Serious answer on tomorrow's game please

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finfromthenorth, Oct 6, 2012.

1. finfromthenorth

finfromthenorth Starter Donator

The bengals are a good passing team. Smith has been good for us this year. But are we in that much trouble tomorrow with marshal not playing? Also can our run game keep us on the field enough to slow down the bengals offense? From all I have read sounds like we have no chance. I thought it will be close and that we have a good chance to win. Am I delusional???

2. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Apalled and aghast Donator

​I think we have a decent chance. We have shown that we can score touchdowns and not just field goals. I am not counting on a win, but I think we do have a decent chance.

3. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

not delusional any given sunday. I think our secondary gives us no chance to win though. Bengals have injuries but much better depth

4. Tigershark

Tigershark Member

Jason allen n maybe dre k. Are the only in the secondary not playing

5. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

when guys like Nolan Carrol and Wilson are getting big playing time your secondary sucks

6. GREEKDOLFAN

GREEKDOLFAN Member

hopefully they pull thru and we get a W

7. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

6 post since 2006? That some great restraint

8. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

Could really use Vontae right about now

9. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

IMO we will be in this game (if not win it stright up) we will be in it all the way till the end ,we can run the ball well ,and they are not that good at stopping the run , and they like to balance the game out by running the ball ,but we all know thats not going to happen ,so imo if we can get wake going early and often , we have a very good chance of winning this game . another thing i was predicting myself that we win this one.

10. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

Anything is possible, but unless we completely dominate the Cincy OLine they should have easy pickings against these CB's.

I keep seeing where Smith will keep AJ Green in check . . . I truthfully don't believe people on this board realize how talented AJ Green is. He's top 5 already IMO. AJ Green not going off will probably have alot to do with better matchups elsewhere for Dalton but lets not pretend like Smith is on par with Green. That matchup favors Cincy, just like all of the WR matchups do.

Fact is, you may have gotten a decent trade for Vontae Davis, and he may be hurt right now for Indy, but the idea that Jeff Ireland thinks the quartet of Smith/Marshall/Carroll/Wilson was a solid one and made the decision easy to trade Vontae is just more evidence that he has a questionable eye when it comes to skill positions.

11. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

Expect Cincy to try and go over the top a dozen times tomorrow.

12. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

Our running game and our Defense will need to carry us in this game. The pass offense wont be so potent vs Leon Hall and that secondary.

13. buxster07

buxster07 A True Fan

Our pass rush is going to have to be stellar for our D to have a chance. We already have one of the worst pass defenses in the league, and losing Marshall is huge. Even if Carol plays out of his mind, Bengals can spread 5 wide, and defer to attack our nickle or dime db scrubs all day.

I'm not expecting a win, but holding out hope for a break or two and luck out w/ a win.

14. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

This is the NFL so on any given Sunday the talent is fairly even and Cincinnati is good but not elite!

15. zackmandude63

zackmandude63 Poconos Phinatic!

Who knows, maybe one of our unknowns will step up and shine??

16. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

imo green is good , just as fritz is good , also smith contained fritz , and he should be able to contain green , it will be on the other WRs to win the game for cincy im not sayin that green wont make some catches but i do beleave that smith will limit the catches green gets as he did fritz ,so imo if cincy wins the game it will be on the other 2 WRs to win it for them because i dont see cincys running game giving us any problems.
    i think we win a close one.

17. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Well he didnt contain Andre Johnson or Santanio Holmes so who knows

18. Njphinsfan

Njphinsfan Well-Known Member

With the way Carroll has been playing, I think we are in trouble in the secondary. I would rather see what Sanford brings to the table, which we may see because Carroll has been struggling with injuries as well. I tthink we can keep it close if our Bush can get something going and we are able to throw the ball a little. Don't see a blowout, but losing Marshall hurts a lot, even with as poor as he has been playing.

19. Valbon8

Valbon8 Phins Up!

Smith didn't cover Holmes. You watch the game???

Follow me on Twitter @vlatifi

20. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

No one covered Holmes and that was the problem. Just saying that Smith is not guaranteed to take Green out of game not even close. Holmes not only destroyed our secondary with his receptions he created like 3 pass interference calls. There will be plenty of times when Green has a different corner on him and even when Smith is on him he still has alot to prove

21. ojmcduffy

ojmcduffy Seasoned Veteran

i think our front 7 is good enough to contain the bengals offense. I don't think we are that bad against the pass. Our d has not allowed a 100 yard ryusher in 18 games. I think our passing d looks weak statistically because since teams cant run the ball on us they throw the ball alot more. They give up alot of yardage through the air because opposing teams are forced to throw more because they can't get the ground game going.

22. Djavelin

Djavelin Head Dolphin In This Pod Donator

Miami wins.

23. Nawledge

Nawledge Scout Team

hes actually hurt and not playing today but both are corners are having a better year than vontae

Vontae Davis has 15 tackles 0 ints 1 pass def
    Sean Smith has 14 tackles 2 ints 7 pass def
    Richard Marshall has 18 tackles 1 int 5 pass def

Vontaes numbers are almost identical to Nolan Carrolls (15 tackles no picks and no pass def)

24. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Rookie

Yeah AJ Green will soon be well known throughout the league as on the same level as Megatron/healthy Andre Johnson, etc, the guy is a freak. Even if he is doubled he beats coverage and pulls down receptions. That said, he still has a second year QB throwing to him so obviously the key to this is to generate pressure on him throughout all four quarters. Also, keeping him off the field through long time killing drives would be helpful as well.