Shaquille O'Neal told Kobe Bryant: 'I will kill you' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shaquille O'Neal told Kobe Bryant: 'I will kill you'

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Shaq apparently got so fed up with Kobe discussing his weight and injuries during a TV interview with Jim Gray that he threatened to kill his teammate, according to a new autobiography Shaq Uncut: My Story, co-written by ESPN Around the Horn panelist Jackie MacMullan.Here's Shaq recalling his confrontation with Kobe after Bryant was charged with sexual assault while also taking a swipe at Gray who went on to co-perpetrate the made-for-TV LeBron James/ESPN disaster The DecisionKobe stands up and goes face-to-face with me and says, "You always said you're my big brother, you'd do anything for me, and then this Colorado thing happens and you never even called me." I did call him. ... So here we are now, and we find out he really was hurt that we didn't stand behind him. That was something new. I didn't think he gave a rat's *** about us either way. "Well, I thought you'd publicly support me, at least," Kobe said. "You're supposed to be my friend." Brian Shaw chimed in with "Kobe, why would you think that? Shaq had all these parties and you never showed up for any of them. We invited you to dinner on the road and you didn't come. Shaq invited you to his wedding and you weren't there. Then you got married and didn't invite any of us. And now you are in the middle of this problem, this sensitive situation, and now you want all of us to step up for you. We don't even know you." ...Everyone was starting to calm down when I told Kobe, "If you ever say anything like what you said to Jim Gray ever again, I will kill you." Kobe shrugged and said, "Whatever."...From that day on, I was done dealing with Kobe. I was done dealing with Jim Gray, too. What goes around, comes around. When he got fired, he actually had the nerve to call me and ask me to help him out. What, did you lose Kobe's number?http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ou-espn-los-angeles-lakers-jackie-macmullan/1

...both Kobe and Shaq were too immature to put a longer dynasty with the Lakers before their own egos...Kobe has matured from that "stand-offish" young kid that came into NBA as an 18 year old... you can see now how he's a lot more inclusive with his teamates...Shaq has to regret leaving the storied franchise that is the Los Angeles Lakers...though I doubt he'll man up to it...I realize Shaq is out to sell a book...but he sure does sounds bitter....not just Kobe..Shaq take a shot at LeBron James too...I've always liked Shaq...but this makes me think a little bit less of him...

Should have called the chapter about him and Kobe "the story of two huge LOOK AT ME ******s." IMO

I realize Shaq is out to sell a book...but he sure does sounds bitter....not just Kobe..Shaq take a shot at LeBron James too...I've always liked Shaq...but this makes me think a little bit less of him...

At least from the released quotes it doesn't look like he had too much negative to say about Lebron....other than him being babied in Cleveland, and who didn't believe that was happening?

I'm sure there's more than enough hyperbole and misremembering some not so minor details but what can you expect from an ego so large....

Back
Top Bottom