senior bowl week and game thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

senior bowl week and game thread

Noel Devine 5' 7" 160 lbs??? Just don't see it, not here.

Hoops your boy Von Miller is only 6' 2 5/8" and 237 lbs. He's a little light in the pants.

Noel Devine 5' 7" 160 lbs??? Just don't see it, not here.

Hoops your boy Von Miller is only 6' 2 5/8" and 237 lbs. He's a little light in the pants.

not too light to play the weakside

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Mark Herzlich at 6' 4" and 250 lbs. Dang good size for a linebacker with the skill to play.

yeah...like that

Some notes:

-Quarterback's heights in college are generally exaggerated, and it proved true once again at the Combine. Jake Locker, Andy Dalton and Christian Ponder were at a barely okay 6'2 for NFL quarterbacks, Colin Kapernick wasn't 6,6 as formerly listed, and Greg McElroy at 6'1 and a half. Ricky Stanzi's height in college was surprisingly accurate at 6'4.

-The four most impressive players, built-wise, compared to the rest of their positoon were Allen Bailey, Ryan Kerrigan, Von Miller, and Leonard Hankerson. All four were very cut, Bailey especially, and I think if their body type matches up with their on the field skills, which I think it may, all four could be 1st rounders come draft time.

-Three running backs were listed as 5-8 or smaller. Derrick Locke was just at 5'8, and looked compact for the most part, looks like he can take a hit and still move forward. Kendall Hunter looked very impressive at almost 200, and he's closer to a 15-20 plus carry build than I expected. Wes Bunting of NFP pointed out that Noel Devine wore shorts, not spandex, to cover his tiny legs. At 5'7, 160, I think he's out of the draft picture. And outside of running backs, Kendric Burney, cornerback from North Carolina looked awfully small to be an NFL starter, but he could be a Brent Grimes type player.

-DJ Williams at 6'1, 235 further proves that he's an H-Back at the next level. Wouldn't be surprised to see him do run blocking workouts here.

-The big three at offensive tackle lived up to the hype. Nate Solder, Gabe Carimi and Anthony Castanzo all measured in at over 6'7, all three had long arms to possibly play left tackle, and all three will be battling it out for the Top spot on our board.

-Two other tackles that looked like that had left tackle potential were Derek Sherrod and DeMarcus Love. Both over 6'4 and a half, both had decent frames, and both were impressive enough on film.

-Jason Pinkston at 6'3 maybe eliminated him as a left tackle candidate, though I think he could be an above average zone blocking right tackle or an undersized guard. Great technique in college

-Phil Taylor at 6'3, 327 looked like a fit yet massive nose tackle, should be impressive this week. Also, Kelvin Sheppard at 250 looked very NFL ready as an inside linebacker.

-I know Edmond Gates is the feature small school receiver here, but late addition Courtney Smith of South Alabama measured in at 6'4, 220, and looked very well built. He'll probably get drafted on that alone, but he has the skills to skyrocket up boards.

-Finally four guys I think could were surprisingly helped now that size isn't an issue: James Brewer at tackle, Courtney Smith at receiver, Ricky Stanzi at quarterback, Demarco Murray at running back, and Eric Hagg at safety.
http://optimumscouting.com/scout-s-notes/articles/2011-senior-bowl-national-scouting-weigh-in.html

DJ Williams is going to sink like a stone. 6'1 ain't good for an H-back/TE. His name escapes me, but remember the kid from Pitt. who ran a 4.4 flat? He fell to the 7th RD at a similar size.

DJ Williams is going to sink like a stone. 6'1 ain't good for an H-back/TE. His name escapes me, but remember the kid from Pitt. who ran a 4.4 flat? He fell to the 7th RD at a similar size.

Are you talking about Dorin Dickerson?

His height is definitely a concern. He was listed at 6' 2" in college I believe. I was hoping that was accurate as he definitely played well. I agree that it will make him drop. I liked him in the 4th round, maybe draft him in the 5th or 6th if he drops hard. He seems like a player.

dj williams may have dropped with that height but even still 5th round chance i'd take...i'm a fan

A lot of people had him projected to go in the 2nd. I don't see that happening. If he blows people away, maybe he goes in the 3rd. Otherwise, who knows?

I don't buy into Devine going undrafted. He's not McCluster, but he's still worth a look in the late rounds. Hunter probably won't be there when we draft in the 3rd. D. Murray helped himself buy not measuring any taller than 6 flat.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

dj williams may have dropped with that height but even still 5th round chance i'd take...i'm a fan

Yeah, but a lot of people had a top-50 grade on him.

A lot of people had him projected to go in the 2nd. I don't see that happening. If he blows people away, maybe he goes in the 3rd. Otherwise, who knows?

I don't buy into Devine going undrafted. He's not McCluster, but he's still worth a look in the late rounds. Hunter probably won't be there when we draft in the 3rd. D. Murray helped himself buy not measuring any taller than 6 flat.

Murray could end up being a decent hybrid RB/WR with his size. Guy caught 72 balls or something like that last year. He has the hands, at least.

EDIT: And no, I'm not saying he can line up across from Marshall and run routes. I am saying though that he could line up in a two halfback set and get open in the middle or catch a screen well on the run.

Murray could end up being a decent hybrid RB/WR with his size. Guy caught 72 balls or something like that last year. He has the hands, at least.

EDIT: And no, I'm not saying he can line up across from Marshall and run routes. I am saying though that he could line up in a two halfback set and get open in the middle or catch a screen well on the run.

He's a good receiver out of the backfield. He's just not a feature back.

Back
Top Bottom