sensible & realistic draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sensible & realistic draft

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
1 - B. Mingo DE - We need to beat the Pats and the way to do it, is rush Tom Brady.

2a - K.Long OT - Not re-signing Jake would free up a ton of money and thus we would need to replace him. This guy is athletic and IMO could start RT day one.

2b - J.Taylor CB - We need a corner. Fits what Coyle likes, a guy who can be physical and defend the run if needed (no wonder we wont franchise S.Smith).

3a - Da'Rick Rogers WR - I would double up at WR. Philbin has previously said he does not want no.1 but options. So I would double up with 2 different types.

3b - Cobi Hamilton WR - Alternative option and again IMO he has a high ceiling, much like Rogers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sold on Mingo, too much boom or bust in his play. That said, getting a pass rusher at #12 would make sense. I like Long and think he would be a good fit and transition pretty well considering he played in a fast-paced offense at Oregon. Rogers is very interesting and a physically gifted talent. He would be a great compliment to a guy like Wallace. But, I don't think Philibin will take the risk on a player whose had drug issues.

I like Rodgers, and I'm interested in Mingo. Aside from that, I think that's too high for Long, and I think there are better CB's to be had at 54. I also don't like the strategy of taking two iffy WR's. There are enough really good WR's in this draft. You can get a guy with a better chance of succeeding, and we're really needy at the position, so I don't think we should dick around too much.

If we dont sign any of the top 3 FA WRs, Id love to come out of this draft with Patterson in the 1st and someone like Patton at 2b. Our 2A could be one of the solid CBs and 3 could go to a starting caliber G or T.

Patterson
Trufant/Rhodes
Patton

Id love if the draft looked this way after the first two rounds. There will still be OG and OT available in rd 3 and if either Escobar or Kelce are still available at TE towards the end of rd 3 or our 4th, i dont see them as players easily passed on by this FO

There are many ways to attack this draft due to its solid projected depth in rounds 2-4 and free ageny will help paint a clearer picture

It's not very mature to diss somebody's draft mock, as it's all hypothetical, so please believe I'm not trying to be an a-hole when I say I don't like those picks at all. There isn't one pick I would be glad we made. Mingo and Long are both too high. Rogers and Hamilton are waay too risky given the other options available and our screaming need for Day 1 talent. At the 2b pick, I can think of several guys I would like more, including Poyer, McFadden and Wreh-Wilson, if it had to be a CB.

I can see the rationale behind all of them, but they just don't appeal to me in any way. Just my uneducated opinion.

Back
Top Bottom