Shedding light on Todd Perry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shedding light on Todd Perry

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Todd Perry (reply to 39)

I just disagree on Perry. IMO, he was the most solid guy on the line. Even with his busted up knee and weight of knowing his mother was battling a cancer (which was diagnosed very late) way off in Kentucky, he still covered Wade's and Ruddy's asses.

I just didn't see him play the way lots of posters allege he did (badly).

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...fl-marvez0113.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

muck.............

Originally posted by Muck
I just disagree on Perry. IMO, he was the most solid guy on the line. Even with his busted up knee and weight of knowing his mother was battling a cancer (which was diagnosed very late) way off in Kentucky, he still covered Wade's and Ruddy's asses.

I just didn't see him play the way lots of posters allege he did (badly).

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...fl-marvez0113.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

I thought he played average at best. I didn't know the story about his mother??? That could've been a factor into his play on the field.

Not many people do. And it was a very big factor. Probably more so than the knee injury. Same thing happened to Matt Turk in 1999 and 2000 when his brother was dying.

Perry used to be a nasty run blocker in Chicago. And it makes sense why all the sudden he looked like a finesse guy in 2001.

well he'll have to prove it this year since he is going to have to fight for his starting job with Searcy; but either way the OL will look better blocking for RW :D

I have to admitt...

I was one of those guys who talked down on Perry. I didn't know he was battling problems like that. I thought he was only an average lineman who didn't cause us any dumb penalties.

But know with this situation coming to light with his mom, it kind of reminds me of how Turk was with his brother's situation a couple of seasons ago.

God bless him.

Originally posted by dolphan39
well he'll have to prove it this year since he is going to have to fight for his starting job with Searcy; but either way the OL will look better blocking for RW :D

:D :D :D

The thing that is over looked is this was the first year most of the guys on the o-line have played together. As a coach myself i know you can't underestimate that. There is not another postion in sports where 5-6 guys have to be so insync. The Browns in their first sseason back showed how hard that is. They went out and got the best o-lineman in free agency that year, but they just weren't on the same page and allowed more sacks than any other team in the league. Take away the musical chairs we played with the o-line, and the fact that every starter at that postion wwas dealing with an injury, and add RW and we will have an o-line that is at least 3 times better than last year.

Originally posted by Dajesus
The thing that is over looked is this was the first year most of the guys on the o-line have played together. As a coach myself i know you can't underestimate that. There is not another postion in sports where 5-6 guys have to be so insync. The Browns in their first sseason back showed how hard that is. They went out and got the best o-lineman in free agency that year, but they just weren't on the same page and allowed more sacks than any other team in the league. Take away the musical chairs we played with the o-line, and the fact that every starter at that postion wwas dealing with an injury, and add RW and we will have an o-line that is at least 3 times better than last year.

I hope you're right. If you are then things will be very fun to watch next season (especially when RW runs right over the Jets as they cower to their mommies.):lol:

Back
Top Bottom