and Ricky just hits the hole if that makes sense. Ronnie would sometimes dance his way out of a gain. Ricky would just run into the wall sometimes. I love ingram and would not be upset with the pick. I wouldn't be upset with Oline either. I just hope they make the right choice and get us a special player. If Ingram is as good as many believe, how on earth is he going to last til 15 when Matthews was gone at 12 last year. I just don't think he will be there. I don't think any of the top 3 qbs will be either. Too many new Head coaches and teams who need Qbs ahead of us. If that is the case what would you 2 favor, trade back, take the best Defensive player at 15 or take oline or TE at 15?

i have ingram as a top 5 bpa and i'm in the minority on that round here but i just don't think vision and feet and that overall package that mark ingram has comes around in the nfl very often...the only reason i think he would be there at #15 is cause he doesn't possess jaw dropping top end speed...thats the only minor knock i can justify someone raising

as for the te kyle rudolphs the only one i'd consider in the top 20 and i'm not looking interior oline anywhere in the top 20...not worth it...top 20 picks on interior oline are a no no...

I think it depends on how the draft falls. If the BPA at the time of our draft doesn't fit well, I'm all for trading down and grabbing Pouncey or Wisniewski (or even a Carey replacement). If somebody like Amukamara falls (fat chance, I know) or the Rams pass on Julio Jones, I'd be fine with those picks, also. What I don't want is another DE where there's already good depth, and I don't want the team to reach for a QB just to get one.

To be completely honest, I think this draft has a good crop of prospects in which it's not obscenely front heavy with a bunch of duds on day two. I think the Dolphins will have the ability to address their needs in this draft (maybe not all, but a good portion). What makes this draft more tough is the fact that there's a high chance that the teams will be drafting *before* they can address some needs via free agency. In that respect, I don't want the team to hold off with the wish that they could get their guy in FA. They will need to draft like they missed on every free agent. O-Line is especially one area where the Dolphins shouldn't play wait-and-see.

and i'm sick of trading back when you got a top 15 bpa staring you in the face...for once i'd love for this team to go get the bpa at position of need instead of trying to regain picks where you end up with more quantity but less quality...

only way i'd trade down is if all my top guys were off the board...you can't trade back and just assume that so and so will be there...you are at the mercy of every other gm and front office trumping you...its risky

no more watered down talent...get some game changers for gods sakes

and i'm sick of trading back when you got a top 15 bpa staring you in the face...for once i'd love for this team to go get the bpa at position of need instead of trying to regain picks where you end up with more quantity but less quality...

only way i'd trade down is if all my top guys were off the board...you can't trade back and just assume that so and so will be there...you are at the mercy of every other gm and front office trumping you...its risky

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?294722-A-REAL-Recipe-for-Success

We agree there. Like I said a couple posts up, I'm all for trading down if a BPA that fits isn't available. If there's a BPA that fits the Dolphins or can address a need, I think you have to draft him. Otherwise, trading down may be the best option so the team doesn't reach on a player. It's really going to come down to how the draft falls. If they are defaulting to a trade down, I think it's a huge mistake.

Got some measurements of some Canes.

Allen Bailey 6'2 2/8 and 278 lbs
Colin McCarthy 6'2 2/8 and 235 lbs
Leonard Hankerson 6'1 5/8 and 205 lbs
DeMarcus VanDyke 6'0 3/4 and 168 lbs

Got some measurements of some Canes.

Allen Bailey 6'2 2/8 and 278 lbs
Colin McCarthy 6'1 2/8 and 235 lbs
Leonard Hankerson 6'1 and 205 lbs
DeMarcus VanDyke 6'0 3/4 and 168 lbs

Lighter than I expected for Bailey. I don't really see him as a 4-3 DE. Dude needs to bulk up.

Back
Top Bottom