Shaq O'Neil | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shaq O'Neil

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Reaction score
Opted out of his current contract to resign a 5 year $100 mill. contract. Now that is crazy money people. Is he worth it? It just blows me away how much teams are willing to pay players.

100 Million is a ton of money... but its still 25 million less than what he could have got.... 100 million well spent

20 Million a year compared to the 30 he was originally asking for? Yeah I'd say thats a great deal. Now we can afford to sign a FA or two.

SCall13 said:
Opted out of his current contract to resign a 5 year $100 mill. contract. Now that is crazy money people. Is he worth it? It just blows me away how much teams are willing to pay players.

Yes.

He actually took LESS money and a longer contract.

SCall13 said:

He took $10 million less than what he was making, so that pretty much answers the question for me......

Seems like a freaking bargain to me.

SCall13 said:

If players are making this much imagine how much the owners are making. The players deserve as much as they can get.

I'm assuming everyone that answered YES are heat fans. Or most of you. I'm not an NBA fan. I'll keep my opinion about the NBA to myself. But there is no way ANYONE is worth $25 mill a year. NO ONE. Especially a player that may be dominant but is also known to be lazy at times. But that's an entirely different argument.

Even injured, no one matches up with him on the floor.

He did us a favor - a huge one - by taking $100M instead of holding us to the $125M he could have demanded, and gotten. He made it possible for that massive trade to go through by freeing up space between the cap and the luxury tax threshold, and is making it possible to add one more starter/contributor with the MLE without killing ourselves with payroll.

Shaq is a superhero once again and always.

Back
Top Bottom